Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and Discussion
Sep 27, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #2,238 of 2,546

Can you please post a sample file structure of a playlist you created? I tried external playlist on the 2nd card, but it does not work. Thanks in advance.

Hi edb, Sorry I didn't get a reply to you sooner. I haven't been home much lately.  I'll post the first few lines of a playlist as an example.  This is directly from my playlist "1991" opened with notepad.  I don't have any text preceding the music.  My Folder Structure is Music\Genre\A-Z\Artist\Album\Tracks.  When you browse the card, you should see your playlists on the same level as your top-level folder.

\Music\Rock Mp3\R\Roxette\Joyride\09 - (Do You Get) Excited.mp3
\Music\Rock Mp3\A\Adams, Bryan\So Far So Good\10 - (Everything I Do) I Do It For You.mp3
\Music\Rock Mp3\S\Squier, Billy\16 Strokes, The Best of Billy Squier\16 - (L.O.V.E.) Four Letter Word.mp3
\Music\Rock Mp3\O\Osbourne, Ozzy\1991 - No More Tears\10 - A.V.H..mp3
\Music\Rock Mp3\B\Bowie, David\2001 - All Saints\03 - Abdulmajid.mp3
\Music\Rock Mp3\U\U2\1991 - Achtung Baby\11 - Acrobat.mp3

One of the things I noticed the first time I tried a playlist was that some of my filenames were too long and so the player wouldn't recognize or play it.
My old naming structure was Artist - Album - Track No - Title.
I simplified that to Track No - Title
Now the playlist is playing with no problems.  I'm not sure what the character limit is on the filename.

Hope this helps.

Sep 27, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #2,242 of 2,546
  Jumping in here for a quick question, why do you number the tracks as opposed to an alphabetical listing?
....just curious.

I'm assuming that the original songs are named that way so they play in the order originally on the album and when making the playlist you need to reference the directory structure and filename.

Sep 27, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #2,243 of 2,546
  Jumping in here for a quick question, why do you number the tracks as opposed to an alphabetical listing?
....just curious.

The tracks are in an album folder.  They were already named with the track number, so it was easiest and made the most sense to me to just shorten the filename to the track number and title.  This way when I go into the album folder and play the first track, the rest of the tracks will play in the original album order. 

...what nmatheis said.  lol, I just noticed that post.

Sep 27, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #2,245 of 2,546

I'm assuming that the original songs are named that way so they play in the order originally on the album and when making the playlist you need to reference the directory structure and filename.

OK, I get that, but if the album song sequence isn't wanted ....... and also in my case I don't care about what album a song is from.... really all I want is eight folders for Country of origin, and in each folder, Artist & Song. From there I'll build some playlists.

At this time how many user playlists does the N5 support?

Sep 27, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #2,246 of 2,546

OK, I get that, but if the album song sequence isn't wanted ....... and also in my case I don't care about what album a song is from.... really all I want is eight folders for Country of origin, and in each folder, Artist & Song. From there I'll build some playlists.

At this time how many user playlists does the N5 support?

At this point, I've only made 5 of them, but they are quite lengthy.  They run from between 200-300 tracks each.

Sep 27, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #2,247 of 2,546
  The tracks are in an album folder.  They were already named with the track number, so it was easiest and made the most sense to me to just shorten the filename to the track number and title.  This way when I go into the album folder and play the first track, the rest of the tracks will play in the original album order. 

...what nmatheis said.  lol, I just noticed that post.

Yes, makes good sense if you collect songs in album packages.

Sep 27, 2016 at 1:24 AM Post #2,250 of 2,546
I hate playlists for some unknown reason and can't be of any real help 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back