Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and Discussion
Sep 27, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #2,251 of 2,546
I hate playlists for some unknown reason and can't be of any real help :D
Reminds me of this. https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=mGKOyi1wFXM

Sep 27, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #2,253 of 2,546
Sep 27, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #2,254 of 2,546
A question...

Am I going to hear a significant sq difference with my N5 if I include a C5 amp?
This will (initially) be through the Havi B3 old version.
yes you can provided u have a good interconnect. Stock interconnect is terrible

Sep 27, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #2,255 of 2,546
Hi All,

I've just received my N5 and wanted to know, is the wheel supposed to click? because mine is really smooth and you can barely feel the clicks? also center knob is kinda raised.. 

Thanks!

Sep 27, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #2,256 of 2,546
  Hi All,

I've just received my N5 and wanted to know, is the wheel supposed to click? because mine is really smooth and you can barely feel the clicks? also center knob is kinda raised.. 

Thanks!

it is supposed to be like that

Sep 27, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #2,258 of 2,546
Thanks audio123, I was afraid it's faulty.. Some people said the wheel is stiff or clicks are precise and mine is actually very easy to turn, feels 'loose' in fact

same here nothing to worry about. glad to be of help.

Sep 27, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #2,262 of 2,546
Hi, got a question here, it seems that the N5 can sometimes turn off automatically when the headphone jack is plugged in, and a song started to play. Has anyone else encountered this? I had it when the battery is about 50%~ish. After when I charge it, it comes back to normal. I tried both 3.5mm and 2.5mm output. Without any headphone jacks, the song played continuously (I do not know the quality, since none of the headphones are plugged in). Then, once the headphones are plugged in, it will automatically shut off, with a light pop from the headphones.

My guess is hardware related, something like short-circuit protection circuit, but this is just my guess. Any thoughts?

Sep 28, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #2,264 of 2,546

Hi edb, Sorry I didn't get a reply to you sooner. I haven't been home much lately.  I'll post the first few lines of a playlist as an example.  This is directly from my playlist "1991" opened with notepad.  I don't have any text preceding the music.  My Folder Structure is Music\Genre\A-Z\Artist\Album\Tracks.  When you browse the card, you should see your playlists on the same level as your top-level folder.

\Music\Rock Mp3\R\Roxette\Joyride\09 - (Do You Get) Excited.mp3
\Music\Rock Mp3\A\Adams, Bryan\So Far So Good\10 - (Everything I Do) I Do It For You.mp3
\Music\Rock Mp3\S\Squier, Billy\16 Strokes, The Best of Billy Squier\16 - (L.O.V.E.) Four Letter Word.mp3
\Music\Rock Mp3\O\Osbourne, Ozzy\1991 - No More Tears\10 - A.V.H..mp3
\Music\Rock Mp3\B\Bowie, David\2001 - All Saints\03 - Abdulmajid.mp3
\Music\Rock Mp3\U\U2\1991 - Achtung Baby\11 - Acrobat.mp3

One of the things I noticed the first time I tried a playlist was that some of my filenames were too long and so the player wouldn't recognize or play it.
My old naming structure was Artist - Album - Track No - Title.
I simplified that to Track No - Title
Now the playlist is playing with no problems.  I'm not sure what the character limit is on the filename.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Fra.

My playlist file has exactly the same format as yours, but I have APE files in it. I guess that should not make a difference. But I do have looong file names, that is probably the deal breaker.

Sep 28, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #2,265 of 2,546

Thanks Fra.

My playlist file has exactly the same format as yours, but I have APE files in it. I guess that should not make a difference. But I do have looong file names, that is probably the deal breaker

Yeah, that was a tough call for me, but I really wanted the playlists.  I've renamed about 20,000 files so far.  Music Bee made it pretty easy though. You still have to rename them one by one, but you can do it from a pop out window and hit the next button as you go, rather than browsing through all of your file folders.  There may be other programs that do it better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back