Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792 / Dual Mono / 24-192 / DSD128 / SACD ISO
May 20, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #1,007 of 1,977
  Hello Everyone,

This is the official account of Cayin and we are glad to meet you here.

We are glad to see that you enjoyed our N6 music player and have discussions over here about the performance and what we shall do better in future. We are really appreciated for that. We also see that you have a discussion with Thomas Lbyy from our Company. If future if you have any questions or suggestions to us you can also PM me or send emails to my email address sales01@cayin.cn. 

Thanks very much to you all.  

Best regards,

Cayin Team

Welcome @Cayin! Nice to have you here.

May 20, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #1,009 of 1,977
Hi hellfire8888, sorry to inform you that we have no such a plan to include the USB-OTG which can play music from the hard disk. It is because that doing so it needs a much stronger compatibility. It will have a effect on the stability of the system and do not do good to your current enjoyment on our current platform of N6.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 20, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #1,010 of 1,977
  Hi Cayin Team

Would it be possible to include the feature of USB-OTG so i can play music from a usb thumbdrive or hdd?

Thanks

Hi hellfire8888, sorry to inform you that we have no such a plan to include the USB-OTG which can play music from the hard disk. It is because that doing so it needs a much stronger compatibility. It will have a effect on the stability of the system and do not do good to your current enjoyment on our current platform of N6. 

thanks for your suggestions.

Cayin Team

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 23, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #1,013 of 1,977
May 23, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #1,014 of 1,977

Nice one, peareye. My review is almost done, but I've put it on hold as I'm getting a second kick at the can listening to it at the Calgary Head-Fi meet next weekend. Should have it up soon after.

Thanks for the compliment....you should try it with a few different 'phones ...it didn't seem to get along as well with the Heaven V as the Denon D5000 - that's for sure...

but when it clicked...oh my god...

It was a much nicer sound after it warmed up...

Would have joined you guys if I was out there visiting my daughter who lives in the North End of Calgary.

May 23, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #1,015 of 1,977
  Thanks for the compliment....you should try it with a few different 'phones ...it didn't seem to get along as well with the Heaven V as the Denon D5000 - that's for sure...

but when it clicked...oh my god...

It was a much nicer sound after it warmed up...

Would have joined you guys if I was out there visiting my daughter who lives in the North End of Calgary.

Too bad you can't make it... not too late to arrange a trip though. Have you looked at the gear list?

Yeah, first time I had the N6 I tried it with Havi B3 Pro 1, K7XX and Alton 350. This time around I'll be able to try it with the recently picked up ATH R70X and MSR7, Altone 200, Brainwavs HM5 and a few other pieces. Hoping I can also test with the Oppo PM-3 which should arrive for review this week.

May 23, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #1,016 of 1,977
We are off the Europe for 6 weeks shortly anyway...love those Greeks islands.

I was so curious as to how the N6 would sound with the PM3...now I am listening to the PM3 through the original X3 (havent sold it yet)...

and although it sounds good, it does not compare to the N6 and Denon D5000 together...

Can't wait to hear your impressions of the PM3 with this.

May 23, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #1,017 of 1,977
We are off the Europe for 6 weeks shortly anyway...love those Greeks islands.

I was so curious as to how the N6 would sound with the PM3...now I am listening to the PM3 through the original X3 (havent sold it yet)...

and although it sounds good, it does not compare to the N6 and Denon D5000 together...

Can't wait to hear your impressions of the PM3 with this.

I tried the pm3 briefly with the n6 and while there was tons of headroom volume wise I thought it sounded a bit thin and bright.
And I love the n6.
But for me the combination was a miss.

That being said it would make a nice compliment to my setup. It was very detailed and airy. Just not what I expected from a planar after my experience with Mr speakers and audeze cans.

May 23, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #1,018 of 1,977
My gut tells me I would have the same outcome with the PM3...close but a winner together....I am waiting the arrival of a new Denon woody (sort of),the MM400

which should go very nicely with the N6. It really does seem that N6 works well with something on the warm side of neutral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back