Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Aug 13, 2021 at 4:55 AM Post #6,976 of 8,192
Is there a feature on this DAP to stop charging at a certain percentage, say 80%? My R8 has that (but it only works if the player is on when charging).
No not that I'm aware of. So I do admit sometimes I put mine on charge, forget about it and come back to find its @ 100% so I don't always practice what I preach. :)

Edit:
I suppose we could limit the charge to a timed period by investing one of these. Plug it in set timer for 30 minutes and get exactly a 30 minute charge boost.

1628845170888.png

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #6,977 of 8,192
Is there a feature on this DAP to stop charging at a certain percentage, say 80%? My R8 has that (but it only works if the player is on when charging).

N6ii doesn't support this feature.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 13, 2021 at 5:52 AM Post #6,978 of 8,192
Good question, but I wouldn't worry about it too much for a couple of reasons:

1. There have been no reports that I'm aware of of any batteries failing.
2. I've been using mine almost daily for over two years now and the battery still seems very good. I do usually try to stick to the 20-80% rule.

Screenshot_2021-08-13_082410.jpg
Not too much of an Android guy. Is Accubattery Pro a good app?

Aug 13, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #6,980 of 8,192
The R01 board is simply AMAZING. You guys that own the N6ii, GET IT. You will not be disappointed. It is worth every penny. And there aren't many left.....
I know I haven't heard all the boards available for this thing but I had the E02, which was so highly rated, and it's not even close. This thing makes all your music sound so good....

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #6,981 of 8,192
The R01 board is simply AMAZING. You guys that own the N6ii, GET IT. You will not be disappointed. It is worth every penny. And there aren't many left.....
I know I haven't heard all the boards available for this thing but I had the E02, which was so highly rated, and it's not even close. This thing makes all your music sound so good....
Wow…make me feel like getting the R01 board real soon. I have heard many wonderful reviews at this thread about this magical board

Aug 13, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #6,982 of 8,192
For anyone reading this, here is my opinion for what its worth.

I got my R01 yesterday morning and I only have about 20 hours running on it so far, not actually listening all the time though, I just leave it playing when I take my T5p off and leave it playing.

Yes its good I agree and has different strengths and weaknesses over the other boards, the soundstage on some tracks with R01 is mind-blowing for example.

But to balance things a bit, it's like all the other boards simply a different variation on a theme, which is exactly how Cayin design these boards so thumbs up to their design team for continuing to produce high quality audio products which are able to produce this level of sound quality.

Am I glad I managed to get one, yes I am, but now I have it like everything in this hobby the big question is "when can I get my hands on the next amazing item." :)

Aug 13, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #6,983 of 8,192
Just wait till you have 150+ hrs on the board and at least 50 hrs of actual listening time, so your brain can fully decipher what all is going on. For me, its about that accurate recreation of reverb. So important for a real life playback feel. All those sounds and effects properly decaying and bouncing around really draws you in.

Aug 13, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #6,984 of 8,192
Gosh, I’m so jealous, it looks like everyone already has received their R01 and only my parcel is already 18 days on the way and still somewhere in China. This is my last order from Hifigo. That ridiculous option of delivery named Express on their site...

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #6,986 of 8,192
Aug 15, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #6,987 of 8,192
You’re in for one fun weekend!
Imagine:
A card that makes a snare drum actually sound like a snare drum!
A card where horns actually sound like horns!
A card that actually detects and projects reverb in a proper manner!
A card where it is easy to pick out how many people are singing harmony and distinguish each one!
A card where you just don’t get fatigue!
A card that is absolutely smooth like butter!

Imagine that…

I think that is what we have with the R-01.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021 at 11:46 PM Post #6,989 of 8,192
Hi guys. How I can fix or make it better wifi connection? Sometimes just simply loses wifi without any reason.
Thanks for any help
Switch to 2.4Ghz, if you can? I had drop outs walking around my apartment till I went to the older band.

Aug 16, 2021 at 11:23 PM Post #6,990 of 8,192
Imagine:
A card that makes a snare drum actually sound like a snare drum!
A card where horns actually sound like horns!
A card that actually detects and projects reverb in a proper manner!
A card where it is easy to pick out how many people are singing harmony and distinguish each one!
A card where you just don’t get fatigue!
A card that is absolutely smooth like butter!

Imagine that…

I think that is what we have with the R-01.
Agree, that is what I am hearing already.
Awesome soundstage and realistic space around the instruments.
Loving acoustic guitar too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back