Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792 / Dual Mono / 24-192 / DSD128 / SACD ISO
Nov 23, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #1,563 of 1,977
I just recently got the n6 love the sound but let me ask you guys is it OK to listen in high gain, most of my headphones are low impedence but I just prefer the sound a lot more in high gain gives the sound some heft you know . Now I won't be damaging my headphones if I listen on high gain but the volume real low like on 20 will i

Nov 24, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #1,565 of 1,977
Hey question I just got the n6 and haven't upgraded the firmware yet just wanted to check out the first firmware first. But it seems on some songs it will play halfway then skip to the next song just regular 16bit/44.1khz did you guys have the same problem and is this problem still exists in the upgraded firmware?????

Nov 24, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #1,566 of 1,977
Hey question I just got the n6 and haven't upgraded the firmware yet just wanted to check out the first firmware first. But it seems on some songs it will play halfway then skip to the next song just regular 16bit/44.1khz did you guys have the same problem and is this problem still exists in the upgraded firmware?????

Please upgrade the firmware, the ccurrent version is V3.1.

The problem you encountered is likely caused by incomplete support file format, I guess you are using a TF card in exFAT format. If this is the case, Cayin has optimized N6 support on exFAT already, update the firmware of your N6 should solve the problem.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Nov 25, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #1,567 of 1,977
Just tried to update the firmware about 3 times still saying file not support.i downloaded it unzip it and put just the one file on my SD card. I did that then I pressed the power and the up button together and I am still getting file not support. Am I doing something wrong why won't the n6 read the file? ??

Nov 25, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #1,568 of 1,977
Just tried to update the firmware about 3 times still saying file not support.i downloaded it unzip it and put just the one file on my SD card. I did that then I pressed the power and the up button together and I am still getting file not support. Am I doing something wrong why won't the n6 read the file? ??

Your card has to be formated in fat32.

Nov 25, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #1,572 of 1,977
Will I lose all of my data???

You are reformatting the card, everything will get wiped out.  Back up your songs first, and then reformat.

Nov 25, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #1,573 of 1,977
Do you have TF card at smaller capacity? Anything below 32GB should be FAT32 formatted by default, your old smart phone probably will have one inside, with that you don't need to format the card and you are in business right away.

The system that N6 built upon is using FAT32 file system as default, Cayin developed the extra coding required to support exFAT, but when you perform firmware upgrade, the machine will offload all post developed codes and fall back to native system operation, hence can only perform under FAT32 file system. This is kind of inconvenient, but nothing much we can do to get away.

Nov 26, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #1,575 of 1,977
Now which micro SD cards would you guys suggest to get that is already formatted as fat32 and that is 128gb.

I believe all MicroSD card from 64GB onward will be Pre-formatted as exFAT, if you 2ant to minimise card formatting problem, I suggest you get whichever 128 GB card as you wish, and buy a small capacity microSD card, say 4GB or 8GB for future firmware upgrade purpose. N6 support exFAT alright, the only feature that require a FAT32 card is firmware upgrade and you can cover that at very low cost by getting a small capacity card for that purpose solely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back