Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Jan 25, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #1,141 of 4,108
Then I'd recommend him trying the iBasso IT01. Only $99, and absolutely knocks my socks off. Also scales well with better gear.

Go full Falcon-C

I was going to recommend both of those IEMs.

Out of the two, IT-01 really kicks it when it comes to being natural, and airy, while Falcon-C is more happy in the treble. Both are sweet IEMs.

Jan 26, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #1,142 of 4,108
Hi,sorry for the trouble caused! I will PM you to get the serial number and arrange our distributor to contact you to do the warranty .

Thanks!

Have replied to your PM with the serial number.

Really annoyingly the player is now somehow stuck in Balanced mode. Is there a way I can bypass this so I can at least use it from the 3.5mm?

Jan 26, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #1,143 of 4,108
Thanks!

Have replied to your PM with the serial number.

Really annoyingly the player is now somehow stuck in Balanced mode. Is there a way I can bypass this so I can at least use it from the 3.5mm?

I assume you de-activated audio-priority mode which forces balanced output on? (swipe down notification bar just to be sure).

Jan 26, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #1,144 of 4,108
I assume you de-activated audio-priority mode which forces balanced output on? (swipe down notification bar just to be sure).

I have yeah, it is stuck in Balanced mode somehow (indicated by the BAL symbol in the status bar and the fact no sound comes out the 3.5mm) and toggling Audio priority mode on/off or plugging the 3.5mm jack in do not bypass this.

I have heard back from Advanced MP3 now and am returning the unit tomorrow for a replacement. Fingers crossed I am not without it for long. In the meantime I can have a trip down memory lane and use the N5 mk1 for a while, its a good thing I never got around to selling it.

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #1,145 of 4,108
Hi All,

Just wanted to chime in to let everyone know that I've now had my n5ii for about a week now. Probably has only about 20 hours on it. I've been using it with the Audeze EL-8 Titanium via 3.5mm connector. It sounds great with Mid gain on the HPA. So, today, got a set of the EL-8 connectors from MoonAudio. Made myself a balance cable, 2.5mm, and man, granted I am using 26awg of silver plated copper in teflon, but WOW! really love he sound in balance out with the EL-8.

Loving my EL-8 and n5ii combo!

Not so happy with the EL-8 connectors I got from MoonAudio. The plastic housing is so cheap that when I was using a heat blower on the heat shrink, the plastic housing shrunk too!

More to come...as I plan to try the HD800 once the connectors get here. :)

Thanks for all the comments and feedback on the forum. I was thinking an Astell and Kern. Luckily I found this thread as i saved a bunch and loving the sound!

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #1,146 of 4,108
1517018655669791032816.jpg
1517018698249604860121.jpg

Jan 27, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #1,149 of 4,108
Maybe I should wait for it04 impressions then.
Pick up the IT01s and enjoy some musical bliss while you wait for the IT04s. Then you can re terminate one of their cables to 2.5mm balanced. You shouldn't miss the awesomeness of the IT01s and their amazing cable is worth the price of admition.

Re-terminating is dangerous business if you're not certain to keep the headphone. When in doubt, get a headphone/iem with removable cables. It's not a good idea to modify a head unless you plan on keeping it.

I fall in and out of love with gear on a monthly basis. I'm sure others do as well.

Jan 27, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #1,150 of 4,108
Re-terminating is dangerous business if you're not certain to keep the headphone. When in doubt, get a headphone/iem with removable cables. It's not a good idea to modify a head unless you plan on keeping it.

I fall in and out of love with gear on a monthly basis. I'm sure others do as well.
The IT01s and IT04s were speaking of are removable mmcx and being in the thread for the N5ii I know he would want a balanced with the IT04s cable anyway so........

Jan 27, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #1,151 of 4,108
The IT01s and IT04s were speaking of are removable mmcx and being in the thread for the N5ii I know he would want a balanced with the IT04s cable anyway so........

The term "re-terminating" usually implies a permanent modification of the cable. A cable swap is a very different thing. It sounds like a simple misunderstanding.

Jan 27, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #1,152 of 4,108
The term "re-terminating" usually implies a permanent modification of the cable. A cable swap is a very different thing. It sounds like a simple misunderstanding.
Oh sorry for the confusion I meant replacing the 3.5mm TRS plug with a 2.5mm TRRS. Then he would have both cables to use with the IT04s when they come out but would enjoy the very musical and affordable IT01s until then since the IT04s are supposed to be in limited supply when they come out because of their custom wood shells.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #1,153 of 4,108
Oh sorry for the confusion I meant replacing the 3.5mm TRS plug with a 2.5mm TRRS. Then he would have both cables to use with the IT04s when they come out but would enjoy the very musical and affordable IT01s until then since the IT04s are supposed to be in limited supply when they come out because of their custom wood shells.

It's all good. I liked the IT03. I'll have to look into the IT04.

Jan 28, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #1,155 of 4,108
I was trying to organize the contents of my SD card and I encountered something weird... when the n5 is connected to Win10 there are some directories missing from my SD1. its there on the n5 though. popped it out and plugged it to a card reader then windows was suddenly able to recognize it. missing directories were the first few and the last few when sorted in alphabetical order.

did resets on the n5. tried "repairing" the SD card on windows. still the same. music can be played. n5 detects it in directories. windows cannot in MTP mode. windows can detect it when mounted on a card reader.

might be a bug worth noting. SD card is a 64 gig with around 1.2 free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back