Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Aug 7, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #4,831 of 8,192
Aug 8, 2020 at 1:46 AM Post #4,835 of 8,192
Since I mentioned this before, about @ddHiFi case for N6ii, I finally got one today and just did a quick test and a handful of close ups. Actually, a very cool design where the DAP slides from the side and flip cover tucks in securely, but can also be open to access micro SD card on the side. All the corners are protected, and N6ii won't slide out if you pull on the cable. The cutout at the top is generous enough to accommodate port opening for all the modular boards. HW transport control buttons are covered and easy to feel. Overall, case fits N6ii like a glove, and oil waxed cowhide leather feels nice. And, yes, you can have motherboard card without screws and it will stay in secure.

Oh for a case that flapped over the screen and locked into place with a magnet. I had one from Valentinum for an A&K Kann Cube. Fantastic leather case. But he doesn’t make one for the N6ii

Aug 8, 2020 at 4:15 AM Post #4,836 of 8,192
So last month I ordered a Lotoo PAW S1 dongle and was quite taken with its sound. I then ordered an PAW 6000 thinking it may replace my Cayin. After a while I went back to my n6ii + E01 and found that I much prefer its more punchy, liquid and engaging sound. It really is a magical source for my Solaris SE, even if it hisses just a touch. I'm currently contemplating picking up an E02-- has anyone heard an E02 with Solaris or Andro? Comments? (Also, is there any word on a new board for the n6ii any time soon?)

I use the E02 with my Solaris SE- sounds pretty sublime with no hissing whatsoever. Much better than E01 too.

Aug 12, 2020 at 2:47 AM Post #4,843 of 8,192
Aug 12, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #4,844 of 8,192
Yes my E02 is getting ridiculously hot. To the point where I can’t touch it.
Mine got really hot today. Not quite to the point that I couldn’t touch it, but hot nonetheless.

Aug 13, 2020 at 3:57 AM Post #4,845 of 8,192
For those who are experiencing their E02 module getting very hot, do you have hot weather currently?

I don't have an E02, but I have an E01 and here in London, UK, we've been experiencing a sustained period of very hot weather and I've noticed my E01 getting a lot warmer than normal, but not to the point where I couldn't touch it. Perhaps it's related to ambient temperature too? I know that the datastream (bit depth, sampling rate) that is being decoded has a big impact on the heat generated, as does the volume level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back