Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Sep 29, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #1,218 of 2,518
Any comparison vs Fiio M11 Pro and Sony ZX507 - on 4.4mm? Is the N3 Pro's 4.4mm warmer/smoother?

Sep 29, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #1,220 of 2,518
Beginning to really appreciate this dap, particularly its flexibility, ie three sound profilesβ€”able to pair signature with best match for various albums.
I’d like to revise my comparison to Hiby R5 also. N3pro appears to have more balanced, coherent sound across the spectrum with fewer harsh high frequency peaks.

Sep 29, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #1,221 of 2,518
Beginning to really appreciate this dap, particularly its flexibility, ie three sound profilesβ€”able to pair signature with best match for various albums.
I’d like to revise my comparison to Hiby R5 also. N3pro appears to have more balanced, coherent sound across the spectrum with fewer harsh high frequency peaks.

N3p also has a more holographic sound in UL mode.

Sep 29, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #1,222 of 2,518
πŸ˜† lol, this place does my head in, you know any sd card is basically a ssd.
"Basically" it is right. Looking only at memory cells, it is right. But memory controller and interface are big difference
between microSD and SSD. So the performances are different.
MicroSDs sound the same as SSDs? I hope it so much. Sometimes try microSDs and dissatisfied with sound quality
and instability. And return to SSDs.
By the way, about optane memory, the memory cell itself is different from normal nand memory. It's 3D XPoint.
No microSDs are made of 3D XPoint.

Sep 30, 2020 at 4:43 AM Post #1,226 of 2,518
Thank you very much :)
So as promised, i compared them n8ss in tube mode high gain p+, n3pro high gain ultralinear. Used Anole Vx (all switches off)which will do justice to the daps because of its high resolution less coloration(for my ears).
Songs all flac: Abba Gimme Gimme, Alphaville Big in Japan, Eagles Hotel California, John Williams Revenge of The Sith, Megadeth Tornado of Souls, Metallica Master of Puppets.

I can say that N8 has better soundstage, more airy with better separation and resolution but if you ask me there is no 6x price difference, n3pro is almost there , considering the other totl daps n8 price must be correct but there is something wrong with n3pro pricing :darthsmile:
If you have the cash to burn and then some, n8 is the clear choice, if spending that 3299$ will give you nightmares n3pro will not upset you.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2020 at 5:10 AM Post #1,227 of 2,518
"Basically" it is right. Looking only at memory cells, it is right. But memory controller and interface are big difference
between microSD and SSD. So the performances are different.
MicroSDs sound the same as SSDs? I hope it so much. Sometimes try microSDs and dissatisfied with sound quality
and instability. And return to SSDs.
By the way, about optane memory, the memory cell itself is different from normal nand memory. It's 3D XPoint.
No microSDs are made of 3D XPoint.
The technology you refer to does not appear to ensure greater, long-term stability of stored data but only how rapidly and reliably most commonly used data is accessed. I’d like to know if I’m missing something here

Sep 30, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #1,228 of 2,518
So as promised, i compared them n8ss in tube mode high gain p+, n3pro high gain ultralinear. Used Anole Vx (all switches off)which will do justice to the daps because of its high resolution less coloration(for my ears).
Songs all flac: Abba Gimme Gimme, Alphaville Big in Japan, Eagles Hotel California, John Williams Revenge of The Sith, Megadeth Tornado of Souls, Metallica Master of Puppets.

I can say that N8 is has better soundstage, more airy with better separation and resolution but if you ask me there is no 6x price difference, n3pro is almost there , considering the other totl daps n8 price must be correct but there is something wrong with n3pro pricing :darthsmile:
If you have the cash to burn and then some, n8 is the clear choice, if spending that 3299$ will give you nightmares n3pro will not upset you.
Maybe the Romi mod can help.
20200617_201254.jpg

Sep 30, 2020 at 5:45 AM Post #1,229 of 2,518
Sorry I didn’t get you, Romi mod will help with what? For me shipment will cost more than the modsπŸ˜‚

Sep 30, 2020 at 6:07 AM Post #1,230 of 2,518
The technology you refer to does not appear to ensure greater, long-term stability of stored data but only how rapidly and reliably most commonly used data is accessed. I’d like to know if I’m missing something here
The thing I'm interested in is if reading speed of data affect the sound quality. Not theoretically but if human sense can differ it.
And stability I said is not about data itself, but the stability of data flow from memory(microSD) to dac and amp. I don't know where is the problem.
Contact stability? The speed of interface? I tried to improve it by applying some contact treatment. But I still feel some problems listening to music with microSD.
Maybe it is a prejudice, but I've always felt it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back