Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Mar 15, 2020 at 5:38 AM Post #3,871 of 8,191
I tried via mobile through ibasso DC02 dac. This should properly present the files. Can you try without faking and tell me your score?
It does not make any sense to test them via the internet browser.

Mar 15, 2020 at 5:58 AM Post #3,872 of 8,191
Yes, that's why we can't replicate the problem repeatedly and develop a solution to enhance the situation, it is pretty randomized in our observation.

I'd suggest formatting the card and re-copying the files. That might fix the problem.

Mar 15, 2020 at 8:45 AM Post #3,874 of 8,191
It does not make any sense to test them via the internet browser.

Hello can you explain this a little more tschnical as I'm interested..
Doesn't it stream just the file as it is?

Mar 15, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #3,875 of 8,191
Hi @Andykong, good to see you active.

Hmm, in particular here in Europe, we are bracing for and experiencing the huge virus wave more and more. Wish us and everybody everywhere luck!

Stay healthy, everybody.
Getting quite serious here in the UK. We’re probably a week or so behind Italy according to certain sources. Crazy times.

Mar 16, 2020 at 10:50 PM Post #3,876 of 8,191
Der guys,

is anyone using poweramp and can suggest good audio settings?
Specially at the section for output.. I run now on default settings audio track.
If I choose hi-res output, I just get crazy noise.

Thanks for support

Mar 17, 2020 at 3:26 AM Post #3,877 of 8,191
due to the shortage of fiio m15, i went for the n6ii instead. During the time i spend in the store comparing m15 ,n6ii t01and n6ii e01, in the end I decide to go with the n6ii e01. Reason is simple e01 paring with final a8000 sounded noticeably more transparent than the others.

Some irrelevant observations, m15 with over the ear mode on sounded like an improved version of t01 (tested with same music player and same song). Much more power and control pushing the soundstage to be much fuller with better dynamics. With all the muscles that m15 have, tonality wise t01 still have the upper hand with a much more sophisticated warmth.

Heard some news about e02, seems like its a balenced version of e01 with line out capability. Paring it with any portable bal amp would definitely be something worthy trying or buying.

Mar 17, 2020 at 3:52 AM Post #3,878 of 8,191
My N6ii is still on its way to the U.K. seller so I have no idea when I’ll receive it. Anyway, I understand that the two stock music apps, HiBy and Cayin Music are fine for locally stored music files, but do they also connect to Qobuz and TIDAL? I don’t think they do but just wanted clarification.

Mar 18, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #3,880 of 8,191
I received my Cayin N6ii earlier today with factory-fitted E01 module and have just set it up:

jxZTPlr.jpg

Some observations:

1. The outer cardboard box of the packaging was on so tight around the main box that I basically had to rip it apart to get to the lovely main box housing the N6ii

2. My 512GB micro-SD card (a SanDisk Ultra 512 GB microSDXC card) works flawlessly

3. The player was straightforward to set up

4. I've got UAPP, TIDAL app and the Qobuz app installed and all work fine (including saving offline files to my micro-SD card)

5. The supplied black leatherette case looks cheap and nasty, but it does the job. I'll be looking at getting a better quality case for my N6ii.

I'm just playing with the various filters at the moment. The default apodizing filter may not produce the best sound but I'll need to listen for many more hours to figure out which filter sounds the best to me. There's a small difference in sound between Class AB and Class A in the E01 module. I think the N6ii needs a fair amount of burn-in before I'll get the final sound quality from it. I'm currently using my RHA T20 IEMs with it but hope to get some headphones that will do the N6ii justice over the next month or so.

Mar 18, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #3,881 of 8,191
Mar 20, 2020 at 5:34 AM Post #3,882 of 8,191
I was wondering if it's worth configuring both Cayin Music and HiBy Music apps on the N6ii as they appear to be pretty much the same. Has anyone noticed better sound or functionality from one over the other?

If I were to just use one of them, how do I clear out all the data from the other one?

Mar 20, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #3,883 of 8,191
After a couple of days of listening to the E01 module with overnight burn-ins in A and AB mode, I've just plugged my brand new A01 module into my N6ii, with no burn-in, and it sounds a lot better to my ears! Plenty more weight to the sound, a lot more space, a wider soundstage, better placing of instruments and a more accurate timbre to the instruments. This is with my RHA T20 IEMs.

I wasn't expecting this!

Mar 20, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #3,885 of 8,191
Were you listening to the A01 from balanced?

No, not yet. I'm listening to the A01 from the 3.5mm single-ended output. It synergises with my T20s so much better than the E01 does. No burn-in on the A01 at all. I'm going to leave the A01 burning in overnight to see if it improves even further tomorrow. So far Ive only done one hour's worth of listening on the A01 and I'm very, very impressed.

The E01 sounded a little flat and lifeless after about 20 hours of burn-in and around 9 hours of listening. Disappointing. However, I do have a a pair of beyerdynamic Xelentos arriving some time next week and the E01 may synergise better with those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back