Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jul 18, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #6,781 of 8,191
Waiting for dap and r01 from hifigo, any case recommendations? I don't like dignis, mb someone using a crystal clear one? Is it normal?
I have an Easecase custom case for the N6ii that I bought before I knew the Cayin case came with my DAP. If you want it, I'll sell it to you for around cost. It's pretty nice and not too different than Cayin's case. If you're interested, I can share more details over PM.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #6,783 of 8,191
dd case for N6ii isn’t expensive and has better protection, because cover all sides of the DAP.

Indeed, @ddHiFi N6ii case is really good and quite secure.

ddhifi-n6ii-case-03.jpg ddhifi-n6ii-case-04.jpg
ddhifi-n6ii-case-05.jpg ddhifi-n6ii-case-07.jpg

ddhifi-n6ii-case-12.jpg ddhifi-n6ii-case-13.jpg

Jul 18, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #6,784 of 8,191
Jul 18, 2021 at 10:56 PM Post #6,786 of 8,191
Jul 20, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #6,792 of 8,191
Does anyone know if it's possible to make the Cayin N6ii a Roon Endpoint via some Android app? I don't have Roon at the moment and am just starting to explore how it works and what it does.

Yes you can do that and it works bitperfect (the last time I tried it anyway) due to the N6ii's direct audio feature (bypassing the Android mixer)
+1
I would also like to know how the N6ii could function as a Roon endpoint. What software would be needed on the N6ii? What about data transfer volumes/rates in this case? Would Roon running on a PC send decoded PCM to the N6ii over the home WiFi?

Off topic: What I am doing currently is let Neutron or UAPP access local audio files stored on my PC‘s hard disk (SSD) over the WiFi network using Samba built into these apps. So this takes lower data volumes since compressed FLAC is being sent. I do observe that Neutron is considerably more stable regarding network transfer than UAPP, don‘t know why. In case of DSD (.dsf files, up to DSD256), I sometimes get hiccups. The nuisance comes when the apps want to update their music library over the network, since I have approx. 1.2 TB of music on my PC.

Jul 20, 2021 at 5:20 AM Post #6,794 of 8,191
@MarkParity Thanks! And as @111MilesToGo asked, how can we turn the N6ii into a Roon Endpoint? I'm thinking about building an Intel NUC as a Roon Core. I don't have a Roon subscription at the moment but might trial it soon.
I'm going to test this again this evening as it's been a while since I did this and there have been a lot of Roon updates so I'm hoping it still works.

I paid for Roon yearly and in the end decided to get a "lifetime" subscription it does get used every day but not as much as I used to use it.

Jul 20, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #6,795 of 8,191
hi everyone, i am pretty keen on getting the N6ii ti version with the R2R chip. am considering between this and the Hiby R8 which has 2x AKM4497 chips and a more updated software/hardware.
i will primarily be streaming/offline over Tidal, and playing these thru Zeus XIV and Sony IER-Z1R
would love to hear some thoughts on which would be a better set up. thanks~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back