Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and Discussion
Jun 13, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #47 of 2,546

I just hope it has 8Gb/sec wifi, Bluetooth 6.0, a quad core 2.8GHz processor, 16Gb RAM, 256Gb internal storage, a revolutionary quad DAC setup, a 600dpi touchscreen, capability to load android and iOS apps, predictive mood music artificial intelligence, and of course a flux capacitor!!!

Oh wait, this isn't the X7 thread
wink_face.gif

sneaks out quietly...

Haha, you really humorous, but it's a good idea.

What did I say it, no, I did not say anything, let's see what will happen next now.

Hi Thomas, can this "next" happen really "now"?  Like, sharing more info about N5 with us very soon?
wink.gif

Jun 14, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #48 of 2,546
  Haha, you really humorous, but it's a good idea.

What did I say it, no, I did not say anything, let's see what will happen next now.

We are looking forward to news... any news... even a blurry, poorly lit photo... some kind of hint... pleeeeeeeeeze!

Jun 14, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #53 of 2,546
Very funny. :D

Jun 14, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #56 of 2,546
Jun 14, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #60 of 2,546
Hello Everyone,

We are really apprecaited for your followup on our next model of DAP. All of you are correct and our next model number is N5.

We can release some general information over here about N5. It takes the same display as N6. Of course we will re-define the UI and operation of the new N5. In regard with the size information which you concerned most it is much smaller than N6. However we are sorry that we cannot disclose the detail size of it now as we are still optimizing the design of the product including the feeling of handling in hands and details. Cayin, us do not want to transfer any unconfirmed information. It is not a responsible attitude to do so.

As for the part of DAC N5 is using AKM 4490 which can do DSD native decoding and seprate volume control IC too. As the DACs are different the hardware and amplification part will be also different from N6. Once we have finished design and confirmed on the sound test we will have a block to show you the design together with the specifications.

Oh sorry. We have sevral other important changed not mentioned. In N5 we have cancelled the internal storage. Instead we have double TF card. It supports USB 3.0 and has 2.5 balance headphone jacket. 

As above we have seen you have give some suggestions and we are really appreciated for that. Cayin our team will work at our best to do better because of your support and expectation. In fact our N5 project is at its final development stage and we will disclose more and more information accroding to our product development progress.

Cheers everyone and thanks very much.

Best regards,

Cayin Team

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back