Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
May 17, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #6,031 of 8,192
MSB, dCS Ring DAC and Totaldac are R-2R based, but they belongs to exotic segment. If you are looking for relatively affordable desktop R-2R DAC, you should also consider Soekris, Pegasus (Denafrips related?) and Holo Audio Spring and May, so there are quite a selection already, but not sure if they are properly represented in your country.

Are we working on a desktop R-2R DAC? sorry we don't discuss future or forthcoming products :ksc75smile:. (I try to find an evil emoticon, but there isn't a lot of choice here.)
I should probably take a look Holo's offerings since I'm apparently at that level.

What, you don't want to upset your marketing and product teams by announcing their work before it's ready?? :scream::sweat_smile:

May 17, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #6,033 of 8,192
I should probably take a look Holo's offerings since I'm apparently at that level.

What, you don't want to upset your marketing and product teams by announcing their work before it's ready?? :scream::sweat_smile:

Well, I am the marketing, therefore I sure don't want to upset the marketing. :ksc75smile:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 17, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #6,034 of 8,192
Would this mean the R01 is NOT recommended to connect to a C9 since we would be double amping?

C9 worth trying, but other portable headphone amplifier is not recommended unless they have Pre-amp input mode like C9.

May 17, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #6,035 of 8,192
Thank you for the headsup.

Maybe I should get the N6ii Titanium at it's current price instead of waiting for a new R2R DAP with tubes.
The price increases on materials and shortages don't seem to end anytime soon.

If it end by 2022, we are very pleased already.

I was not trying to defend the SRP of N6ii-Ti, we are the cheapest discrete R-2R DAP and the only one that support streaming directly. I was just frustrated when we received several price adjustment notice on the same week, and then there is still no delivery date after the price increase, the delays is independent from price increase.

May 17, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #6,036 of 8,192
While we are familiar with the consequence of AKM factory fire, resulted in global shortage of AKM DAC chipset, there is another storm that will affect our hobby seriously and that's global shortage on electronic components. There are significant disruptions with electronic component supply chains, lead-times have been and will continue to extend and price will go up. I am not only referring to the shortage of semiconductors chips, components as basic as resistors and capacitors are also suffering badly (HERE). In the past few weeks, we have received numerous price increase notice from our suppliers, and we are talking about significant increase of 20% - 30% across their complete complete lines. Since the shortage will most likely extend all the way to 2022 (HERE) or beyond, so the situation will probably get worse in the rest of 2021.

What does that mean to N6ii or Cayin DAP in general? We priced our DAP according to the BOM budget back in 2018, and the current BOM cost is quite a big jump from our original budget. Since we didn't increase the price of our DAP, this will cut into the margin of the manufacturer, making it difficult for us to sustain. We can foresee the price of new DAP will increase when compare to our current line-up, and we might need to stop production of current model if the components price continue to increase exponentially. :disappointed_relieved:
I agree, and everything will be a lot harder to obtain, also a lot more expensive for sure

May 18, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #6,038 of 8,192
Hi all, i'm new with this n6ii, i wanna ask why my home button ring won't glow during charging / full charge? am i missing something with the setup here?
What are you using to charge your N6ii with? Are you able to record a short video of the charging process? What charge level is the battery currently at?

More questions: how old is your N6ii? What usage is it getting?

The Home/Back button should glow.

May 18, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #6,039 of 8,192
What are you using to charge your N6ii with? Are you able to record a short video of the charging process? What charge level is the battery currently at?

It should?
Hmm... mine has never glowed, but I have never had it accept fast charging either. And it is only 2 months old.

May 18, 2021 at 11:50 PM Post #6,040 of 8,192

i'm using several charger like LG V20 phone QC 3.0, oppo quick charge, and 5V-2A charger head, swapping cables from the phone original to baseus (4 cables ).
charging position from off & set to on, battery level from 0 to 100% and from somewhere between 40%-80%, latest fw. IMG20210519101540.jpgIMG20210519101512.jpg
i've bought a used n6ii in mint condition.
i don't install other apps other then it came with.

May 19, 2021 at 12:54 AM Post #6,041 of 8,192
If you bought this second hand, better perform factory reset to make sure all software status is in good order.

May 19, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #6,044 of 8,192
done that too, probably i have to factory reset them twice?
There is procedure, that has been provided by Andykong. I have performed this and my problem with too fast battery drain was solved.

Attachments

• ABC0F822-BCEA-4071-B30A-3CB1C6328CFD.jpeg
    ABC0F822-BCEA-4071-B30A-3CB1C6328CFD.jpeg
    265.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 3A63DEA5-38AC-432C-889C-A38BB94599CA.jpeg
    3A63DEA5-38AC-432C-889C-A38BB94599CA.jpeg
    281.3 KB · Views: 0
May 19, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #6,045 of 8,192
done that too, probably i have to factory reset them twice?
Nope, it won't help. You better check with your seller whether the N6ii charging light was like that before he send it to you. If a factory reset didn't resume the breathing light feature, this looks like a hardware problem to me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back