Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
May 31, 2021 at 12:38 AM Post #2,132 of 2,518
@Andykong

Any chance to get the cable-based remote control support or is that technical not possible?

Not a difficult task if we do it at the time of product development, but even with that, we can only end up with imperfect support because in-line remote control is not standardized. On top of that, low quality in-line remote control will introduce noise and hum to the audio chain. we received numerous complaint and return products because of that, thanks to the no-question-ask return policy.

Adding the feature after the PCB is finalized is a lot more difficult, we have no plan to this new features to N3Pro.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 31, 2021 at 6:35 AM Post #2,133 of 2,518
@Andykong and how about other bugs?
1. Album art in song list shows only at first 5 songs (see above posts).
2. Ghost touch button "play mode" at the left of "···" button on playing screen. invisible, but works.
3. Volume wheel precision: at 1 wheel tick volume increase/decrease sometimes 1 percent, sometimes 2%.
4 Sometimes screen glithes when I scroll lists.

May 31, 2021 at 6:55 AM Post #2,134 of 2,518
@Andykong and how about other bugs?
1. Album art in song list shows only at first 5 songs (see above posts).
2. Ghost touch button "play mode" at the left of "···" button on playing screen. invisible, but works.
3. Volume wheel precision: at 1 wheel tick volume increase/decrease sometimes 1 percent, sometimes 2%.
4 Sometimes screen glithes when I scroll lists.

Not all bugs are software solvable, especially items that happens randomly. Some of the problem you mentioned are hardware issues.

You have to trust us that we have put it a lot of resource to rectify all the bugs within our reach.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jun 2, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #2,136 of 2,518
Hi,

I recently bought an N3pro and today I started using them. My dap doesn't show the artwork. I'm doing something wrong? I put a file called cover.jpg inside the folder of all albums but nothing happens.
It doesn't work with artwork files that are "too big". As for what is too big, well the official answer is 1000*1000 pixels but it seems that it generally loads a bit more than that just fine... (might load a bit longer than usual though) But not everything and some files of several MBs are most likely too much. Can you just check something with very simple and small artwork like 100*100 and see if that works? Might also be depending on where your artwork files come from, just try with some small .jpg file from google Image search.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #2,137 of 2,518
It doesn't work with artwork files that are "too big". As for what is too big, well the official answer is 1000*1000 pixels but it seems that it generally loads a bit more than that just fine... (might load a bit longer than usual though) But not everything and some files of several MBs are most likely too much. Can you just check something with very simple and small artwork like 100*100 and see if that works? Might also be depending on where your artwork files come from, just try with some small .jpg file from google Image search.

Thank you !

Jun 4, 2021 at 8:12 PM Post #2,140 of 2,518
Just received my N3 Pro right now. First Cayin Product.

Dropped Michael Bolton – A Symphony Of Hits (2019) 24bit/44,1kHz Hi-Res album, paired with Sennheiser IE300, Tubes turned on, Hi-Gain, Triode mode, and I have to say I'm impressed.

Then installed the latest firmware and got even more impressed with what I'm hearing...I haven't even paired it with UM MEST yet, but I know things are only going to get better with that pairing.

I think I'm going to sell My Sony ZX500 Walkman, this thing absolutely rocks and has all the features I need with desktop DAC like power (Balanced).

Does this get even better with hours of burn-in like the ZX500?

Well done Cayin. Very happy customer here.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #2,141 of 2,518
Guys, sorry for the all noob questions here, but unfortunately the support from Cayin it's totally amateur. One more question for you guys:

It's safe to charge the DAP when I use the tubes?

And another question:

How to use two-way Bluetooth, I tried to connect the two devices (my cellphone and a Bluetooth speaker with LDAC, and didn't work)?

Jun 6, 2021 at 6:33 PM Post #2,142 of 2,518
Guys, sorry for the all noob questions here, but unfortunately the support from Cayin it's totally amateur. One more question for you guys:

It's safe to charge the DAP when I use the tubes?

And another question:

How to use two-way Bluetooth, I tried to connect the two devices (my cellphone and a Bluetooth speaker with LDAC, and didn't work)?
The tubes were picked for their very low heat, so it’s safe to use the tubes while you charge - I do it often using the N3Pro as USB DAC and it doesn’t get very hot at all. It’s the advantage of having no Quick Charge.

Two-way BT means it can act as either a BT receiver or emitter, not both at the same time. No device does that because it would mangle the stream twice for no benefit.

Jun 7, 2021 at 10:41 PM Post #2,143 of 2,518
Picked up an N3Pro second hand, love it!!!! However, volume knob is wonky, I have to either put extra inward pressure on the back or outward pressure on the front to get the wheel to register. Since I bought it second hand I doubt I have any warranty coverage, I don't really want to send it in and pay for repairs. Do I have any DIY options, I'm pretty handy with a spider and a guitar pick.

Jun 8, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #2,144 of 2,518
I can't use usb dac mode with my macbook pro - i keep getting message " device disabled using too much power" ... latest fw :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back