Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Dec 20, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #3,091 of 8,192
Dec 20, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #3,092 of 8,192
Please convince me no to buy the N8, Please convince me no to buy the N8, Please convince me no to buy the N8....

Kidding (or not, shouldn’t have demoed it) can’t wait for your impressions!

Buy N8 and n6ii+ E01 and T01 and then decide :darthsmile:

Dec 20, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #3,093 of 8,192
Dec 20, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #3,094 of 8,192
Let me rob a bank and get back to you on that :laughing:

I know I'm not helping, so don't click this link :D And btw, though I already said it before, I think it's a great idea to offer N6ii with either of the DAC/amp cards instead of selling only the default combo, forcing you to upgrade if you want a different module. I mean, upgrade is always an option, but it's good to have a choice to select the default module.

Dec 20, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #3,095 of 8,192
I know I'm not helping, so don't click this link :D And btw, though I already said it before, I think it's a great idea to offer N6ii with either of the DAC/amp cards instead of selling only the default combo, forcing you to upgrade if you want a different module. I mean, upgrade is always an option, but it's good to have a choice to select the default module.

Yes it’s really great that Cayin allows for any bundle with any motherboard, kudos for that!

Actually I was already in contact with Andrew at Musicteck and he kind of hinted this would come :wink:
And I even have a unit set aside but I confess having the N8 demo come at the most unexpected moment as me second guessing...

But thanks for sharing :D

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #3,096 of 8,192
Wow that's really a nice move by Cayin what ibasso and fiio couldn't do.

Dec 20, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #3,097 of 8,192

Holly shhhhh N8 BB 3150!!!
My Goodness.
Thats a really good discount
Ay ay ouyy I am thinking what to do.
Buy or no but?
Aaa

Dec 20, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #3,099 of 8,192
To me N6ii with E01 fit my taste and pocket. Besides N8 is not really portable.

N8 is the mothership !
N6ii the scout to explore lol
Ok ok
The Dreadnought )

Dec 20, 2019 at 6:57 PM Post #3,100 of 8,192
To me N6ii with E01 fit my taste and pocket. Besides N8 is not really portable.

Can’t wait to hear more impressions on E01, I will probably resist temptation and go for this in the end... you can’t be unreasonable all the time :p

Dec 20, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #3,101 of 8,192
Can’t wait to hear more impressions on E01, I will probably resist temptation and go for this in the end... you can’t be unreasonable all the time :p

Yea but N8 with that much of a discount hard to say no

Dec 20, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #3,102 of 8,192
If you consider it to be a sensible purchase in the first place:wink:

To me personally, N6ii is the better product all things considered (size, weight, Android, modularity, price);
-save for the sound quality, I presume!

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #3,103 of 8,192
Let me rob a bank and get back to you on that :laughing:

lede-money-heist-1300x731.jpg

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 20, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #3,104 of 8,192
If you consider it to be a sensible purchase in the first place:wink:

To me personally, N6ii is the better product all things considered (size, weight, Android, modularity, price);
-save for the sound quality, I presume!

I have no idea how you call this, but Chinese market has a special term called "Flagship Runner-up" and that refers to the model immediately below flagship and it carried a lot of technologies or essence of the flagship but in a more practical, less glamours and higher price performance package.

I for one always go for flagship runner up when I was an audiophile trying to explore my hifi hobby with my hard-earned salary (i.e., 20/30 years ago), but when I turn to HeadFi, the ultimates (i.e., the flagships) are more attainable (when compare to HiFi hobby) and I started to change my pattern and start my exploration from the flagship models. So this is a matter of (practicality + price/performance) vs ultimate as a function (under the influence) of attainability, and attainability is personal and vary from time to time.

Now you can tell I am a Mathematician because I always put a simple observation into very complicated Calculus formula. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 20, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #3,105 of 8,192
Now you can tell I am a Mathematician because I always put a simple observation into very complicated Calculus formula. :ksc75smile:

LOL! I am a chemical engineer and have taught Calculus 2 for a local college before. I guess I am too much of a geek. :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back