Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Aug 16, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #376 of 2,518
The Dap did not even came out and all ready talking about Mods? This forum is getting more crazy has days go by...
No need for a crazy mod, just strap a little bear to it! :ksc75smile:

1597577938543.png

Aug 16, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #377 of 2,518
No need for a crazy mod, just strap a little bear to it! :ksc75smile:

Well, the reason for asking isn’t about the mod, but more for the reliability and the end users. What do you do when tubes give out on you ?
Actually your plan makes senses to strap the little bear to it, but then you don’t have UL or Triodes mode

Aug 16, 2020 at 8:03 AM Post #378 of 2,518
The Dap did not even came out and all ready talking about Mods? This forum is getting more crazy has days go by...
You should demo the SP2000 mod such an improvement.

Aug 16, 2020 at 8:07 AM Post #379 of 2,518
Well, the reason for asking isn’t about the mod, but more for the reliability and the end users. What do you do when tubes give out on you ?
Actually your plan makes senses to strap the little bear to it, but then you don’t have UL or Triodes mode
Yes, tube reliability and longevity are valid concerns. So we wonder how easy they are to replace. Since Cayin have bought most of the available stock of tubes, we wonder how people can get their hands on them.

I was making a bit of a joke about the little bear, why stack a tube amp to a DAP which has tubes but I wonder how the little bear stacks up to the Cayin. Having a stack can be a bit of a pain though...............

Aug 16, 2020 at 8:48 AM Post #382 of 2,518
In audio world, in people world, nothing is perfect, only some heads here in forum thinks that their statement is perfect, of course my post was to joke with the situation, this thread is about cayin n3 pro, not about Mods, or personal haters,I can not say any thing without the SP2000 hater comes from the deaths... let's start to ear some real opinions about the cayin

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #385 of 2,518
tubes, atomic nuclear power options but NO one talked about the GUI / database & sorting options
Pls show more of the database. File limitation; sorting options (for example genre -> artist -> album -> title, FiiO M7-> M11 is very, very simple in sorting and cannot sort as shown). I hope the database of Cayin is better....? show me more, tubes and other gimmicks are just gimmicks but a REALLY GOOD player offers a perfect OS / GUI / database!

Aug 16, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #386 of 2,518
My expe
tubes, atomic nuclear power options but NO one talked about the GUI / database & sorting options
Pls show more of the database. File limitation; sorting options (for example genre -> artist -> album -> title, FiiO M7-> M11 is very, very simple in sorting and cannot sort as shown). I hope the database of Cayin is better....? show me more, tubes and other gimmicks are just gimmicks but a REALLY GOOD player offers a perfect OS / GUI / database!
I guess many of us are more interested in sound quality. I've never chosen what to listen to by genre so I'm not at all interested in sorting options.

Aug 16, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #387 of 2,518

N3pro GUI is identical to N8, so everything in previous N8 reviews describing the interface is still applicable.

Aug 16, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #389 of 2,518
N3pro GUI is identical to N8, so everything in previous N8 reviews describing the interface is still applicable.

OK, just played with it more, sorry, didn't have a chance to take pictures yet:

The main screen, to which you get to by long pressing home touch button, has Folders (to browse micro SD card or OTG storage, and also option to Scan music), Artist (lists artists in alphabetical order and under each artist lists its albums in alphabetical order), Albums (list albums in alphabetical order), Genre (based on ID3 tags), Songs (all the songs in alphabetical order), and List which has a link to Recent Played Songs, My Favorites (songs you tagged as Fav), and Playlists (created playlist).

Below these 6 links, you have a small window with a currently playing song you can tap on to access Playback screen, also accessible by short tap of home touch button. From any screen, you swipe up to bring up Music Setting menu and System Setting menu. Or you swipe down to open Notification bar with shortcuts to Gain setting, Tube/Solid stage switch, Triode/Ultralinear switch, Headphone out/Line Out switch, DSD output, Bluetooth on/off, USB/DAC switch for usb-c port, and Idle Shut down on/off. Also, in notification bar you have brightness control and link to About were you find info about the DAP (fw, etc.) and capacity of the micro SD card (no internal storage, only micro SD).

Considering 3.2" touch screen and how all the settings/options are accessible from swipe up/down and home button and on a screen, everything is optimized for single hand operation/navigation.

Aug 16, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #390 of 2,518
OK, just played with it more, sorry, didn't have a chance to take pictures yet:

The main screen, to which you get to by long pressing home touch button, has Folders (to browse micro SD card or OTG storage, and also option to Scan music), Artist (lists artists in alphabetical order and under each artist lists its albums in alphabetical order), Albums (list albums in alphabetical order), Genre (based on ID3 tags), Songs (all the songs in alphabetical order), and List which has a link to Recent Played Songs, My Favorites (songs you tagged as Fav), and Playlists (created playlist).

Below these 6 links, you have a small window with a currently playing song you can tap on to access Playback screen, also accessible by short tap of home touch button. From any screen, you swipe up to bring up Music Setting menu and System Setting menu. Or you swipe down to open Notification bar with shortcuts to Gain setting, Tube/Solid stage switch, Triode/Ultralinear switch, Headphone out/Line Out switch, DSD output, Bluetooth on/off, USB/DAC switch for usb-c port, and Idle Shut down on/off. Also, in notification bar you have brightness control and link to About were you find info about the DAP (fw, etc.) and capacity of the micro SD card (no internal storage, only micro SD).

Considering 3.2" touch screen and how all the settings/options are accessible from swipe up/down and home button and on a screen, everything is optimized for single hand operation/navigation.
Alex, how snappy (or not) is the GUI?
I plan to use a 400GB microSD card, probably 500 albums or so, and worried that navigation & scrolling might be slooooow (think FiiO X5III......)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back