Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Jan 22, 2018 at 3:04 AM Post #1,081 of 4,108
Hi,
It happen only when i leave sleep mode (when i press the button to turn the screen on and change song). My songs are in a SD card Toshiba class 10 - 128gb (perfectly works with my Cayin N3). It's not with a third app. The song are in flac format but it's happen a lot with dsf format.
If you need more information or screen, tell me.
Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the information! But I just tried DSF and FLAC files with my two N5ii, they worked perfectly on my side. I am unsure what I was doing wrong before. Could you please send me your music files to communicate@cayin.cn so that I can test it personally? Besides, you can reset your N5ii and try again to see what happens.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 22, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #1,082 of 4,108
Hi, you plug the headphone to 3.5mm port or 2.5mm port? I guess you may plug into 3.5mm port and your description may be inverse. :grin: As the below picture illlustrates, N5ii ONLY shared line out with 3.5mm port, so its volume can be changed even you select LO with headphone plugging in 2.5mm balance port. Only 3.5mm port has PO and LO two modes. And under LO mode of 3.5mm port, the volume CANNOT be changed and will went lower for it has 10kΩ impendance matched. And this feature is suggested to apply to desktop audio equipment. If you switch to PO mode of 3.5mm port, you should can change the volume.
Its the other way round! I cant change the volume on PO in 3.5 port. But i can on LO?
The volume goes quiet on PO and cannot change

Jan 22, 2018 at 4:41 AM Post #1,083 of 4,108
As one of the user has mentioned, the forum has suddenly turned into a technical support forum for N5ii. This is a user sharing forum, so users sharing their experience and mix-and-match with different IEMs are suppose to be the way to go, but there are a lot of posts addressed to Andykong or Cayinsupport directly. We are trying our best to provide the necessary support, but this is not the reason why we are here. I sincerely apology to all subscriber on the N5ii thread for all the inconvenient caused.

Cayin sells our products through an international dealer network, so the first point of contact for technical support should be your local dealer. If Sylvia (Cayin support) and Andy takes up the global customers completely like what we did in past few days, we'll become the bottleneck of Cayin and our system will collapse very soon. So please stop doing that in the thread directly, please contact your dealer first, they are supposed to be the frontline of customer support. To be honest, we simply can't cope with the current practice anymore.

On the other hand, we promised to READ all posts and we'll not hide behind keyboards. Whenever there is a problem that we can help, we'll not hesitate to come forth. If you have anything that need our personal attention, please use PM. Sylvia (Cayinsupport) probably is the better starting point because I'll be traveling a lot from February onward.

I can address two issues collectively right now:

(1) Dual TF cards access problem: yes, we have replicated the problem, finally, and we are checking the root cause right now. We have tested the dual card usage during the beta test, but we didn't encounter any problem because our test library is not "large" enough. After received the numerous feedback from different users, we believe it is a data bus overload issue. We might not be able to eliminate the overloading problem completely as that is a hardware limitation, but we should be able to stop the system from crashing during the adverse situation. Give us sometime and we'll get back to the N5ii users ASAP.

(2) Offline Storage Location for Tidal: For the record, Spotify can allow to select TF card as offline storage location when operates at N5ii but Tidal can't. Cayin has released all the necessary access right to third party applications including read/write access to TF cards, otherwise Spotify wouldn't be able to do that. We have no idea why Tidal didn't register the TF card and takes the internal memory as the only available storage for offline music. I have email our contact at Tidal regarding this issue on 16th January and we are waiting for their clarification. We shall find out the setting to enable Tidal's recognition of alternative storage, and then decided whether that should be a Tidal update or our firmware adjustment. Please don't expect this can be solve quickly because based on our previous experience, communication with Tidal will take some time. They are very helpful once I get in touch with the right person, but they can be a bit slow in dealing with support questions.

Let's hope we can move on quickly and resume the forum to normal ASAP. Contact your dealer if you could, and PM us if you need our personal attention.

Jan 22, 2018 at 4:56 AM Post #1,084 of 4,108
I'm appreciative of the responsiveness of @Andykong and @CayinSupport, wether to provide support on this forum or not, is upto you guys (Cayin),

This is a place to discuss the pros, the cons, and our experiences with this DAP. (Not just how it sounds on different IEMs). Just so happens there are a lot of issues cropping up,
and mentioning them in this thread is informative to prospective customers and would help them to make a purchase decision or pool their experiences and resolve issues.

So I would encourage fellow head-fi folk having or interested in this DAPs to keep posting issues, questions.... If cayin support has bandwidth they can engage, else the other members
will help if they can.

Jan 22, 2018 at 5:07 AM Post #1,085 of 4,108
I'm appreciative of the responsiveness of @Andykong and @CayinSupport, wether to provide support on this forum or not, is upto you guys (Cayin),

This is a place to discuss the pros, the cons, and our experiences with this DAP. (Not just how it sounds on different IEMs). Just so happens there are a lot of issues cropping up,
and mentioning them in this thread is informative to prospective customers and would help them to make a purchase decision or pool their experiences and resolve issues.

So I would encourage fellow head-fi folk having or interested in this DAPs to keep posting issues, questions.... If cayin support has bandwidth they can engage, else the other members
will help if they can.

As I have mentioned in my previous post, local dealers are supposed to play a major role in customer support, please do not bypass this part of the system, we shall become adversely inefficient if we left them out of the picture.

Last edited:

Jan 22, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #1,086 of 4,108
As I have mentioned in my previous post, local dealers are supposed to play a major role in customer support, please do not bypass this part of the system, we shall become adversely inefficient if we left them out of the picture.

Agreed :thumbsup:

Jan 22, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #1,087 of 4,108
X2

Local dealers are dealers and thats it. Their response will be that your querry has been past to support. Forum is a Forum where you can share your experience good or bad.
Most of it can be done reading more about certain things. I find reviews of products great but when it comes to the sound DAP, IEMs etc ears vary and we have to relay on ourselves.

Jan 22, 2018 at 7:18 AM Post #1,088 of 4,108
Hi, you have to turn on "play through folder" to enable that function you referred above from FOLDER from the TF card. For album,artist and genre, it is a feature coming with song, which is scanned by N5ii, so it is not controlled by the rule "play through folder". The play mode like Order, Shuffle, Single repetition, All cycle only function in the playlist below. But when from ALBUM tag, under order mode, N5ii finishs playing the last song in an ablum like All my tomorrows below,it will jump to the first song like My heart will go on in next ablum which does not locate in the playlist. It is indeed a problem. And we are testing it now then will fix it in the next firmware. Thank you for your information!

D:\我的文档\Tencent Files\651807524\Image\C2C\]X1MK)]]_GM@X4Y`}VX95[X.jpg

D:\我的文档\Tencent Files\651807524\Image\C2C\]X1MK)]]_GM@X4Y`}VX95[X.jpg

Thanks for your attention to this matter, Cayin Support!

Jan 22, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #1,089 of 4,108
Hi, can anybody recommend what budget iem has a good match up with N5ii. My budget is US$50 below. I'm thinking of buying the KZ zs6, my current phone is Sennheiser HD598 which I find it somewhat boring. Can someone give some suggestion? I like a much livelier phone than Hd598 and at the same time not so fatiguing to the ears.

Jan 22, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #1,090 of 4,108
Hi, can anybody recommend what budget iem has a good match up with N5ii. My budget is US$50 below. I'm thinking of buying the KZ zs6, my current phone is Sennheiser HD598 which I find it somewhat boring. Can someone give some suggestion? I like a much livelier phone than Hd598 and at the same time not so fatiguing to the ears.
Hifiman re400, great price/performance ratio, right now on Amazon at $49, they match well with any good DAP

Jan 22, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #1,093 of 4,108
Sorry for the trouble caused! You could kindly contact your retailers to do the replacement. I will give both of your kind feedback to our senior engineers and factory then take effective measures on the following products.
No problem. I already did that and went ahead and ordered another one. Thanks and I'm really enjoying this little thing. I actually had a creative zen micro for the longest time so this is my first high end DAP since that one.

Cheers

Spiro

Jan 22, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #1,094 of 4,108
@Andykong, @CayinSupport did your developers find out the root cause behind the noise on the usb output?
Are you likely to solve this issue in the firmware update which is planned in February? Is it due to a critical hardware issue or a bug that can be solved by software update?

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #1,095 of 4,108
Thanks very much, any other suggestion because I think there's no official Hifiman dealers in the country where I lived and if there's seller, they'll be selling it at a very high price compared to Amazon.
Try also on hifishark.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back