Sep 5, 2020 at 3:00 AM Post #692 of 2,518
unnamed (1).jpg
1599288792302.png
1599288861179.png
1599288935366.png
1599288970605.png

tenor.gif

Sep 5, 2020 at 3:21 AM Post #693 of 2,518
It was the fact he couldn't be bothered to do even the slightest bit of research before making the video that bothered me. He claimed the tube was the same as that in the N8. If I know more than the guy doing the video, it becomes less than useless to me.

Yeah, I also heard he said the N3Pro tube is the same as the N8 hahaha. How can he got it wrong for a such simple and obvious info. Totally no confidence in his reviews.

Sep 5, 2020 at 5:48 AM Post #694 of 2,518
I like your approach, 3.5mm is underrated in past few years, brands and users put most of their effort to balanced output, leaving only a DAP that took 3..5mm phone out seriously. In fact, when we put Nutube into 3.5mm phone output of N8 but not 4.4mm balanced phone out, we receive a lot of negative comment before they get to hear the player.

On the other hand, full size headphones will drain more current then IEM, and planar headphones is generally more demanding (in terms of current) then dynamic headphones, so technically your Ananda should be benefited by the extra power in 4.4mm phone out of N3Pro. For the record, Ananda is rated at 35 Ω , and the output of 3.5mm (Tube) at 32 Ω is 130mW while the 4.4mm balanced phone out is 800mW at the same impedance loading.
I realized yesterday I don’t have either a 4.4 cable or even just an adapter to test the BAL out :relaxed:
I like that it’s there but I am so getting this one for the tubes.

Sep 5, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #695 of 2,518
It was the fact he couldn't be bothered to do even the slightest bit of research before making the video that bothered me. He claimed the tube was the same as that in the N8. If I know more than the guy doing the video, it becomes less than useless to me.

Some people enjoy off the cuff reactions. It's so easy to get info on specs and features- I mean that info's on the first post. It was an unboxing video anyways and he said he 'thought' it was the same tube. It's better than your unboxing video :wink:

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #697 of 2,518
You guys really put that much stock in reviews and opinions? Like I said it's easy to find specs and features. But really it ultimately comes down to actually using and listening to the dap yourself.

I mean this is all supposed to be about music and the enjoyment of the hobby. I don't think he really cares what people think about him and I like him all the more for that. I've tried some nice chifi iems on his rec. No one is forcing you to watch his vids anyways.

Anyways let's move on.

Sep 5, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #698 of 2,518
Some people enjoy off the cuff reactions. It's so easy to get info on specs and features- I mean that info's on the first post. It was an unboxing video anyways and he said he 'thought' it was the same tube. It's better than your unboxing video :wink:
Well that's the whole point really. I wouldn't shoot an unboxing video because I have nothing useful to say. It's just a pity that didn't stop him. :)

And you're right, nobody forced me to watch it. I'd never have seen it if you hadn't posted the link.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #699 of 2,518
Well that's the whole point really. I wouldn't shoot an unboxing video because I have nothing useful to say. It's just a pity that didn't stop him. :)

And you're right, nobody forced me to watch it. I'd never have seen it if you hadn't posted the link.

Um I didn't post the link, and an unboxing video is pretty much visual. And that's a matter of opinion whether he had anything useful to say. Unless you're the final authority on whats useful. I mean you got to see the UI in motion at least right?

Not like there's a **** ton of videos out there right now. Whoever posted the vid cheers to you, I for one appreciated it.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #700 of 2,518
Um I didn't post the link, and an unboxing video is pretty much visual. And that's a matter of opinion whether he had anything useful to say. Unless you're the final authority on whats useful. I mean you got to see the UI in motion at least right?

Not like there's a **** ton of videos out there right now. Whoever posted the vid cheers to you, I for one appreciated it.
You seem like the one who wants to be the final authority here, not me. "This is my opinion, I'm right and let's move on" seems to be the thrust of your argument. I apologise for attributing the link to you, I didn't bother looking back in the thread to check.

We all have our own opinions and mine is that the Internet would be far more useful if it wasn't stuffed to the gills with useless crap from people who haven't a clue what they're talking about. I must admit, I just clicked on the link when it was posted without reading the title. I don't normally watch unboxing videos because I think they're pointless. 9 minutes of some guy taking a DAP out of a box....

Sep 5, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #702 of 2,518
You seem like the one who wants to be the final authority here, not me. "This is my opinion, I'm right and let's move on" seems to be the thrust of your argument. I apologise for attributing the link to you, I didn't bother looking back in the thread to check.

We all have our own opinions and mine is that the Internet would be far more useful if it wasn't stuffed to the gills with useless crap from people who haven't a clue what they're talking about. I must admit, I just clicked on the link when it was posted without reading the title. I don't normally watch unboxing videos because I think they're pointless. 9 minutes of some guy taking a DAP out of a box....

Ok so that was on you, surely you have better stuff to do than drone on about a video. I am the final authority on whether 'I' enoyed the video. My point was what you find useless might be useful to other people. You seem to have a hard time of grasping the concept of 'other' people

I'm done, don't want to muck the thread up anymore. If you want further clarification you can PM me :wink:

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #703 of 2,518
I used to have the N8, and the N3Pro reminds me a lot of it. From the UI, to the sound. Both have that lovely warm tube sound. The N3Pro having the more intimate feel, while N8 a more expansive one. Performance to price-wise the N3Pro is a clear winner I think, with this much to offer it's really good and unique (among the ones in the market). Aesthetically great, solid build, simple UI, quick boot, efficient OS (not consuming too much battery), and many more. Gonna listen once more before going to bed 💤

Sep 5, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #705 of 2,518

Users who are viewing this thread

Back