Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and Discussion
Sep 11, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #2,161 of 2,546
Hello all. I'm really interested in this dap and i've read most of the thread.
But i still have a question.
For instance, when you play a live album (flac 16 44.1) it's totally gapless or it's possible to hear anything/gap in transitions between the tracks?
Thank you in advance.

It is totally gappless now.
There were some minor issues at previous firmware versions, but now all is fine,

Sep 12, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #2,162 of 2,546
This is my second week with N5, so far so happy.

Just one issue, I am not sure if I did not set up the play correctly.

When I play a folder, it does not stop at the end of the last song in that folder; instead, it continues to the next folder. Is that how the software is supposed to work like? Or is there a setting I can enable to let the player stop at the end of the folder?

Thanks.

Sep 12, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #2,163 of 2,546

When I play a folder, it does not stop at the end of the last song in that folder; instead, it continues to the next folder. Is that how the software is supposed to work like? Or is there a setting I can enable to let the player stop at the end of the folder?

Thanks.

I think it's called Folder Play or Folder Skip in the Play Settings.

Sep 12, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #2,164 of 2,546

Thanks.

You can chose the DAP to do this or to stop in the options.
However this is the feature I like best (Cowon DAPs are doing the same by default).
It's annoying to have the DAP stop at the end of a folder, espcially when you're driving for a while.

Sep 13, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #2,165 of 2,546

Thanks.

The feature is called Folder Operation. You can turn it off in the System Setting menu.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 17, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #2,168 of 2,546
where can you download windows driver for cayin n5?

also cayin n5 has many options and it sounds differrent. if I reset it's how it suppose to? thanks

Sep 19, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #2,170 of 2,546
do you need a powered USB hub for it to work on iPhone with cck and windows tablets?

doesn't work on windows at all, on iPhone with cck it plays a few seconds

Sep 19, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #2,172 of 2,546
The feature is called Folder Operation. You can turn it off in the System Setting menu.

Thanks, Andykong and everyone.

I also noticed that this setting does two things. When it is enabled, one can play continuously to another folder, and delete a folder. When it is disabled, both functions are gone.

Sep 19, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #2,173 of 2,546
I am trying the playlist function today. I can successfully add songs to a new playlist.

I am wondering if I can rename an existing playlist. This seems infeasible, at least for the current firmware. So I tried something else. I hook up N5 to my computer, and hoping I can find the playlist file to rename it. To my surprise, I can't find it anywhere.

The last thing I tried is to create a playlist file externally. But N5 does not add it to the system playlist list even after a library update. I can access and play the list through folder view though.

Another question (sorry, too many) I have is, how can I create a list in card 1 (externally), which plays songs in card 2? It seems that cross-list is not playable. 

So, how does N5 handle the playlist function in the underlying system?

Sep 19, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #2,174 of 2,546
it is a nice dap with nice dac but it's ui is simple and doesn't have same functions as your windows or mac. it's kinda what it is, for dac it's the best.

I had these dacs in preference

cn5>df red>zuperdac>cozoy aegis>ak10>fiio e10k

all I had, df red is nice but being almost same price as cn5 df red dac is useless.

but very happy with the dap even though it's very simple, metal buttons when did you last see metal buttons on anything? I never

haha, I will get 2.5 4 pole to use balanced, anyone knows how to soder balanced for cayin n5?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back