Cayin N6 - New Audiophile DAP (Updated with new pics)
Dec 26, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #136 of 166

Not sure about the UK my friend. 

Can try ordering from Taobao.com, that's how i got mine. 

Ok thanks- sorry but I may ask... How on earth did you manage that? Is there an English language version of that website? Can it be trusted for international shipping etc? How much was it? Which link on there did you get?

Thanks

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #140 of 166
Can't wait to try this! Specs look great for the price :D

And really, really, really love the silicone amp/dap stack case! This aspect of portable
audio has been tricky. Figuring out how to carry both your DAP + Amp without them 
looking like a DIY bomb, riding on the subway :p...

Jan 14, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #141 of 166
Any place in Canada (besides Amazon) it can be ordered? 

Is there any internal memory besides the 128GB card?  That would be my main consern.

Just checking: not necessarily ready to jump off the FiiO bandwagon.

Jan 14, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #142 of 166
  Any place in Canada (besides Amazon) it can be ordered? 

Is there any internal memory besides the 128GB card?  That would be my main consern.

Just checking: not necessarily ready to jump off the FiiO bandwagon.

Your best bet is to order from Penon: http://penonaudio.com/Cayin-N6

Jan 14, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #145 of 166

Thanks.

Cooler head prevailing, I'll wait for the X7, I think.  128GB internal memory most likely.

With 128GB micro SD cards, shouldn't be a show stopper?  Need to test it with N6, though.  Got so much stuff for review, still digging myself out from underneath of all the headphones I received lol!!!  But so far has been testing everything with N6 which is fantastic with warm/smooth sig IEMs (new T2 hybrids below)

Jan 14, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #146 of 166

With 128GB micro SD cards, shouldn't be a show stopper?  Need to test it with N6, though.  Got so much stuff for review, still digging myself out from underneath of all the headphones I received lol!!!  But so far has been testing everything with N6 which is fantastic with warm/smooth sig IEMs (new T2 hybrids below)

I'm just so used to having 256GB storage.  Spoiled by the X5.  Still, I like the description of the buttons on the N6, it's really tempting to grab one.  There's always hope for a 256msd card to come out.
Look forward to hearing your test results, Twister.

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #148 of 166
Very interested in the N6 as an upgrade to my X5.

Will someone with both N6 and X5 kindly compare the line-out quality of both devices? Does the N6's line-out offer a significant improvement in SQ over the X5's line out? I will be pairing it with my E12DIY.

Thanks in advance!

Jan 15, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #149 of 166
It seems that E1 Audio at Far East has the N6. Perhaps you can audition it yourself to be sure.

Otherwise, I believe twister6 finds the N6 to be more competent than X5, even when the X5 was paired with amp C5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back