Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Feb 19, 2024 at 10:54 AM Post #2,506 of 2,518
Hello guys.
+1 owner of this tube player + green case :)
I have a strange request.
If someone has earlier versions of firmwares .. please share with me. (earlier then 2.3)
I was searching everywhere but cant find.
Thanks in advance!

Feb 20, 2024 at 8:39 AM Post #2,507 of 2,518
Cayin has just announced N3Pro
  • Dual AK4493 DAC
  • Fully balanced design with 4.4mm and 3.5mm phone out
  • Powerful 800mW@32Ω Balanced Headphone output
  • Tube and Solid Dual Timbre (3.5mm single-ended only)
  • Triode and Ultra-linear Mode (3.5mm Tube only)
  • 2 line out, 2 digital out, USB DAC
  • Hi-Res Wireless DAC

Price: below US$500 (TBC)
Availability: Mid August (vary among countries)

Kind reminder:
The USB DAC function is implemented in Asynchronous transmission mode. we cannot provide real-time isochronous USB mode for USB DAC function. If lipsync is a deal breaker to you, we are sorry. :beerchug:
My n3pro won't charge. What should i do?

Feb 20, 2024 at 9:01 AM Post #2,509 of 2,518
Mar 1, 2024 at 9:08 PM Post #2,510 of 2,518
Cayin will debut a new DAP at CanJam New York 2024. The N3Ultra is a long overdue update to the beloved N3Pro and this is the second portable product in the Cayin lineup embracing the Gen3 Vacuum Tube Audio Circuit.
Check out the MusicTack booth if you are visiting CanJam New York 2024. More details will be available by coming Thursday right before the CanJam event, so please subscribe to the N3Ultra thread and stay tuned.

Image_20240302082814.jpg

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 1, 2024 at 9:10 PM Post #2,511 of 2,518
Cayin will debut a new DAP at CanJam New York 2024. The N3Ultra is a long overdue update to the beloved N3Pro and this is the second portable product in the Cayin lineup embracing the Gen3 Vacuum Tube Audio Circuit.
Check out the MusicTack booth if you are visiting CanJam New York 2024. More details will be available by coming Thursday right before the CanJam event, so please subscribe to the N3Ultra thread and stay tuned.

Will this one have a functional volume wheel?

Apr 18, 2024 at 1:22 AM Post #2,512 of 2,518
My n3pro died today. I don't think I did anything, just wouldn't turn on, though fully charged according to the last time I checked ... though it was on in a bag I don't think it overheated but maybe. No headphones were connected.

I tried to charge it again on the same 2 outlets and no green or red circle ... outlets do power other devices.

Is there a way to reboot/reset?

or get a coupon from Cayin towards a n3ultra?

Apr 18, 2024 at 1:37 AM Post #2,513 of 2,518
My n3pro died today. I don't think I did anything, just wouldn't turn on, though fully charged according to the last time I checked ... though it was on in a bag I don't think it overheated but maybe. No headphones were connected.

I tried to charge it again on the same 2 outlets and no green or red circle ... outlets do power other devices.

Is there a way to reboot/reset?

or get a coupon from Cayin towards a n3ultra?

If the battery has completely drained, you need to connect the DAP to a standard 5V2A charger (not QC type), let it run for 30 minutes in pulse charging, normally this will resume the battery and start regular charging like normal again.

If you need further support or need any repair arrangement, contact your dealer first, or contact our service team at service@cayin.cn if you cannot contact your dealer.

Apr 18, 2024 at 6:16 AM Post #2,515 of 2,518
Can you suggest a device that does pulse charge? I have Tronsmart 5v 3a but it doesn't say pulse charge mode anywhere.

Maybe pulse charge is not a good word.

Standard USB charge will perform cell qualification tests making sure that the cell voltage is within a certain voltage range at the beginning of each charge (handshaking process), If the voltage is too low, it will slow-charge the cell to prevent damage. Once the cell voltage gets back to the acceptable range, the charge will resume regular charging protocol. I believe this is part of the USB 2.0 charging standard, so any non-quick-charge USB charger (5V1A or 5V2A) should be able to handle this.

I assume you have older USB charger from previous mobile phone? Your Tronsmart is an USB PD Type-C 48W Charger 1x USB-C Power Delivery port output 30W (5V/3A, 9V/3A, 15V/2A), I am not sure if it is fully down-compatible with standard USB 2.0, and I want to remind you that the N3Pro does not support PD charging.

1713435346561.png

Apr 20, 2024 at 2:24 AM Post #2,516 of 2,518
Thanks Andy! After trying several different chargers, suddenly the n3pro lit up again and works great. It recharged up to 100% pretty fast, so I'm not sure what the issue was, doesn't seem like it lost full charge and fully recharged so quickly, but who knows. The tronsmart did not work, nor did another generic usb charger, but an older cheap one did fine. Your suggestion is the way to go for people looking for help with this issue.

Apr 20, 2024 at 3:31 AM Post #2,517 of 2,518
Thanks Andy! After trying several different chargers, suddenly the n3pro lit up again and works great. It recharged up to 100% pretty fast, so I'm not sure what the issue was, doesn't seem like it lost full charge and fully recharged so quickly, but who knows. The tronsmart did not work, nor did another generic usb charger, but an older cheap one did fine. Your suggestion is the way to go for people looking for help with this issue.
Glad to know your DAP is back to business.

The N3Pro didn't support any fast charging protocol, so when you run into any problem like a drain battery or unresponsive battery management routine, a good old USB 2.0 charger is your best bet.

Apr 20, 2024 at 9:19 AM Post #2,518 of 2,518
Yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back