Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Oct 6, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #3,001 of 4,108
Cayin is sorry for unable to attend the RMAF for various reasons, but we want to thank Final Audio for using our N5iiS DAP to demonstrate their headphones at RMAF. If you want to check out the N8 and happens to be at, or planning to attend the CanJam RMAF, don't miss this opportunity to test N5iiS with Final Audio E series IEMs at the RMAF. Our next public demonstration of N5iiS at US will be CanJam New York 2019.

RMAF2018 03.jpg

RMAF2018 04.jpg

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 7, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #3,002 of 4,108
I can't believe there is a Cayin n5ii in stainless steel. I pick mine up in a few hours. Best dap news ever. I loved the original, but the 1 gb of rom was too slow in certain situations. Thank you Cayin for making this one. It's absolutely gorgeous, and the sound signature of the original is exactly what I like.

Oct 7, 2018 at 10:39 PM Post #3,004 of 4,108
Hi Andy,

I noticed an issue with Album sort and apologies if this question has already been asked before. I have a series of 80s compilations CD's with a long title and odd characters e.g.
'Blank & Jones present So80s (SoEighties) 01'. I have 10 volumes, but the N5iiS doesn't sort them in number order and it even combines several volumes under one Album title. All my other devices (Windows PC Foobar 2000, MacBook Pro Audirvana, Onkyo DP-X1, Ibasso Dx80 and Naim Unitiqute 2) sort these albums perfectly fine, namely 1 to 10 in that order. I have rechecked the tagging for all these albums using Yate (Advanced tagging for Mac) and found no issues. So I am beginning to believe this may be a bug or a album title tagging limitation with the N5iiS FW...Can you look into to this? Let me know if you need more information.
Hi, you can retag 01,02...to 10 ( like below picture) in front of the filename to have a try
upload_2018-10-8_10-35-4.png

Oct 7, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #3,005 of 4,108
0BE71C90-BB92-4B18-AEF8-CB1CD0EA2DE9.jpeg
7050E4E3-18A5-4079-AF23-72563713A7EB.jpeg
Hi, you can retag 01,02...to 10 ( like below picture) in front of the filename to have a try
Hi not sure if I was clear enough, I have sorted my files with numbers,

What I am looking at is wrong sort order for albums...now I could number album titles but these titles have the number at the end as posted earlier. So I am pointing out that sorting albums is not working correctly. I will test changing the album title as you mentioned with a number in front, but I am reluctant to accept that as a Long term solution since sorting should work as it does on all other devices. Final screenshot of the albums not sorted properly.

Also note that some albums of this series are sorted under the same 'album title' see my screenshot where volume 3 has 174 files...

Attachments

• 35335B6D-F42F-45FE-89A0-891B90D853DD.jpeg
    35335B6D-F42F-45FE-89A0-891B90D853DD.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 7, 2018 at 11:07 PM Post #3,006 of 4,108
From the looks of it i guess the N5ii sorts only by the first word.

Personally I use file explorer exclusively so no problems for me there.

The albums page looks really nice though.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2018 at 11:13 PM Post #3,007 of 4,108
Hi Andy,

My N5iiS is now my main player on the go absolute delighted with the sound. I have a question/ request, is Cayin planning replay gain support for the next fm update? If not can you consider?

Thanks

Hi, thank you for your kind suggestion! We can add this feature to our bug and optimization list. But it is in low priority list, there are more bugs, promised functions and requirements (that affect larger number of users) that we have to attend to before we come back to this feature.

Oct 7, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #3,008 of 4,108
Hi, thank you for your kind suggestion! We can add this feature to our bug and optimization list. But it is in low priority list, there are more bugs, promised functions and requirements (that affect larger number of users) that we have to attend to before we come back to this feature.
What else is in the works? :D

Oct 7, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #3,009 of 4,108
Thanks Andy and I agree fixing the bugs should get priority over new features

Oct 8, 2018 at 12:01 AM Post #3,011 of 4,108
@Andykong @CayinSupport

I plan to use my N5ii as a DAC for my Massdrop Objective 2 Headphone Amp: Desktop Edition (amp without DAC). Do I simply purchase a USB-C to 2 RCA (the amp uses 2 RCA input) and it'll work?

Hi, you need to connect N5ii to an amp by 3.5mm LO connection. Your Massdrop Objective is an Amp, so you need a 3.5mm to 2x RCA to connect N5ii to your amp.

Oct 8, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #3,012 of 4,108
@Andykong @CayinSupport

I plan to use my N5ii as a DAC for my Massdrop Objective 2 Headphone Amp: Desktop Edition (amp without DAC). Do I simply purchase a USB-C to 2 RCA (the amp uses 2 RCA input) and it'll work?
Can't believe I missed this post lol.

I use this exact setup

20181008_120618.jpg

Oct 8, 2018 at 12:07 AM Post #3,013 of 4,108
Can't believe I missed this post lol.

I use this exact setup

What cable is that? Looks great!

Also thanks for the reply Cayin. Can’t wait for my amp to arrive and test with my headphones.

Oct 8, 2018 at 12:09 AM Post #3,014 of 4,108
What cable is that? Looks great!

Also thanks for the reply Cayin. Can’t wait for my amp to arrive and test with my headphones.
QED Performance Graphite. Cheap but good.

Oct 8, 2018 at 12:25 AM Post #3,015 of 4,108
IMG_3898.jpg

Hi not sure if I was clear enough, I have sorted my files with numbers,

What I am looking at is wrong sort order for albums...now I could number album titles but these titles have the number at the end as posted earlier. So I am pointing out that sorting albums is not working correctly. I will test changing the album title as you mentioned with a number in front, but I am reluctant to accept that as a Long term solution since sorting should work as it does on all other devices. Final screenshot of the albums not sorted properly.

Also note that some albums of this series are sorted under the same 'album title' see my screenshot where volume 3 has 174 files...

Ok Based on seanwee's suggestion I did a test:
Note all names copy pasted from actual album tags to avoid typo's

Step 1: Delete all albums of the 'Blank & Jones" Album series from my memory card
Step 2: Factory reset and wiped cache partition followed by a reboot
Step 3: Rescanned cards to verify all albums are indeed deleted.
Step 4: Edited two of the album title tags as follows: "Blank & Jones present So80s (SoEighties) 01" to "Blank01" and "Blank & Jones present So80s (SoEighties) 02" to "Blank02"
Step 5: Copies both albums back to the memory card
Step 6: Repeated step 2 & rescanned the cards

Result both albums are now sorted under one Album title, what the love ... pardon my English but there must be a user defined field in my tags.

I will investigate and report back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back