Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and Discussion
Jun 12, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #31 of 2,546
Haha, I'm all for being creative!

Btw I am actually very interested what Cayin can bring to the table on this, it'll perfect addition to the Dap market, if they can slot in somewhere between DX50 and X3II prices.

You mean compete with the X5 II? :wink_face:

Jun 12, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #32 of 2,546
You mean compete with the X5 II? :wink_face:

It depends where they want to fit this in if they go ahead. I'd be happy with DX50 / X3II price range. You'd think going against X5II or DX90 is basically what thier N6 does at its slightly higher price point. But I'd be all for a player taking down X5II priced at DX50 retail. :wink:

You. Can. Do. It. Cayin!

Jun 12, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #33 of 2,546
Oh, I was strictly talking about price. Right in between X3 II and N6 sits X5 so that seems like the reasonable slot to go for. I think it's the best price balance. I wouldn't say 'slightly higher', with the N6 at almost twice the price as X5.

Can't wait to see regardless.

Jun 12, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #34 of 2,546
Oh, I was strictly talking about price. Right in between X3 II and N6 sits X5 so that seems like the reasonable slot to go for. I think it's the best price balance. I wouldn't say 'slightly higher', with the N6 at almost twice the price as X5.

Can't wait to see regardless.

Yes, never mind the prices comment I was thinking about DX90 and our current AUD currency which is terrible. DX90 in Australia is $639, Cayin N6 $779 . Sorry about the confusion.

Jun 12, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #35 of 2,546
I just hope it has 8Gb/sec wifi, Bluetooth 6.0, a quad core 2.8GHz processor, 16Gb RAM, 256Gb internal storage, a revolutionary quad DAC setup, a 600dpi touchscreen, capability to load android and iOS apps, predictive mood music artificial intelligence, and of course a flux capacitor!!!

Oh wait, this isn't the X7 thread :wink_face:

sneaks out quietly...

Jun 12, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #36 of 2,546
I just hope it has 8Gb/sec wifi, Bluetooth 6.0, a quad core 2.8GHz processor, 16Gb RAM, 256Gb internal storage, a revolutionary quad DAC setup, a 600dpi touchscreen, capability to load android and iOS apps, predictive mood music artificial intelligence, and of course a flux capacitor!!!

Oh wait, this isn't the X7 thread
wink_face.gif

sneaks out quietly...

You're a naughty boy! Too much typing on your iPad making you go a bit fruit-loopy?

Jun 12, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #37 of 2,546
You're a naughty boy! Too much typing on your iPad making you go a bit fruit-loopy?

Nope, all the stain / sealer fumes I'm inhaling as my wife and I recondition a large wooden play structure for the boys. Ahh, the pleasures of being temporarily unemployed :wink_face:

Jun 12, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #38 of 2,546

wink_face.gif

sneaks out quietly...

you forgot to mention that it has to fit in your tight jeans pocket.

Jun 13, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #41 of 2,546

wink_face.gif

sneaks out quietly...

Ya get outta here! No audiophile-mainstream-hybrid brand product talk in hurrr...:p

Jun 13, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #42 of 2,546
You guys are jokes...I'm actually hoping that they keep to a similar design. It's different for sure. But maybe this time a full circular screen :D??

Or an Android based Cayin DAP would be money. I do a lot of streaming, so that would be perfect. 

How about a circular DAP :wink_face:

Doubt we'll get wifi in a lower tier product, but who knows...

Still waiting to hear the N6. After all I've read about it and after hearing the C5, I'm excited to see what Cayin can do with their DAPs!

Jun 13, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #43 of 2,546
How about a circular DAP :wink_face:

Doubt we'll get wifi in a lower tier product, but who knows...

Still waiting to hear the N6. After all I've read about it and after hearing the C5, I'm excited to see what Cayin can do with their DAPs!

Circular dap would never fit the flux capacitor and continuum transfunctioner.

That's just silly :p

Jun 13, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #44 of 2,546
Circular dap would never fit the flux capacitor and continuum transfunctioner.

That's just silly :p

Oh, I completely disagree! You just need to properly seat the thingamajigger in the whatchamacallit before installing the spacetime continuum transmogrifier!!!

See, this thread's already much, much better than the X7 thread :wink_face:

Jun 13, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #45 of 2,546

wink_face.gif

sneaks out quietly...

Haha, you really humorous, but it's a good idea.

What did I say it, no, I did not say anything, let's see what will happen next now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back