Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Nov 13, 2021 at 4:20 AM Post #7,531 of 8,192
I prefer the coaxial output more than the USB output from N6ii, even when the USB Audio output offers higher bandwidth.

The SPDIF output from N6ii is a plug and play setup, unlike USB Audio output, you don't need to tweak the output setting. I can test the Spotify output to S/PDIF later just in case.
yes, if you want to connect N6ii to a audio pre-amp, a high quality line out is recommended, so E02 is recommended. If your pre-amp has a balanced (XLR) input, the 4.4mm to dual XLR from iFi is recommended. If your preamp is single-ended only, you can use 4.4mm to 2xRCA interconnect, this will take the R+, L+ and GND from 4.4mm and use it as single-ended line out. I don't think you can find this cable off-the-shelf, you need to either DIY or custom build from technician or audio cable shops.

Thanks again, enjoy your weekend!

Nov 14, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #7,532 of 8,192
I managed to find a couple of hours to listen to my N6ii + R01 module. It's been a while and my mind was blown. Tried first on my Beyer Xelento IEMs and then on my Beyer T5p 2nd Gen. Glorious sound through both. How can a DAP sound this good?

For reference, my reference headphones system is Audirvana Studio running on my iMac --> Gustard A18 DAC --> Burson Soloist 3XP head amp --> Audeze LCD-X headphones.

The little N6ii + R01 combo puts up a good fight! I have used the Audeze LCD-X headphones with the R01 and they are an awesome combo, but the T5p 2nd Gens are smaller and lighter so go better with the N6ii.

Nov 19, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #7,534 of 8,192
If anyone is looking for a swiss army knife type device to use as a balanced amp with N6ii+A02 you could do a lot worse than the new Ifi xDSD Gryphon. They are more or less exactly the same size too.

20211119_175230.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #7,535 of 8,192
Definitely a phone holder ...:) but does not hold the N6ii securely. I have one for MYR6. I think you can find similar with better grip.
i am using the same holder 😎

Attachments

• A98CB330-BC45-46DB-B511-100A33634AA6.jpeg
    A98CB330-BC45-46DB-B511-100A33634AA6.jpeg
    467.5 KB · Views: 0
Nov 24, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #7,537 of 8,192
Cayin has just announced our first USB Dongle DAC. The RU6 portable DAC/Amp incurred the 24bit Discrete R-2R resistor ladder network from R01 Audio Motherboard. It is a scale down version and we spend months of hardwork to squeeze everything into a 28g dongle. It even offer NOS DA mode that is absent in R01.

Check it out HERE for more detail, I can promise this is as innovative as putting a pair of vacuum tube into N3Pro.

RU6 Connect to Mobile Phone.jpg

RU6 PCB explode.jpg

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Nov 24, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #7,539 of 8,192
Battery Test Power off 2021-1125.jpg

Start a new round of battery test, power off N6ii for 5 days. Let's see my 2 years old N6ii battery can hold up. will report finding on 30th Nov 12:00noon (GMT+8)

Nov 25, 2021 at 2:54 AM Post #7,541 of 8,192
@Andykong what is the average turnaround time for a repair if you know by any chance ? My N6ii Ti has been gone for 2 months 😱
Oh wow... Mine is just being sent to Cayin today.... 😱
It’s finally back!

That's great.

Glad to know the N6ii-Ti returned finally, the logistic system is still suffering to different extend, I sincerely hope we can quickly resume our system next years, the lock down has costed us a lot more than anyone can expect.

Nov 25, 2021 at 4:48 AM Post #7,542 of 8,192
That's great.

Glad to know the N6ii-Ti returned finally, the logistic system is still suffering to different extend, I sincerely hope we can quickly resume our system next years, the lock down has costed us a lot more than anyone can expect.
Fingers crossed.. According to Phil (Audioconcierge) my N6ii should be ready to send back this week.. 🍀

Nov 25, 2021 at 5:34 AM Post #7,543 of 8,192
Cayin has just announced our first USB Dongle DAC. The RU6 portable DAC/Amp incurred the 24bit Discrete R-2R resistor ladder network from R01 Audio Motherboard. It is a scale down version and we spend months of hardwork to squeeze everything into a 28g dongle. It even offer NOS DA mode that is absent in R01.

Check it out HERE for more detail, I can promise this is as innovative as putting a pair of vacuum tube into N3Pro.

RU6 Connect to Mobile Phone.jpg

RU6 PCB explode.jpg
Hi Andy,

I have a question regarding the RU6.
At the moment all my external DACs require (and come with) a special Windows driver to overcome the system's lack of hires audio support (sample rate >48000kHz for example).
Will Cayin provide such driver, so the RU6 can be used on Windows computers, too?
Or will the RU6 be iOS and Android only?
BTW, all above mentioned drivers have the same interface and UI (see attached screenshot), so I guess there must be some common toolkit/framework which can be taylored to the OEM's requirements.

Attachments

• Image 592.jpg
    Image 592.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 0
Nov 25, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #7,544 of 8,192
Hello everybody!

After a week long trip, I came back home, only to find my N6ii screen's died, while i left it inside it's case, inside a drawer.
Doing the reset procedure, the screen turns on, but doesn't show anything. The charging ring works, but now, I'm not sure what to make of it. Is there a replacement screen I can get, or any other procedure I should run before giving up?
It sucks because I really enjoyed that little thing and wanted to use it for a few years at least, since it powered my CIEMs really well.

Nov 25, 2021 at 8:02 AM Post #7,545 of 8,192
Hello everybody!

After a week long trip, I came back home, only to find my N6ii screen's died, while i left it inside it's case, inside a drawer.
Doing the reset procedure, the screen turns on, but doesn't show anything. The charging ring works, but now, I'm not sure what to make of it. Is there a replacement screen I can get, or any other procedure I should run before giving up?
It sucks because I really enjoyed that little thing and wanted to use it for a few years at least, since it powered my CIEMs really well.

I assume you kept it on a charger long enough? Or just plug it in to usb port of your laptop and leave it for a few hours to trickle charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back