Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and Discussion
Oct 6, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #2,297 of 2,546
On another note......where can I purchase an additional screen protector, the one Cayin ships with the N5?

You can only buy from Cayin, we haven't put it on our accessory list because we think everyone will have enough to go around for a while. We can always put this up as an accessory item and let local reseller place order when needed.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 7, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #2,299 of 2,546
Glamour shot for the weekend
biggrin.gif

Oct 7, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #2,300 of 2,546
I support your good works, Podster. Happy listening.

Oct 8, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #2,301 of 2,546
I'm looking for a Coaxial cable to connect my N5 to my Mojo, anybody have a recommendation?

Oct 8, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #2,302 of 2,546
I'm looking for a Coaxial cable to connect my N5 to my Mojo, anybody have a recommendation?
Lots of choices. ALO has some.

Oct 8, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #2,303 of 2,546

Theoretically any "3.5mm to 3.5mm coaxial cable" should do the job, you can search for this keyword for more detail. The shortest connection from N5 to Mojo is 10cm if you are using a L-connector on both end but I'll recommend a 15cm version unless you are confident that the coaxial cable is built to sustain a very sharp turning angle.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 8, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #2,304 of 2,546
Theoretically any "3.5mm to 3.5mm coaxial cable" should do the job, you can search for this keyword for more detail. The shortest connection from N5 to Mojo is 10cm if you are using a L-connector on both end but I'll recommend a 15cm version unless you are confident that the coaxial cable is built to sustain a very sharp turning angle.

Thanks Andy :headphones::sunglasses:

Oct 8, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #2,305 of 2,546
I hope I understand your setup correctly, you have Neutron Music Player at your iphone, lighting to USB hub to i5, and then balanced phone output to your headphone? The cabling is a bit complicated and probably not convenient to do this on portable mode, but this sound a lot of fun, especially if there are some function in Neutron plalyer that you really like.

Wander how will this setup compare to an Cayin i5 with Neutron Player installed? But then you can't have balanced phone out from i5.:D

Cayin n5

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/jHgpLwYctBE[/VIDEO]

it looks confusing at first but basically you add power to the cayin n5 and to iPhone with cable to each.
if you add power to iPhone cayin n5 won't start dac mode, if you add power to cayin n5 iPhone will say device uses too much power. you could use a USB hub but then iPhone won't charge battery.

I use Apple cck with lightning, all lightning does is charge iphone and gets rid of device uses too much power and it does not add power to device at all

some devices are compatible with iOS but still stop playing on full volume like zuperdac and if you add power to it with extra USB it doesn't stop on full volume and overall is better

so really it's just two cables you connect to USB, one for cayin n5 with USB splitter for extra 5v USB power and lightning to Apple cck. I have 12000 mah battery with two USB and can use it portable, battery is huge

and cayin n5 and iPhone both charge while in use

lol

but for quality it's worth it

and ye you can use any apps on iPhone to play on cayin n5

Oct 9, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #2,308 of 2,546
Does anyone know a method to convert DST encoded SACD iso file to another codec which is compatible to N5? I have a SACD iso file at hand, but N5 says it cannot play it.

BTW, what kind of encoding are available for SACD iso files? and among them, which are compatible with N5?

Oct 11, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #2,309 of 2,546
I do
Does anyone know a method to convert DST encoded SACD iso file to another codec which is compatible to N5? I have a SACD iso file at hand, but N5 says it cannot play it.

BTW, what kind of encoding are available for SACD iso files? and among them, which are compatible with N5?

I don't have the N5 but I assume it is taking DSF files. I have been using a software from sonore to convert SACD ISO to dsf you can find it here:http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=129913.0

Hope it helps, cheers.

Oct 11, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #2,310 of 2,546
http://en.cayin.cn/download/show?id=13473 - N5 & N6 USB Audio Driver

Date:2016-10-10 04:10:19
Update log

N5 & N6 USB Audio Driver Installation
This Driver is for Windows System.
In case of MAC OS, it can recognize without Driver install.
1.Selecting “DAC”on the [system setup>USB mode] interface of N5/N6. Then connecting the N5/N6 to PC by USB cable.
2.Double click and run the "setup.exe" file in the folder “USB AUDIO_Windows_Driver For N5&N6” . Skipping warning messages, and going on until finish installation.
3.After installation, you will find the name“Cayin N5”or “Cayin N6” on the device management interface of the PC.
4.Selecting “Cayin N5”or “Cayin N6” as audio output device on audio setting interface of PC player.
You can enjoy the music from PC player by N5/N6 now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back