Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Jan 15, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #963 of 4,108
So I went to install the USB driver from Cayin, and both Chrome and Firefox think the file has malware.

Any thoughts on this from the team?

I would not worry about that. Firmware installers behave in many of the same ways rootkits do. They both make alterations to the core software. It does not surprise me some anti-viruses would confuse them.

Jan 15, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #965 of 4,108
Don't know if it'd be an issue for you, but the R6 only has a single micro sd slot too.

I do like the dual slot design on the N5II. On paper the R6 is hot stuff, but I am pretty pleased with the N5II.

I wonder how FIIO, Shanling, and Cayin feel about their vendor of firmware/software also being a competitor?

Jan 15, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #967 of 4,108
Both Firefox and Chrome refuse to download those files. Any other options? Dropbox perhaps?

Use Firefox or Chrome. But turn off your anti-virus first.

Jan 15, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #969 of 4,108
I don't think you need to extract the zip. Maybe I'm getting that confused with other DAPs. But I think you just copy the Zip file to the DAP (internal storage works best), and the update system will do all the work.

Jan 15, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #972 of 4,108
Hi,
I solved the problem. When I want to copy files from Windows to its internal storage, Windows OS prompts a warning message asking "Are you sure you want to copy this file without its properties?".
Then I clicked OK and continued copying all the files. When it is over, I waited a little bit and pulled the usb cable. Then, scanned the folder and it couldn't find any track. After several tries, I noticed that it works only when I safely removed the device by clicking "eject drive"..

It works on Windows10 and MacOs as expected when it is removed in a safe way. The properties that are not copied by windows are some internal attributes related with NTFS file system that are not available in FAT32 and FAT16 which are not related with music metdata. Currently, there is only USB noise problem that I noticed. I can use N5ii as a transport by connecting it to IFI Black but I hear the noise which is known and said to be fixed on the next firmware update. Other than that, when I try to switch back and forth the connection from IFI to its "Phones out" several times to test some part of the songs on each device, sometimes it crashed and I need to reboot the device , but it seldom happens and it is not disturbing.

Just google the error you provided, as you said, the reason why some properties of some files can’t be copied or moved from an NTFS drive to a FAT drive is the fact that the NTFS file system is capable of storing some properties (such as properties pertaining to ADS and file encryption information) that drives formatted with the FAT file system simply can’t store.
But I don't have IFI Black device and cannot test it personally, I would like to know if other users have the same situation?

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 16, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #973 of 4,108
Thanks for the replies guys

@PinkyPowers exactly. Maybe by the time I'm ready, a few used n5ii's will be available. So guys, take good care of yours k? Cause...you know.

@Devodonaldson I've read about the r6, but it's a bit too much for my budget. But I'll read up more about it.

@nmatheis thanks for the reply. My phone was lost as well so I'm using a cheap $5 feature phone now til I can save up for a better one. I'll think about your suggestion though. Either I save up for a nice phone and dac, or a mid-range phone and a nice dap. I want to avoid having to use an amp though cause of the added bulk. However, given my situation now, it might be an option.

@jeffhawke I'll look into the opus#11. If I go the smartphone route, it may be an option as well. I'll take your advice re: Andy. It might be cheaper.

@Andykong hi Andy, if there's a demo unit available, as per Jeff, is it possible I can purchase one? How much do used demo units go? It might be quicker (and less stress on the wallet) to save up for one

Sorry for your know about your unfortunate experience, the most important things is your personal safety, there will be better DAP down the road soon, but our personal well being is not replaceable.

I take cares of Shows and Events, and in the next few months, I'll be going to CanJam New York in Feb, Canjam Singapore in March, Axpona (Chicago) in April, and Munich in May. I'll have show demo available at discount at the end of each show, but I can't afford the time to send them out to other location as I normally left the place immediately the next morning. If you (or anyone in this thread) will attend any of these event, I can definitely sell the demo to you at discount. Unfortunately I have no idea on the availability of shop demos at various country, they normally sell the demo when they run out of stock but expecting new stock will be arriving soon, so it can hardly be a schedule transaction

Jan 16, 2018 at 2:48 AM Post #974 of 4,108
Sorry for your know about your unfortunate experience, the most important things is your personal safety, there will be better DAP down the road soon, but our personal well being is not replaceable.

I take cares of Shows and Events, and in the next few months, I'll be going to CanJam New York in Feb, Canjam Singapore in March, Axpona (Chicago) in April, and Munich in May. I'll have show demo available at discount at the end of each show, but I can't afford the time to send them out to other location as I normally left the place immediately the next morning. If you (or anyone in this thread) will attend any of these event, I can definitely sell the demo to you at discount. Unfortunately I have no idea on the availability of shop demos at various country, they normally sell the demo when they run out of stock but expecting new stock will be arriving soon, so it can hardly be a schedule transaction

Thanks @Andykong . Yep, I'm safe and that's what's important. :)

As for the events, unfortunately I live in the Philippines and I won't be able to attend any of those shows. It's ok. No worries :) There may be others who might need it more than I do. I still have my computer to listen to music anyway :)

Jan 16, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #975 of 4,108
1516083258150945.png

Cayin has announced the new V4.35 USB Audio Driver today:

http://en.cayin.cn/download/show?id=13528

Please be reminded that V4.35 USB Audio Driver is developed to resolve the incompatibility with latest Windows 10 installations. If you are using Cayin USB Driver V3.30 and your DAP are working correctly, there is no need to upgrade your USB Audio Driver to v4.35.

New comers can go for V4.35 directly.

We have provide two download options, you can download the driver from our web server or you can use the Google Drive download link.

We have provided detail instruction to install the USB Driver already. We went through the MS authentication in V3.30, and this has passed along to V4.35, so theoretically you don't need to worry about the Driver Signature Enforcement. Unfortunately, MS has changed their USB Audio Class 2.0 support since Windows 10 v1607, so our previous authentication cannot be extend to any Windows 10 v1607 and thereafter. We think this is unacceptable to ask us to repeat the costly authentication process because the big boss has changed their service upfront, and we are uncomfortable that the big Boss might change their service AGAIN later, so we decided to skip the process for the moment and take a wait and see position right now. We apology to Windows 10 v1607 and 1703 users for all the inconvenient caused, you might need to work your way round the Driver Signature Enforcement of your Window installation before you can install the V4.35 USB Audio Drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back