Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Oct 14, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #3,076 of 4,108
Can anyone help? Im having issues with my volume knob. It has this delay of 5 seconds before the toggle appears on screen, sometimes if i turn the volume up it goes the opposite way and turns it down vice versa, sometimes it doesn’t even respond anymore I don’t know how to adjust the volume since there is no other way to toggle it other than the knob itself. Frustrating!

Oct 15, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #3,077 of 4,108
Can anyone help? Im having issues with my volume knob. It has this delay of 5 seconds before the toggle appears on screen, sometimes if i turn the volume up it goes the opposite way and turns it down vice versa, sometimes it doesn’t even respond anymore I don’t know how to adjust the volume since there is no other way to toggle it other than the knob itself. Frustrating!

Yikes! That's not a good sign. :frowning2: Have you already tried a factory reset? It seems like a software glitch. Hopefully it's not the hardware. How old is it?...Is this the newer "S" version or the original?

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #3,078 of 4,108
It’s the original n5ii it’s around 9months old. I already did the double wipe thing still no luck. It’s pretty inconsistent sometimes it glitches out, sometimes it doesn’t but most of the time it does. Getting to the point where i just wanna buy a new DAP, to think how important the volume controls are for this kind of hobby. Also had a session this morning wherein the volume just skyrocketed to 100 blowing my eardrums out like the eff is that im on 3.5en latest update and it’s supposed to fixed right? Hmm

Oct 15, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #3,079 of 4,108
It’s the original n5ii it’s around 9months old. I already did the double wipe thing still no luck. It’s pretty inconsistent sometimes it glitches out, sometimes it doesn’t but most of the time it does. Getting to the point where i just wanna buy a new DAP, to think how important the volume controls are for this kind of hobby. Also had a session this morning wherein the volume just skyrocketed to 100 blowing my eardrums out like the eff is that im on 3.5en latest update and it’s supposed to fixed right? Hmm

Ouch! Not good. :frowning2: Hopefully there is some type of remedy other than replacing it. That's a lot of money to put out for a device that only lasted 9 months. :frowning2: Would it still be under the warranty period? Good luck.

Oct 15, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #3,081 of 4,108
Hi, which country are you located?Maybe you can contact your retailer to conduct an inspection at the shop.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 18, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #3,082 of 4,108
I owned a n5ii but had to sell as needed the money. I'm now considering getting n5iis but am wondering how it compares to hiby r6 or an Opus dap

Oct 18, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #3,083 of 4,108
20181009_160131_HDR.jpg
I owned a n5ii but had to sell as needed the money. I'm now considering getting n5iis but am wondering how it compares to hiby r6 or an Opus dap

I also owned an n5ii. I returned it because it was a little slow. Always regretted it. I currently own an R6 and now the N5iiS. The N5iiS is the superior device in terms of sound, and build as well. It has slightly more power, and is more dynamic. I find music I enjoy like Reggae and Dub to sound more energetic and alive on the N5iiS. It's not a huge major difference, but it's there. I have both. I haven't used my R6 since I got my N5iiiS. Now, if you want to browse the net, or stream YouTube videos the N5iiS will do it, but not nearly as well as the R6. I've discovered that is NOT the reason to buy a dap though. You buy a dap to play music in the best way possible. I dropped my R6 on to my carpeted floor. The back thin glass broke. I was upset, and discovered then that they had updated the N5ii to stainless steel and 2gb or ram. I pulled the trigger and I'm happy I did. I also like the slightly lighter weight compared to my stainless R6, and the smaller form factor as well. Full disclosure, the R6 holds a charge a little better too, like when it's on but not in use. The N5iiS drains a little while it "sleeps". Had to mention that, but I still think it's the better dap. It just has better sound and looks drop dead gorgeous as well.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #3,084 of 4,108
34784207-5BD1-49A3-AFF9-4FBD07E0CFCF.jpeg

Got a balanced cable and my N5ii actually drives my 6XX fine (300 ohms). Balanced output at medium gain and roughly 45-50 volume. Lots of dynamics, air and detail. Sound is very full and clear. I like it a lot and better than my actual O2 desktop amp.

Oct 18, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #3,085 of 4,108

Got a balanced cable and my N5ii actually drives my 6XX fine (300 ohms). Balanced output at medium gain and roughly 45-50 volume. Lots of dynamics, air and detail. Sound is very full and clear. I like it a lot and better than my actual O2 desktop amp.
Personally I prefer the N5ii line out to my O2 a bit more than the N5ii balanced on my sundara.

But then again, I'm using the Burson V5i in my O2 so maybe that's why.

Oct 19, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #3,086 of 4,108
One last question n5iis or opus 3?

Oct 20, 2018 at 2:38 AM Post #3,087 of 4,108
Hi Andy, Cayin Support,

I noticed an issue with Albums from different artists, but with the same Album title. In this example the title is "The Ultimate Collection" by Sade, Shakatak and Whitney. As you can see in the pictures they are sorted under a single album by Sade...not sure if this has already been reported or not.

Thanks
IMG_3926.jpg
IMG_3927.jpg

Oct 22, 2018 at 4:08 AM Post #3,090 of 4,108
Thank and yes I have renamed these albums as you mentioned. However I wanted to let Andy/ Cayin Support know, since none of my other (and older) systems show this sorting behavior with Albums of the same name.
Hi, sorry for the trouble caused and thank you for your kind feedback. I will add it into our optimization list for future products.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back