Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
May 6, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #2,356 of 4,108
3.3en is live. Didn’t see it posted yet..

http://en.cayin.cn/download/show?id=13546

New Functions and System Optimization

1. Add new High Quality option to Bluetooth function

2. Partial Big Fix: significantly reduced the frequency of random pause during playback, and speed up the resume when bug occurred.

3. Rectify the unexpected suspension when deleting a song during playback.

4. Bug Fix: maximum volume setting might be disabled when using some third party applications.

5. Other bugs fixed.

6. Other bug fixed and optimizations.

Issues I still see (have experienced on 3.3en):
1. Inverted screen color
2. LRC files displaying time stamps
3. Year does not display on track properties

I never did experience the pause bug, so I guess there isn’t much new for me here. But glad to see they are hard at work on the firmware!

Last edited:
May 6, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #2,357 of 4,108
My unit won't connect to wifi anymore. Password is correct, but it tries and fails to connect without an error message. Can't connect to free wifi as they require login but I have no browser installed. I tried a factory reset.

Is there a type of wifi this doesn't work with?
Any ideas what else to do?
Yeah that's why I install Firefox right away on the N5ii so i can login to free wifi networks.

The N5ii can't connect to channel 14 WiFi but that band is really rare.

May 6, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #2,358 of 4,108
My unit won't connect to wifi anymore. Password is correct, but it tries and fails to connect without an error message. Can't connect to free wifi as they require login but I have no browser installed. I tried a factory reset.

Is there a type of wifi this doesn't work with?
Any ideas what else to do?

Hi, you can install a browser in N5ii first to login the public free WiFi.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 6, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #2,359 of 4,108
Announcement of Cayin N5ii Firmware v3.3EN

http://en.cayin.cn/download/show?id=13546

Firmware v33en.jpg

New Functions and System Optimization

1. Add new High Quality option to Bluetooth function
  2. Partial Big Fix: significantly reduced the frequency of random pause during playback, and speed up the resume when bug occurred.
  3. Rectify the unexpected suspension when deleting a song during playback.
  4. Bug Fix: maximum volume setting might be disabled when using some third party applications.
  5. Other bugs fixed.

Reminder to Firmware v3.3en

Please follow the instruction of the Firmware download page to install your N5ii firmware

We are sorry for the delay in the releasing this firmware update, we are still trying out best to resolve the random pause bug during playback. Thanks to the members of beta firmware group, we have make remarkable progress in last two weeks, we have not resolved the problem 100%, but we have identified several "triggler" of the bug and resolved them immediately, so the situation is dramatically improved already, We have also shortened the pause from several second to around half a second, so by the time you notice the pause, the playback will be resumed immediately. We shall continue to resolve this bug and we are confident that we can deal with it before next firmware update scheduled at late June.

We have deployed all our software resource to resolve the random bug in April and May, we didn't make any progress on other features that involve low level programming, so optimization of USB Audio is delayed till next firmware. We are sorry for all the inconvenience caused to users that need to use the USB Audio features. We have to put regular playback at top priority.

We have established a new OTA server for oversee users, this should be an obvious improvement over the previous China server as there is a limited data rate to connections outside China. If you are upgrding from v3.1en, you should connect to the new OTA server automatically, If your N5ii is still using v2.1en, I'll suggest you perform a manual upgrade this round otherwise you'll link to the OTA server in China and that will be significantly slower.

Last edited:

May 6, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #2,361 of 4,108
i left my cayin in my drawer fully charged for a month. I got it out and it wouldn't turn on. So i tried charging it and its stuck at 2%. It wont go beyond 2%.
Its kind of frustrating, any solutions ? I bought it from thailand as i have no decent audio stores in bangladesh.
Already PM you.

May 6, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #2,362 of 4,108
Dumb head question here. To do the firmware update manually, I put the zip file into the root directory. I then go to the recovery mode.

Then I have got to the point where I can get into the ... directory.

After that, I can't seem to force the update to actually happen. What do I do once I get to the.... directory? What buttons are pressed to force the actual update?

Last edited:
May 6, 2018 at 11:12 PM Post #2,363 of 4,108
Dumb head question here. To do the firmware update manually, I put the zip file into the root directory. I then go to the recovery mode.

Then I have got to the point where I can get into the ... directory.

After that, I can't seem to force the update to actually happen. What do I do once I get to the.... directory? What buttons are pressed to force the actual update?
Once the zip file is highlighted, press the power button to start the update

May 6, 2018 at 11:57 PM Post #2,365 of 4,108
We have established a new OTA server for oversee users, this should be an obvious improvement over the previous China server as there is a limited data rate to connections outside China. If you are upgrding from v3.1en, you should connect to the new OTA server automatically, If your N5ii is still using v2.1en, I'll suggest you perform a manual upgrade this round otherwise you'll link to the OTA server in China and that will be significantly slower.

May 7, 2018 at 1:39 AM Post #2,367 of 4,108
The password to the wifi has @ and ! signs in it. It occurred to perhaps there is there a bug in the N5ii or in Android itself which results in such wifi passwords not working?

May 7, 2018 at 2:42 AM Post #2,368 of 4,108
How do I install a browser when I can't get onto wifi?
Are you using iOS or android?

If you are using android you can Bluetooth the apk over using an app called APK Share then install the apk on the N5ii

May 7, 2018 at 9:08 AM Post #2,370 of 4,108
Well, just saw a good deal on Ebay and got a unit. Should arrive in 2 weeks, along with my Fibae's 2 ?! :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back