Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Sep 27, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #7,246 of 8,192
Yes it's already start selling in china
At ¥8998

It has been on pre-order at Musicteck for a week already, but it says shipping date early November. One thing to be careful, in the last few years quite a few DAP releases in China had Google Play store disabled and came preloaded with a different fw which couldn't be upgraded to "international" version with Google Play support. Also, traditionally, some of these releases come out in China first to make sure the first production batch is OK and there are not hw issues. It is a lot easier to issue a local recall, if something found, rather than doing international recall from distributors/retailers outside of China. Which brings me to another point, make sure you are buying your gear from authorized sellers. I have seen it mentioned on a few FB pages of other manufacturers in Asia, warning about some other well known on-line retailers who buy from a 3rd party and re-sell it on-line, voiding direct warranty.

Sep 27, 2021 at 9:40 PM Post #7,247 of 8,192
True indeed, I prefer to get it from local authorized dealership, save the hassle to get warranty claim. Meantime wait for review on the product before making any impulse purchase.

This was enforce with what I found myself in when I bough a used Acoustune HS1679-ti from a private user. Making sure the unit was purchased from local distributor and under warranty. The issue resolved without hiccup.

Sep 28, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #7,249 of 8,192
A quick question: anyone else has trouble where the DAP just loses connection to the wifi router after some time playing? Happens with any of the streaming apps I have (TIdal, Qobuz, UAPP, Roon), I've tried disabling battery optimization on these apps, with no success.
Any tips on solving this? It's the only issue I've had with the DAP so far, I like it a lot, but this is the only point that bugs me.

Attachments

• IMG_20210915_193046-01.jpeg
    IMG_20210915_193046-01.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 0
Sep 28, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #7,250 of 8,192
A quick question: anyone else has trouble where the DAP just loses connection to the wifi router after some time playing? Happens with any of the streaming apps I have (TIdal, Qobuz, UAPP, Roon), I've tried disabling battery optimization on these apps, with no success.
Any tips on solving this? It's the only issue I've had with the DAP so far, I like it a lot, but this is the only point that bugs me.

I have experienced dropped connection, but not in regular based. Maybe others can share their experience.

Does it make any different when you connect to your router in 2.4GHz or 5GHz?

When you said lost connection after some time playing, do you mean drop off after 5 minutes or 20 minutes?

Have you try with other router or WiFi source? For example, setup a WiFi hotspot from your mobile phone for the DAP?

If you to keep all mobile phones away from your DAP, does it improve the connection?

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 28, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #7,251 of 8,192
Anyone can share your Audio settings for this device?

Sep 28, 2021 at 8:37 PM Post #7,252 of 8,192
It sorta depends on which module you're running. Generally speaking I prefer sharp roll-off filters for my AKM DACs. I should probably give the E02's setting a spin. I literally have no idea what they're set at, and I'm not very familiar with Sabre chips.

After living with the R01 for a few weeks now, I gotta admit, I think the E02 is still my favorite with the Empyrean. No doubt I prefer the R-2R DAC, but I wouldn't be shocked to learn that the E02's amp stage is the most powerful of all the N6ii modules. Maybe the ideal headphone for the R01 is either something less current-dependent or a high quality IEM (stares nervously at the FD7).

Sep 28, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #7,253 of 8,192
No doubt I prefer the R-2R DAC, but I wouldn't be shocked to learn that the E02's amp stage is the most powerful of all the N6ii modules.
It is.

Sep 28, 2021 at 11:29 PM Post #7,254 of 8,192
It sorta depends on which module you're running. Generally speaking I prefer sharp roll-off filters for my AKM DACs. I should probably give the E02's setting a spin. I literally have no idea what they're set at, and I'm not very familiar with Sabre chips.

After living with the R01 for a few weeks now, I gotta admit, I think the E02 is still my favorite with the Empyrean. No doubt I prefer the R-2R DAC, but I wouldn't be shocked to learn that the E02's amp stage is the most powerful of all the N6ii modules. Maybe the ideal headphone for the R01 is either something less current-dependent or a high quality IEM (stares nervously at the FD7).
But E02 draw power alot

Sep 29, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #7,255 of 8,192
I have to agree that R01 power isn’t that versatile. Good for IEM and lower impedance headphones. Higher ones like Senns hd650 the bass is anaemic. Tried with IFI Diablo via USB strangely the volume control on N62ii affects the loudness. Was expecting using usb would render the N6ii as a transport. Anyone can shed some light here? Thanks.

Sep 30, 2021 at 3:40 AM Post #7,257 of 8,192
Well, I finally got my N6ii a couple of days ago now and although I had ordered just the DAP and a separate R01 module the N6ii came with the A01 installed too! Bonus is that my dealer didn't charge me for this. Anyway I thought I would just use the A01 meantime in order to get everything set up, which took quite a short time even for me and I had Qobuz streaming and SD card hi res albums on hand.

I was not ready for the sound quality. It is very good indeed. My N6ii replaces a Limetree streaming DAC teamed with a Cayin iHA6 amp as my home/office system. I think the N6ii matches this for the most part and even improves on the layering and soundstaging. The UI is responsive and quick enough with a good quality screen. Although it is not the lightest DAP it has a nice heft that speaks of quality and it sits easily on my desk and doesn't slide about it you move with headphones on.

Don't think I have been impressed with such a small box since a Sony Pro Walkman......ask your father.......

On top of that I haven't even opened the R01 box yet as I have been too busy enjoying this!!!

I shall report back soon.....

Sep 30, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #7,258 of 8,192
Do you know guys if there are several versions of the product are now sold on market - Chinese and Global, or Cayin simplified things and one Global is on market?
I heard that if you buy in China, google services are not working on the device. Who has experience?

Sep 30, 2021 at 8:13 AM Post #7,259 of 8,192
Do you know guys if there are several versions of the product are now sold on market - Chinese and Global, or Cayin simplified things and one Global is on market?
I heard that if you buy in China, google services are not working on the device. Who has experience?

Google, FB, Twitter and some other services are banned in China due to their Great Firewall. That is a reason why there are 2 versions of many Android DAPs, for Chinese market and International version for outside China. Thus, if you are buying your DAP from Chinese retailers, double check which version you are getting.

Sep 30, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #7,260 of 8,192
I didnt realize there was a China vs global. I purchased a used one that is China...found out the hard way when I couldn't find Google play store. but not so bad, was able to download spotify apk and installed it that way. love the cayin n6ii with t01 module.

maybe one day I can buy the r01 cheap on the used market

Users who are viewing this thread

Back