Cayin N6 - New Audiophile DAP (Updated with new pics)
Jan 30, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #152 of 166
Feb 9, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #157 of 166
I'm not 100% sure, but most probably it won't

Definitely will not.  iPod remote/car interface is like OTG USB (not exactly, but in the same vein).  N6 is just a source that outputs audio, you can't control it remotely.

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #158 of 166
thanks

I would be happy if you could just fire it up in shuffle or by artist album and put it back in the glove box

usb out to head unit

contemplating Cayin N6 now, FiiO X5 or waiting for FiiO X7
sounds like the X& will have too many extraneous features and not enough usable space

how does the usb attached space work on the Cayin?

I don't know why manufacturers don't go with 2 terra byte drives
whoever made a good unit that did this would kill it in the high rez DAP department

Feb 13, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #160 of 166
I just bought a Cayin N6 from ProStudio Sound via Amazon

It just arrived quickly and nicely packed to my office

Wow, what a beautiful piece

I'm a two channel audiophile guy but utilize ipods (own three to be able to carry a bunch of music)
I plan to use it in my car audio (but no touch screen interface) and I have BrainWavz S5 and Sennheiser HD600s to play with

I have all my files in iTunes via Apple Lossless

I also recently bought a Bluesound Vault

it rips in lossless flac and mp3

It also plays WAV, AIFF, AAC, WMA, MP3, and other standard audio formats with gapless playback.

what format are sacd, dvd-a and Blu-ray audio in?  It doesn't look like the Vault will import them

My Apple I-Mac has a cd/dvd drive  - I am not sure if I can use that and if I need another file format than ITunes

I also have an Audio Research CD9 which has a world class tube dac section and will handle up to 192 from an external source
so having my high res stuff in a managable media library that I can download to various devises would be ideal

The Vault stores 1 terabyte and links to hard drives, etc

I also have an OPPO 105  - can I hook that up to the network and perhaps burn or port across the high rez files that way?

sorry for my ignorance

is it doable or do I have to buy high rez in digital format?

As for the Cayin

I'll write a review once I get some music loaded

After the Sony $1,000 walkman story, I started shopping a number of DAPs (FiiO, Astell, Etc.) and the positive reviews here led me to Cayin. I would have never discovered them without the great insight here

Thank you

Tom

Jan 15, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #163 of 166
I have the Cayin N5 but the N6 just does not sit right, it has a round panel with a square screen in the middle it seems like wasted space.  If it was a full circle screen that would be awesome but just seems like empty design space. 

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #165 of 166
Im about to buy a 256 GB micro sd card for my N6 , but then thought i best ask 1st

The specs say only up to 128 GB micro sd, but another site said 200 GB , but i remember a few years ago when i bought my N6 i read on here ?/somewhere much larger cards were being or could be used

Can i please ask where the micro SD card support will max out on this ?

My card will be this , if i buy it that is

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/sandisk-ultra-256gb-100mb-s-microsdxc-uhs-1-memory-
card/11797074.aspx?

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back