Cayin N6 - New Audiophile DAP (Updated with new pics)
Nov 3, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #106 of 166
  Is official pricing known?

Is there a chance for Worlwide, or at least Europe
biggrin.gif
, tour of this DAP?

No, as soon as they , the pricing will be announced here.
I have no idea, so far it seems that they have a dozen test units in China.
@kova4a Does adding the C5 improve the SQ of the c6? If so, in what ways? I hope not, as I'd prefer with these higher end DAPS to have an all in one, instead of a brick. Plus, hiding the beauty of the C6 is kind of disappointing.

You probably meant N6 not C6 and I have no idea as these are not my pics. These are just pics shared by some of the beta testers in China. Still no official ETA and pricing, and still waiting for first impressions.

Nov 4, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #108 of 166
There's another thread started by one of the beta testers here http://www.head-fi.org/t/740557/cayin-n6-dap-twin-pcm-1792-btl-amplication-circuit-24-192-dsd128-sacd-iso#post_11019750

Nov 4, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #109 of 166
  There's another thread started by one of the beta testers here http://www.head-fi.org/t/740557/cayin-n6-dap-twin-pcm-1792-btl-amplication-circuit-24-192-dsd128-sacd-iso#post_11019750

Thanks, but I think our Beta Tester should really join us on this thread. The one @kova4a  has been keeping us posted on for weeks now. 

Nov 5, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #110 of 166
Thanks, but I think our Beta Tester should really join us on this thread. The one @kova4a
  has been keeping us posted on for weeks now. 

+1, that would be the natural thing to do.

Nov 10, 2014 at 5:38 AM Post #112 of 166
Just saw this interesting idea for a silicone cover/amp holder . Seems to be just a prototype but it\s good to see them coming up with innovative solutions

Nov 10, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #113 of 166
  Just saw this interesting idea for a silicone cover/amp holder . Seems to be just a prototype but it\s good to see them coming up with innovative solutions

Indeed a very interesting stack-up idea for N6+C5 or any other portable headphone amp.  At the same time, I was hopping that N6 built-in amp config/tuning will be enough to use in standalone without outside help
biggrin.gif
  But obviously, you can't "package" C5 entire circuit into N6 housing 
wink.gif
  Either way, I think we are getting closer to a final production build.  The latest update I heard from Cayin team they are collecting back beta units and test results from users.  After that last analysis, final production design will be finalized and pricing set.  As I mentioned before, it's wise to take your time in finalizing hardware because you can always release a firmware update but hardware recall back is a major PITA.

Nov 13, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #116 of 166
Thanks, but I think our Beta Tester should really join us on this thread. The one @kova4a
  has been keeping us posted on for weeks now. 

+1, that would be the natural thing to do.

I did considered that seriously, but after I organised my thoughts and what I want to present, I find it difficult to do that without start a new thread. In my design, I want to split the factory information and my own observation into two distinct posts, and given I am a slow writer, I'll never be able to finish the write up promptly if I were to participated in an active/current discussion thread. kova4a has done a marvelous job to keep everyone informed about N6 in past two months, I am sure I won't be able to do that now, or down the road, so lets keep this thread going as-is. I might not be able to respond to this thread promptly as I am not a regular to HeadFi, I am more attached to Chinese-based audio forum/group for obvious reason, with Kova4a doing all the hard work and Thomas chip in occasionally, I am sure all interested party will be well informed on the on-going development of N6.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Nov 13, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #117 of 166
I only know this brand with their tube amp.
Portable machine, this is the first of them?

N6 is their first DAP, but Cayin has started their headfi product line since 2013, they had issues several portable dac/amp in the past, and C5 has been very well-received in past 6 months or so, unfortunately their portable products were originally geared to local (China) market so they didn't put up an English website for their portable gears, but you can check out the photo from their Taobao shop:

http://shop111808888.taobao.com/shop/view_shop.htm?spm=a1z0k.7386009.1997989141.d4915209.Zm7rnN&shop_id=111808888

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Nov 13, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #118 of 166
I did considered that seriously, but after I organised my thoughts and what I want to present, I find it difficult to do that without start a new thread. In my design, I want to split the factory information and my own observation into two distinct posts, and given I am a slow writer, I'll never be able to finish the write up promptly if I were to participated in an active/current discussion thread. kova4a has done a marvelous job to keep everyone informed about N6 in past two months, I am sure I won't be able to do that now, or down the road, so lets keep this thread going as-is. I might not be able to respond to this thread promptly as I am not a regular to HeadFi, I am more attached to Chinese-based audio forum/group for obvious reason, with Kova4a doing all the hard work and Thomas chip in occasionally, I am sure all interested party will be well informed on the on-going development of N6.

Thanks for clarifying, that makes sense to me now.

Nov 19, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #119 of 166
N6 is their first DAP, but Cayin has started their headfi product line since 2013, they had issues several portable dac/amp in the past, and C5 has been very well-received in past 6 months or so, unfortunately their portable products were originally geared to local (China) market so they didn't put up an English website for their portable gears, but you can check out the photo from their Taobao shop:

http://shop111808888.taobao.com/shop/view_shop.htm?spm=a1z0k.7386009.1997989141.d4915209.Zm7rnN&shop_id=111808888

I think that's exactly what is keeping most of these niche players back. No doubt there's some really good products in China now and more to come next year but with a very few exceptions these people have no clue how to market this abroad. Only ones I can think of so far are Fiio and ibasso. but even those have to rely on a very small dealer network and online shops.

If I walk into a big chain electronics store here I can find a few low budget players from philips and just maybe a Sansa player. Going to a high end shop and asking for a good portable player is like asking for a beer in a starbucks.

And yet the big chain stores now have at least a dozen brands of headphones and most of the high end stores will have a selection of Sennheiser, B&W and Beyerdynamic

Nov 19, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #120 of 166

I think that's exactly what is keeping most of these niche players back. No doubt there's some really good products in China now and more to come next year but with a very few exceptions these people have no clue how to market this abroad. Only ones I can think of so far are Fiio and ibasso. but even those have to rely on a very small dealer network and online shops.

If I walk into a big chain electronics store here I can find a few low budget players from philips and just maybe a Sansa player. Going to a high end shop and asking for a good portable player is like asking for a beer in a starbucks.

And yet the big chain stores now have at least a dozen brands of headphones and most of the high end stores will have a selection of Sennheiser, B&W and Beyerdynamic

Well, last week I went to one of the big chain stores for electronics and aside from the usual ipods, clips and other general consumer oriented brands, they also had fiio x1, x3 and x5, which was quite surprising - yeah, the prices as usual were ridiculous even for Europe as X1, for instance, was 150 euro, which is like $200 but still the fact that they carry them at all shows that things are starting to change for the better. At the very least one can try them out before ordering them online at half the price 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back