Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Oct 1, 2020 at 6:33 AM Post #1,246 of 2,518
Does burn in make a significant difference? Comparing the 4.4mm output to my sony ZX507, it's a bit more aggressive with upper mids.. I hope things will calm down and smooth out a bit as it's a bit too much with my HD650, my Sony handles them a bit more delicately. Similar with 3.5mm tube mode - a bit congested and forward sounding in upper mids (even taking into account the warmer bass and less treble)

Oct 1, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #1,247 of 2,518
Dream pairing. May I know what right-angle adapter you're using?

Stock Campfire IEMs come with 3.5mm cable, but I'm using upgraded one with 4.4mm termination here. For 4.4mm to 3.5mm adapter I'm using DDHiFi "thor hammer" :D

Oct 1, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #1,250 of 2,518
Has anyone else managed to stream in AAC from an iOS device? It's not showing up as an option in the Bluetooth menu. I'm only getting SBC from my iPhone X. I was hoping I could offload my BTR5 after getting this.
Yes I can stream AAC from my iPhone X no problem. I think it’s on the drag up menu. I’m still keeping the FiiO btr5 even though I have the N3Pro because of its much smaller size and 2.5 mm balance which is suitable for some scenario when I’m otg.

Oct 1, 2020 at 8:33 PM Post #1,251 of 2,518
Btw does anyone know if the n8 allows for tidal and Spotify streaming directly off the Dap instead of needing to connect to smart phones like the N3Pro?

Oct 1, 2020 at 10:49 PM Post #1,252 of 2,518
Yes I can stream AAC from my iPhone X no problem. I think it’s on the drag up menu. I’m still keeping the FiiO btr5 even though I have the N3Pro because of its much smaller size and 2.5 mm balance which is suitable for some scenario when I’m otg.
Okay I managed to establish an AAC connection by unpairing and then repairing the devices. But this time I initiated the connection from the iPhone side, which seemed to solve the problem. "AAC" is still not a selectable option in the N3Pro's Bluetooth menu. You can only tell you're on it through the home screen.

Oct 1, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #1,253 of 2,518
Btw does anyone know if the n8 allows for tidal and Spotify streaming directly off the Dap instead of needing to connect to smart phones like the N3Pro?
No. N8 OS is the same as N3Pro, which does not allow users to install Android apps.

Oct 1, 2020 at 11:44 PM Post #1,254 of 2,518
What are the main factor that makes expensive dap like N8 sound better than the N3PRO: Is it the better dac, more powerful amp, better tube used, or other components and design implementations?

Oct 1, 2020 at 11:57 PM Post #1,255 of 2,518
What are the main factor that makes expensive dap like N8 sound better than the N3PRO: Is it the better dac, more powerful amp, better tube used, or other components and design implementations?
How about everything :)

Oct 2, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #1,258 of 2,518

As it was mentioned, all of the above. But, and don't take it in a wrong way, reading between the lines I see that you are trying to justify 6x price difference. I don't want to make an assumption how long you have been in this "game", but this is all part of diminishing returns when you try to compare prices to justify the difference. If that is a case and you don't have demanding hard to drive headphones and you focus more on tube output than solid state, N3 Pro will be the way to go in your case.

Oct 2, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #1,259 of 2,518
May I also point out that N3p is way less of a brick than N8. :) To someone like myself who likes more compact daps, this is another factor to consider.

Not important to most, but I can walk around the house with the N3p in my sport shorts pocket. While I'm sure they'd be around my ankles with the N8 in the pocket. If I could fit it, ha ha. I know I'm the exception here, I'm just pointing that out.

Oct 2, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #1,260 of 2,518
May I also point out that N3p is way less of a brick than N8. :) To someone like myself who likes more compact daps, this is another factor to consider.

Not important to most, but I can walk around the house with the N3p in my sport shorts pocket. While I'm sure they'd be around my ankles with the N8 in the pocket. If I could fit it, ha ha. I know I'm the exception here, I'm just pointing that out.

and on top of that, because of a small form factor, it is very convenient to control the playback and navigate the display with N3 Pro in one hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back