Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Jan 23, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #1,112 of 4,108
Andy, very informative and helpful from you and your team as usual!

I am curious to know if the N5ii has a digital DC servo?

Also any idea when will it be available in the UK?

They are available from Advanced MP3 Players. Bought mine from there last week with a 12% off code making it very good value for money

Jan 23, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #1,113 of 4,108
They are available from Advanced MP3 Players. Bought mine from there last week with a 12% off code making it very good value for money

Thanks, I just checked but they are now out of stock.

Any more comparisons with the N5 would be helpful?

Also any comparisons with the Hidizs AP200 would be great?

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #1,115 of 4,108
So how do I set up the private cloud? I'd like to be able to stream files from my computer.

Your N5ii need to connect on the wifi which your PC has been connected first. Then go ahead to private cloud->LAN-> find your PC server then input its username and password ->enjoy your music from PC.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 23, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #1,117 of 4,108
This sounds like a very nice Dap, and I'm definitely intrigued. Who has compared it to the Fiio X7ii? I like the X7ii, but it's a little thin and a bit bright for a lot of of the metal and hip hop I listen to. I do think it's better than the X5iii in some respects, however.

Does the N5ii sound less Sabre-y? That seemed to be the case based on the Headfonia review. I

Thanks!

Jan 24, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #1,118 of 4,108
This sounds like a very nice Dap, and I'm definitely intrigued. Who has compared it to the Fiio X7ii? I like the X7ii, but it's a little thin and a bit bright for a lot of of the metal and hip hop I listen to. I do think it's better than the X5iii in some respects, however.

Does the N5ii sound less Sabre-y? That seemed to be the case based on the Headfonia review. I

Thanks!

n5II definitely doesn't sound thin, notes have decent body, and the treble extends without being shrill or fatiguing. I don't know about saber-y, current saber implementations sound pretty varied compared to last gen. All I can say for n5II it sounds neutral-natural

Jan 24, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #1,119 of 4,108
Many Thanks!!!!
So HBC3000 is the audio receiver, I'm I right ?

You can consider the HBC3000 as a (PLD) programmable logic device, this is where the firmware executed.

Jan 24, 2018 at 2:22 AM Post #1,120 of 4,108

Thanks!

If I can remember well, I did.

Jan 24, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #1,121 of 4,108
So after living with the N5ii for a almost 2 weeks, I’ve come up with a “WISH LIST” of suggestions that I feel would improve the user’s overall experience.
Now, most of these are *just* little niceties to enhance the U.I. I certainly understand Cayin’s engineers are working to resolve other more important issues in future FW releases,
but IMO these would make using the player more pleasant.

So here they are:

1. Add adjustment in MENU to increase font size, especially in lists/menus

2. “HOME” button wakes the player up (let it function like the ON/OFF while music is playing)

3. Jogging the ”VOLUME” wheel pops up the on-screen volume control graphics/lock screen

4. “QUICK SEARCH” in ALBUM view does not seem to work as it does in ARTIST view, etc. (Alphabet letters appear, but ALBUMS do not follow/jump to the letters as they appear) Fix

5. In FOLDERS view, allow user to close/back out of menu in SAME order(but reversed) as going in. Currently if user has navigated through several layers and hits BACK the player returns immediately to HOME. It would be appreciated to just back up just ONE level per press of BACK.

6. Allow user to remove/turn off LYRIC page (or switch order with VU METER page)

7. Add other background colors/styles or themes/layouts for player's screens

8. When playing music in ALBUM view, have music STOP when album is finished, not start NEXT ALBUM automatically (even with PLAY THROUGH FOLDER not selected)

Jan 25, 2018 at 12:12 AM Post #1,122 of 4,108

Jan 25, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #1,123 of 4,108
So after living with the N5ii for a almost 2 weeks, I’ve come up with a “WISH LIST” of suggestions that I feel would improve the user’s overall experience.
Now, most of these are *just* little niceties to enhance the U.I. I certainly understand Cayin’s engineers are working to resolve other more important issues in future FW releases,
but IMO these would make using the player more pleasant.

So here they are:

1. Add adjustment in MENU to increase font size, especially in lists/menus

2. “HOME” button wakes the player up (let it function like the ON/OFF while music is playing)

3. Jogging the ”VOLUME” wheel pops up the on-screen volume control graphics/lock screen

4. “QUICK SEARCH” in ALBUM view does not seem to work as it does in ARTIST view, etc. (Alphabet letters appear, but ALBUMS do not follow/jump to the letters as they appear) Fix

5. In FOLDERS view, allow user to close/back out of menu in SAME order(but reversed) as going in. Currently if user has navigated through several layers and hits BACK the player returns immediately to HOME. It would be appreciated to just back up just ONE level per press of BACK.

6. Allow user to remove/turn off LYRIC page (or switch order with VU METER page)

7. Add other background colors/styles or themes/layouts for player's screens

8. When playing music in ALBUM view, have music STOP when album is finished, not start NEXT ALBUM automatically (even with PLAY THROUGH FOLDER not selected)

Appreciate for your kind feedback and I just confirmed with our engineers regarding your suggestions:
For point 1, we will consider it but we haven't made a decision. And we cannot make sure 100% we will add it to the new firmware finally.
For point 2.3.5.6.7, sorry that we decide not to do any change currently.
For point 8, actually, it is pretty normal. We have discussed it before: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cay...tal-audio-player.862763/page-72#post-13991302

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back