Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Feb 25, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #3,736 of 8,192
It's using a rotary encoder to change the volume inside a chip. Rotary encoders, to put it simply, aren't pleasant to use as volume controls, both feel-wise and performance-wise.
It does have one advantage though, it won't be affected by pocket dust. We've all heard a crackly scratchy analogue volume control. I prefer a rotatory encoder volume control for that reason alone.

Feb 28, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #3,738 of 8,192
I've been playing with the N6ii as a desktop DAC via USB, feeding into the RNHP. Pretty damn good!

N6ii + A01 Line-Out are pretty impressive performer too!

Mar 1, 2020 at 12:09 AM Post #3,741 of 8,192
Just want to throw it out there,

In regards to my previous issue and comments with impact/attack of low end and 'kicks' from E01 module have been fixed. I conducted super extended burn in time just for poops and giggles to see if it helped any. No issues now. Soo.. while I don't generally have a stance on burn-in topic, I usually say what the hell does it hurt to just do it anyway. And in this case, to my ears, my previous comments on the impact of the E01 have now been cleared up. Returned to the original sound I had heard from a demo E01. So either the burn in or some other correlation, take it how you will.

Solution found and E01 is quite fabulous! Just better software functionality would have been great but we'd be not picking there, the sound more then makes up for those shortcomings.

Mar 1, 2020 at 6:33 PM Post #3,742 of 8,192
Just want to throw it out there,

In regards to my previous issue and comments with impact/attack of low end and 'kicks' from E01 module have been fixed. I conducted super extended burn in time just for poops and giggles to see if it helped any. No issues now. Soo.. while I don't generally have a stance on burn-in topic, I usually say what the hell does it hurt to just do it anyway. And in this case, to my ears, my previous comments on the impact of the E01 have now been cleared up. Returned to the original sound I had heard from a demo E01. So either the burn in or some other correlation, take it how you will.

Solution found and E01 is quite fabulous! Just better software functionality would have been great but we'd be not picking there, the sound more then makes up for those shortcomings.
How many hours did you burn the E01 for in total?

Mar 1, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #3,743 of 8,192
How many hours did you burn the E01 for in total?

I had run it at least 40/50 by the time I had posted my original comments. And then after that I had just left it for maybe 6 days running, half of it running in A/B mode the other half running in A mode. Since I didn't know if the subjective 'burn in' should be done to each mode, or if you could just be in one mode and both would 'burn in'. Again I figured, what could it harm. So I ran it for awhile in both modes. Total time I couldn't tell you. I just know it was close to a week I just let it run.

Mar 3, 2020 at 8:26 AM Post #3,744 of 8,192
Cayin tested the battery life of the Cayin N6ii E02 and was very satisfied. It can reach up to 9.5 hours in the balanced 4.4PO mode and 20 hours + in the balanced LO mode, which is enough to meet the requirements of most people. Unfortunately, RC pieces soaring costs also frequently out of stock , too painful, hope the successful completion in March trials, production in April and on the market as planned.

51078018.jpg

Mar 3, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #3,745 of 8,192
Cayin tested the battery life of the Cayin N6ii E02 and was very satisfied. It can reach up to 9.5 hours in the balanced 4.4PO mode and 20 hours + in the balanced LO mode, which is enough to meet the requirements of most people. Unfortunately, RC pieces soaring costs also frequently out of stock , too painful, hope the successful completion in March trials, production in April and on the market as planned.

51078018.jpg
**** me.... E02 .. i asked long time ago if this would come... is it the same as E01 just with balance out ?

Mar 3, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #3,746 of 8,192

Is the E02 going to be the same as E01 only 4.4 balanced ?

Edit: lol, cr3ativ3 beat me to the question.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #3,747 of 8,192
**** me.... E02 .. i asked long time ago if this would come... is it the same as E01 just with balance out ?
Yea I was like you can't just release a photo like that acting like we all know about it without providing any more info... Sheesh.

However. From those battery estimates, my guess would likely be no. Same dac (or at least same dac family), but probably completely different amp stage. Just a guess though.

Mar 3, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #3,748 of 8,192
Yea I was like you can't just release a photo like that acting like we all know about it without providing any more info... Sheesh.

However. From those battery estimates, my guess would likely be no. Same dac (or at least same dac family), but probably completely different amp stage. Just a guess though.
more info would be great !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back