Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and Discussion
Jan 27, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #2,401 of 2,546

Today is our Chinese New Year day, We wish you all a prosperous New Year.

Cayin is grateful to the wonderful i5 community at HeadFi forum, you are the best customers in our experience, and we are thankful to meet a lot of friends through our previous exchanges and meetings. We'll try out best to support our products, please stay with us while we are improving.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 27, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #2,402 of 2,546
Happy New Year to you Andy, "Live long and Prosper"
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #2,403 of 2,546
Hi Andy,

Do you know if finally the "low low gain" / "low low low gain" options are planned to be implemented ?

I recently got a Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI with 2.5 TRRS cable and it is quite sensitive ; I have some noise on the symetrical outpute of the N5 even though it is globally bearable, minus some tracks like classical music.

I do not know why I am so attracted by sensitive stuff
biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #2,405 of 2,546
Just ran a quick search... didn't realize it has been a year since I last posted on the battery percentage indicator out of sync with actual state. So.... will anything be done in any upcoming firmware update? Also realized the last update v3.2 was almost half a year ago...

Feb 18, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #2,406 of 2,546
Hi Andy!

I've just bought N5 player from Advanced Mp3 Players online store. Player is amazing, but one thing concerns me - my PC doesn't show sd card when in player inside. Even when I want to format this card using the player, I receive notification 'format failure'. To check this card I put it in my cell phone (LG G5) and it works normally. I tried several times to format sd card using formatter tool to FAT32 format, but even after that PC doesn't see card in player. Generally it's not a big problem - I can but card reader or another card, but this is a little annoying.

Manual says: 'The computer will detect N5 and pop up file directory etc.' but this is not my case - when I'm connecting my N5 to PC nothing happens. No pop up window and sd card is placed in TF1 slot.

wylfsyn

PS PC has Windows 10 Pro, player FW is 3.1

Feb 18, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #2,407 of 2,546
  Hi Andy!

I've just bought N5 player from Advanced Mp3 Players online store. Player is amazing, but one thing concerns me - my PC doesn't show sd card when in player inside. Even when I want to format this card using the player, I receive notification 'format failure'.

Mine is doing the same with Win7.

I always take the cards out of the player and into a usb card reader to load/unload music from my PC.

Feb 18, 2017 at 6:02 AM Post #2,408 of 2,546
So, it's a common problem? Thank God, I thought my player is not functionig properly. To check I bought new Samsung Evo Plus sd card, and again - card reader reads this card, N5 not. Card inside the player shows all files.

Feb 18, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #2,414 of 2,546
I can see all my music and copy new files to the N5 when the card is in the player and the player is plugged into a laptop.
Obviously the player has to be set to USB mode, not DAC.

Mine has been set to usb forever, and I can see all the music fine, but I'm not allowed to delete/write files, it seems to be in "read only" mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back