Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Jan 8, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #796 of 4,108
Just received my 3rd N5ii from Musicteck. They ran some tests before shipped it to me by me and Andy request.
They installed the latest FW. Battery looks fine. Tital Hifi works better now. So far so good. Btw love the new fw.

20180108_152411.jpg

Jan 8, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #799 of 4,108
Just received my 3rd N5ii from Musicteck. They ran some tests before shipped it to me by me and Andy request.
They installed the latest FW. Battery looks fine. Tital Hifi works better now. So far so good. Btw love the new fw.

Good luck, man! That's a great pair up, btw :wink:

Jan 9, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #801 of 4,108
Yes, DSD plays fine through headphone jack. Yes, DSD mode is DoP. I need USB to work for an iFi Nano BL, but I’m currently using a Questyle CMA400i. USB to my amp with an OTG cable plays sound of DSD, but it extremely choppy. Flac files over USB is much smoother with just a few clicks and pops here and there.

Optical isn’t ideal for me if I plan to use portable amps with USB only. I can record a bit of how it sounds playing DSD from USB.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cay...tal-audio-player.862763/page-51#post-13958622
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cay...tal-audio-player.862763/page-51#post-13958610

Sorry for not being specific in my previous respond, I have clarified this situation previously, I was assuming the situation was well-communicated.

USB Audio is working, but need to improve on compatibility. We have received report about high background noise and we are working on that. We'll proceed to improve USB Audio feature after the V2.1EN, but I am surprised that the USB C to coaxial cable can't playback DSD files correctly in DoP mode, we have tested that several time and it should be working just fine.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 9, 2018 at 4:34 AM Post #802 of 4,108
I listen to music with LG v20 with KZ ZS6 for a while. I am contented with the combo, esp. when I try how the ZX300/Fiio X5iii sounds. And I don't have a large budget on DAP. So I stick to. LG v20. Sometimes, I may link LG v20 to Chord Mojo. But my mojo is not functionning well now. Anyway.

Things get unchanged until I listen to Cayin N5ii. Holy! The slightly warm sound signature with wide soundstage, despite bad reputated ES9018k2m. Cayin proofs how to make best use of it. The sound is a bit forward heading, making it a good DAP for vocals.

But don't misunderstand me, the resolution is awesome. So, when I listen to classicial, the details are there.

Features: with Play Store, 3.5mm line-out, usb dac, usb mini coaxial out (to mojo) and usb coaxial out .ect. Nearly bugless with a user-friendly interface.

With KZ ZS6 (around HKD 300): the treble GLITCHING is nearly gone! The bass is tight. The mid is good. Soundstage is quite wide. But

With TFZ King Pro(below hkd1500) (run-in time: 12 hours
smilies019.gif
): the treble is sweet!!!! The better mid comes with better clarity and soundstage (than KZ ZS6). The bass, however, is a dramatic upgrade from KZ ZS6. It is punchy, but not blommy. The replay gain is set to high because of 55 ohms. Btw, I receive a free gift-watch from TFZ as a present.

Both earphones use 天華7nocc (under hkd400)

Then, the flagship MDR-Z1R, like TFZ King Pro, the replay gain is set to high. The ohms is 64 with this cans. I tell you, folk, it makes everything more musicial. I know the comparisons are not fair. But Cayin N5ii can drive this cans well, imho!!!!

May update when I run-in the machine and cans more

P.S. I did try more expensive cans with price below $4000 from Sony, AK, Westone. None can beat my KZ ZS6

Jan 9, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #804 of 4,108
What cable are you using, if I may ask?

Jan 9, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #805 of 4,108
Jan 9, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #806 of 4,108
USB Audio is working, but need to improve on compatibility. We have received report about high background noise and we are working on that. It's a bit strange if you didn't get any sound out of it.

The USB C adapter, are you sure this is an OTB type C adapter? Some C adapter will only be good for charging, you need a C adapter that can do both charging and data transfer.

In additional, you need to change the USB mode to DAC. This can be done at the Notification Center of the pull down menu.

Thanks sir, after changing the USB mode to DAC, I do get sound out but there is really very high background noise. I think it's not compatible with the Firefly Black, I'll try it with other DAC next time.

Jan 9, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #810 of 4,108
I assume you couldn't get to the WiFi password screen from what you have described?

Can you take a photo of the N5ii screen with error message and PM to me? Details of the router will also be helpful.

Hi sir, after I press the LAN icon it will scan for few moments and then a message pops out and state "Unfortunate Cayin Audio has stopped." with an OK button. Then after about 1 to 2 seconds the screen will turn into blank for few seconds then go back to the main screen again. Sorry I didn't take photos but I hope you understand my description. Is it a bug or compatibility issue with the router or I need to fix something on the Windows PC side?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back