Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Sep 5, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #706 of 2,518
Most are positive I presume?
Early days. Sifting through

a twitter search of n3pro would probably bring them up (twitter has translate built in).

Its a great way to read early impressions from users of audio products.

*i would read these first excited impressions - then go back a few days later for a ‘more settled in’ range of viewpoints.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #707 of 2,518
To get things back on track, Andrew from musicteck told me the green leather cases will be 29.99 when they get them. A pretty good price.
Holysai distributor in Thailand informed me the green leather cases will be retailing for around 990-1,290 baht when they get them.

Sep 6, 2020 at 1:04 AM Post #710 of 2,518
Reputation in Japan?
It's "Cannot be used when sorted in Pinyin order".
Didn't the more expensive Cayin N8 users complain?
I want a standard sort...
DSC_6158a.jpg

Sep 6, 2020 at 2:44 AM Post #711 of 2,518
The non-existent search function might be a no go for some though, that and the mixed up alphabetical / kanji sorting. It's a good idea to organize all music files into separate folders on the PC beforehand

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2020 at 5:35 AM Post #712 of 2,518
Found short impression in Thai n ThaiHeadphoneClub FB page:

This user really love the tube mode. Did not mention Triode or Ultralinear. He likes tube mode because it sounds very sweet especially for slow songs and vocals. He also love to listen to music on N3PRO before he sleeps at night because of the sweet sound help put him to sleep. I think he uses with Audio 64 IEM
ED77B375-88A0-454A-B6DB-D5E1612D0108.jpeg
but I don’t know which model in the photo.

Sep 6, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #713 of 2,518
Found short impression in Thai n ThaiHeadphoneClub FB page:

This user really love the tube mode. Did not mention Triode or Ultralinear. He likes tube mode because it sounds very sweet especially for slow songs and vocals. He also love to listen to music on N3PRO before he sleeps at night because of the sweet sound help put him to sleep. I think he uses with Audio 64 IEM ED77B375-88A0-454A-B6DB-D5E1612D0108.jpegbut I don’t know which model in the photo.
Looks like U12t

Sep 6, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #714 of 2,518
The non-existent search function might be a no go for some though, that and the mixed up alphabetical / kanji sorting. It's a good idea to organize all music files into separate folders on the PC beforehand

I as a Japanese, personally don't use list by songs, but Astell & Kern players are sorted like following, and it is way easier for us to go through the library than mixed up order in Cayin OS (or Hiby OS?).
1. Hiragana/Katakana (in order)
2. Kanji (probably in order of on-yomi of the first kanji)
3. Alphabet
4. Numbers

Sep 6, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #717 of 2,518
Not many mentioning the solid state output. I guess that's to be expected with 2 different tube modes.

It is there and it is good, but it is not the eye-candy of the design :D

Sep 6, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #718 of 2,518
Not many mentioning the solid state output. I guess that's to be expected with 2 different tube modes.

For me 3.5 SS I will treat it as non exist, not worth a time to listen when those 2 tube mode are superior but I don't know how good the 4.4, still not have a cable to test.

I start to know why many people love to use tube amp, I never understand why they are trying to alter the original sound with tube. After experienced myself and start to fall for the sweet and smoothness of Triode mode when listening to slow music, really laid back and relaxing.

The UL mode is suitable almost genres except the song with fast attack bass, I found the bass is too bloat and too slow for my liking, maybe my IEM is not synergy will with N3P.

Sep 6, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #719 of 2,518
I imagine both SS outs are faster on bass attacks than the tube modes. Although from the schematic it looks that the tubes are part of the SS circuit, so it's not 100% tube amplification if I'm following things correctly.

That's why I thought the n3p would sound different than just using a say using a little bear tube amp in my audio chain. I figure the n3p would be a little cleaner sounding and I hate to stack things.

Sep 6, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #720 of 2,518
For me 3.5 SS I will treat it as non exist, not worth a time to listen when those 2 tube mode are superior but I don't know how good the 4.4, still not have a cable to test.

I start to know why many people love to use tube amp, I never understand why they are trying to alter the original sound with tube. After experienced myself and start to fall for the sweet and smoothness of Triode mode when listening to slow music, really laid back and relaxing.

The UL mode is suitable almost genres except the song with fast attack bass, I found the bass is too bloat and too slow for my liking, maybe my IEM is not synergy will with N3P.

The bass might tighten up with some burn in??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back