Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Mar 3, 2018 at 9:21 PM Post #1,667 of 4,108
OK, so now I deleted the spotify app and restarted the player. After restart the internal memory was empty so I made this way sure all the downloaded spotify music has been erased too. And now all the download within the app is snappy and fast. Maybe it was really a problem with my ISP or spotify itself. For now I recall my previous posts and I'm sorry if I represented Cayin in a bad picture.

Thank you for your hard exploration! Wish you can solve the problem soon. If you have any problem with N5ii in the future, please feel free to let me know again.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 3, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #1,668 of 4,108
So, my Audio Priority Mode toggle button has disappeared from the pull down menu. That's not normal, right?

IMG_0869.jpg

Mar 3, 2018 at 11:34 PM Post #1,669 of 4,108
Next update will be mid-March, we'll break for Chinese New Year and that is a 2-weeks break, so the interval to next firmware update will be slightly extended.
Not long now :)

Mar 3, 2018 at 11:38 PM Post #1,670 of 4,108
So, my Audio Priority Mode toggle button has disappeared from the pull down menu. That's not normal, right?

Can you check the firmware version number ? This is really strange.

Mar 4, 2018 at 3:03 AM Post #1,672 of 4,108
I’m thinking of getting one of these daps. It’s between this or hiby r6. Any advice?

Mar 4, 2018 at 4:10 AM Post #1,673 of 4,108
I'll assume that budget is no issue here.

So, based on numerous reviews, the R6 is most definitely faster in terms of UI.

This is twister6's comparison

N5ii vs R6 – I have been asked by a few people about this comparison, so why not. Obviously, the big difference here is output impedance where the sound will be affected if you are using some multi-BA IEMs, like, for example, U18t I was using in my sound test. It’s not a showstopper since an impedance adapter, such as iEMatch, does a great job to “correct” R6, and that’s what I have been using in this comparison. When you even out the output impedance ground, it makes an interesting comparison where I found tonality to be similar, including a very similar soundstage expansion and black hiss-free background. Of course, there will be some variations depending on pair up with different iems and full-size headphones, but if you add iEMatch into the equation, I found a lot of similarities in tonality and sound presentation, though R6 has a little edge in layering, separation, and transparency of the sound. Besides output impedance, the biggest difference here is Android interface where R6 feels like a smartphone with a higher quality display and a very snappy Android performance. In contrast, N5ii presents itself as DAP first and Android device with Google Play and streaming capability second, like an add-on. Also, N5ii has an advantage of a dual uSD versus a single card in R6.

I've not heard the R6 before myself so I can't confirm nor deny his impressions.

Either way I don't think you can go wrong with either Dap.

The output impedance on the R6 is pesky to me though. It adds the hassle of having to get an impedance adapter if you want to get more sensitive iems. I also appreciate a second card slot.

Mar 4, 2018 at 4:30 AM Post #1,674 of 4,108
There's also availability to consider. N5ii is available now (if in stock), if you order through indiegogo for r6 then you'll be waiting a while.

For those in the uk amp3 reckon they will get stock back in on March the 12th. Code amp312 still works taking about £35 off the price!

Mar 4, 2018 at 4:32 AM Post #1,675 of 4,108
There's also availability to consider. N5ii is available now (if in stock), if you order through indiegogo for r6 then you'll be waiting a while.

For those in the uk amp3 reckon they will get stock back in on March the 12th. Code amp312 still works taking about £35 off the price!

I can vouch for that code tried it in the week.

Mar 4, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #1,676 of 4,108
@CayinSupport @Andykong
Hello guys, hope you had a good holiday.

I have a question regarding the balanced out configuration.

I have balanced cable with the IEMs that I brought but they make the sound really bad. I spoke to the maker of the IEM and he said it might be the configuration used for the balanced socket.

So I would like to know what configuration it is so I can go back to the company and we can work out how to solve it

Many thanks

Mar 4, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #1,677 of 4,108
@CayinSupport @Andykong
Hello guys, hope you had a good holiday.

I have a question regarding the balanced out configuration.

I have balanced cable with the IEMs that I brought but they make the sound really bad. I spoke to the maker of the IEM and he said it might be the configuration used for the balanced socket.

So I would like to know what configuration it is so I can go back to the company and we can work out how to solve it

Many thanks

No configuration is required, just plug and play. When you said it sound really bad, do you mean with a lot of background noise? shuttering? playback speed is not correct? ....

First of all, do you have an IEM with standard 3.5mm connector? can you play the same song to confirm that the music can be played alright and sounds normal?

Please also confirm with the cable maker that the pin assignment of the 2.5mm cable is correct. You can download the user manual at the following link, the pin assignment is printed on page 3 of the manual:
http://en.cayin.cn/download/show?id=13538

Mar 4, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #1,679 of 4,108
No configuration is required, just plug and play. When you said it sound really bad, do you mean with a lot of background noise? shuttering? playback speed is not correct? ....

First of all, do you have an IEM with standard 3.5mm connector? can you play the same song to confirm that the music can be played alright and sounds normal?

Please also confirm with the cable maker that the pin assignment of the 2.5mm cable is correct. You can download the user manual at the following link, the pin assignment is printed on page 3 of the manual:
http://en.cayin.cn/download/show?id=13538
yes the 3.5mm is fine the IEM came with both 2.5mm and 3.5mm cables from the company.. I have just posted another post with the image of their configuration...

the sound goes distant, thin, quiet....the manufacturer said "the issue with the cable will be down to how your players jack socket configuration is set out" and then hesent me the picture of how his is set out

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #1,680 of 4,108
yes the 3.5mm is fine the IEM came with both 2.5mm and 3.5mm cables from the company.. I have just posted another post with the image of their configuration...

the sound goes distant, thin, quiet....the manufacturer said "the issue with the cable will be down to how your players jack socket configuration is set out" and then hesent me the picture of how his is set out

Can you post the picture of how his is set up so that I can understand what he is referring to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back