Cayin N30LE DAP: A Transformative Milestone (30th Anniv. Limited Edition)
Oct 29, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #1,771 of 2,982
I can’t seem to replicate it every time though. It randomly happens 🤷🏽‍♂️ strange
Same...mine was inconsistent....one day nothing...the next day it was back. I literally thought I may be going out of my mind. So yes, very random.

Oct 29, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #1,772 of 2,982
Same...mine was inconsistent....one day nothing...the next day it was back. I literally thought I may be going out of my mind. So yes, very random.
And it was always RIGHT channel

Oct 29, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #1,773 of 2,982
FWIW I had the same issue and the kind folks at MusicTeck tested and confirmed to me that the right channel had a higher white noise level. It was prevalent at beginning of both streaming and local file playback. A mini static that was intermittent but audible. Only in hyper and classic tube like you said. Solid state was fine. I have been without it for a week and I actually went back to my N8ii I have missed it and can't wait for it's return. Mine was from the rebiased batch. It didn't matter what cable...Centurion, Orpheus, Anni stock or what IEM I was utilizing. Fingers crossed my replacement unit will not have this issue.
That's a bummer if it appeared on a rebiased one too

Oct 29, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #1,774 of 2,982
A question that I couldn't figure out: the ability to connect a hot spot to iPhone? My N8ii has an icon in settings that I could connect. I couldn't figure out how or where to on the N30LE. Can you connect via hotspot?

Oct 29, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #1,775 of 2,982
A question that I couldn't figure out: the ability to connect a hot spot to iPhone? My N8ii has an icon in settings that I could connect. I couldn't figure out how or where to on the N30LE. Can you connect via hotspot?
Don't have N30LE yet but am very sure it works.
A hot spot shouldn't be different from your normal wifi router sign in procedure

Oct 29, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #1,776 of 2,982
Hello everybody. :wink: I watching this thread from beginning, because i searching DAP for me. Due to troubles with hissing and hard to order N30LE here in Europe, i finaly decide other DAP. Anyway this DAP look very nice and i believe, top one. I hope Cayin soon solve this problem and all costumers will be happy. :wink:

Question for Cayin. If this problem with hissing are really about setting of quiescent current of the amplifier topology, why you not send to services around the world manual (Description) how to setting correctly this current in input differential stage of analog amplifier and avoid to sending device back to Cayin? Iam electro engeneer and this is not that unique situation. This can happend. Setting are easy. Need only multimeter, Low band frequency generator, oscilloscope for control function of amp. Nothing huge. But of course, this is only my idea. And if there really is a problem with current setting. :wink:

Oct 29, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #1,777 of 2,982
Hello everybody. :wink: I watching this thread from beginning, because i searching DAP for me. Due to troubles with hissing and hard to order N30LE here in Europe, i finaly decide other DAP. Anyway this DAP look very nice and i believe, top one. I hope Cayin soon solve this problem and all costumers will be happy. :wink:

Question for Cayin. If this problem with hissing are really about setting of quiescent current of the amplifier topology, why you not send to services around the world manual (Description) how to setting correctly this current in input differential stage of analog amplifier and avoid to sending device back to Cayin? Iam electro engeneer and this is not that unique situation. This can happend. Setting are easy. Need only multimeter, Low band frequency generator, oscilloscope for control function of amp. Nothing huge. But of course, this is only my idea. And if there really is a problem with current setting. :wink:
They could never do this for warranty /insurance reasons.

Oct 29, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #1,778 of 2,982
you can not create a hotspot with N30 nor with other DAP.
But you can connect with all DAPs to a hotspot.

First, you must create a hotspot on your phone.
When you create a hotspot on you phone you will see a SSID (hotspot name) and a password.

You go to the WiFi settings on N30 and search for the hotspot you created on your phone in which you type the password shown on your phone bellow the hotspot name.

Oct 29, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #1,779 of 2,982
I did just that, but when I was streaming from Apple Music to the DAP, it wouldn't playback my selection and it was on the same network. Just odd.

Oct 29, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #1,781 of 2,982
When you connect to the hotspot
I did just that, but when I was streaming from Apple Music to the DAP, it wouldn't playback my selection and it was on the same network. Just odd.
The purpose of a hotspot is to stream music from your DAP over the cellular connection of your iPhone when you are outside of your house (Outside the WiFi range of your home network).

When you connect with your DAP to the hotspot, then you control the music playback from your DAP and not on your iPhone.
IPhone provides only the hotspot and the cellular connection.

There is an other option to control your DAP from your iPhone.
Therefore you need to download HiBy Cast on your iPhone and activate HiBy cast in the HiBy app on your DAP.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #1,782 of 2,982
I feel fortunate that there are so many amazing options out there from people and companies that put a lot of time, love and effort into designing and building what they think delivers the best sound and experience.
I personally like the SP3000 a lot (have not made a detailed comparison to the N30LE) and likely will not, since the little time I have free for enjoying music, I want to do just that: Enjoy music rather than analyzing nuances between devices. I actually enjoy the variety and the differences different devices (DAPs, IEMs) bring to the music enjoyment. Since I am new to the Android world, I am still struggling a little with the N30LE and I need to learn more about the user interface, which is hard, because I know how to play music and find it difficult to not listen to music when having the Cayin in my hand, but spend time figuring our the operation. There are also little things that I find odd with the operation. For example when I listen to Qobuz via the Qobuz app I need to swipe up to unlock, but when I listen via the HiBy app I need to swipe to the right. I wish Cayin would make it possible to use it as a Roon endpoint. On a side note, I put a 1Gb card into the Cayin and it reads it without problem, even though it said max size is 512 Gb. I have less than 512 Gb of music on it though and maybe it will not work when I cross that limit. I guess I will find out.
The SP3000 user interface I find very intuitive and clean since a lot of things not needed for music playback are not there. Not sure if there is a way to get the Cayin user interface customized to make it look like an AK player or at least get a similar clean and uncluttered look.
The other extreme for me was the Mojo/Poly and the Hugo2/2Go. I often times was utterly frustrated when I had to struggle to connect the GoFigure app to the Poly or 2Go, or it would randomly disconnect and I had to put my phone into Hotspot mode and turn WiFi on and off to reconnect it. It worked great with Roon, but when out on the go, that was not an option. Also, for me the whole color coding system of information left me scratching my head. Which LED indicates how full the battery is and what indicates the sample rate and so forth. While I enjoy the clever design and the manufacturing, I did not want to have to memorize button combinations to operate a device and so I ended up selling it.
I am glad I had the chance to try out a variety of different devices. Some of them I found were not for me, sometimes due to the sound, sometimes due to ergonomics or usability, sometimes because I just did not fall in love with it. With others I just love the sound, the look and the feel of it and it is a keeper for me.
Lastly, I also find it immensely valuable to be able to have a forum like this and benefit from the experience and opinions of audiophiles much more discerning and experienced than myself.
SP3k is brilliant DAP , while I prefer N30 sound vise Due to the more dynamic and impactful presentation. However, if I can only have one , It will be SP3k. Great interface , very intuitive and great sound. Only real complain with SP3k is battery life

Oct 29, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #1,783 of 2,982
For the mean time, please give HiByCast a try, it is a system wide remote control through mirroring N30LE to your mobile phone.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cay...xplored-frontier.966860/page-70#post-17535152
Have been playing around with HiByCast, and while it is a little clunky it is a workable solution. I installed Roon Arc on the N30LE and was able to install HiByCast on my Mac laptop. Since HiByCast is a systemwide control, I can mirror to Cayin on my laptop and control Roon Arc on the N30LE that way.
Still hope that Cayin will work on making this wonderful DAP work as a Roon Endpoint.

Oct 29, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #1,784 of 2,982
SP3k is brilliant DAP , while I prefer N30 sound vise Due to the more dynamic and impactful presentation. However, if I can only have one , It will be SP3k. Great interface , very intuitive and great sound. Only real complain with SP3k is battery life
Pssst
I don't want to regret trading in my Sp3k too much 😉

Oct 29, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #1,785 of 2,982
Pssst
I don't want to regret trading in my Sp3k too much 😉
Let me fix this. SP3k such a horrible device . My 10 years old Ipod is so much better))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back