Cayin N30LE DAP: A Transformative Milestone (30th Anniv. Limited Edition)
Nov 12, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #2,013 of 2,987
UAPP what it is for ? My player seem to be working fine
It's a 3rd party apps if you don't want to use the cayin or hiby apps to play music. It has more tweaking function and shows more information about your music (bit rate, etc.). It's a paid apps though.
Paid once a few years ago. Still working on all players. Any problems getting fixed in short time.
UI is very logically organized. Qobuz and Tidal integrated (offline playing excluded, Qobuz my ). Sound quality is usually better than native players. Some deny it. You can try, there was a trial period once, it shall be still so.

I use it whenever possible (except for Qobuz 'my weekly queue', but now I will request it to be implemented)

Nov 12, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #2,014 of 2,987
Settings > System > Fn Function Key Settings > tap Flip Vertical to reverse back and forward buttons. Key Lock = default.

Screenshot_20231108-160612.png Screenshot_20231108-160617.pngScreenshot_20231108-160622.png
Are other users able to reverse the back and forward buttons?

When I click on Flip Vertical it does absolutely nothing to the back and forward buttons... Why on earth is something like this simple task so difficult and actually impossible for me to do?

I done a factory reset and a fresh 1.3 update with clearing the cashe before and after but this all made absolutely no difference which is Extremely frustrating to say the least...

Nov 12, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #2,015 of 2,987
Are other users able to reverse the back and forward buttons?

When I click on Flip Vertical it does absolutely nothing to the back and forward buttons... Why on earth is something like this simple task so difficult and actually impossible for me to do?

I done a factory reset and a fresh 1.3 update with clearing the cashe before and after but this all made absolutely no difference which is Extremely frustrating to say the least...
Mine didn't work either. I am also on 1.3

Nov 12, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #2,016 of 2,987
It's a 3rd party apps if you don't want to use the cayin or hiby apps to play music. It has more tweaking function and shows more information about your music (bit rate, etc.). It's a paid apps though.
its not required for standalone qobuz or tidal ?

Nov 12, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #2,017 of 2,987
Another alternative to UAPP is Neutron Player. It is a more sophisticate app than UAPP with more options for tweaking the sound. It has DSP and can do 16x upsampling. it can fetch multiple sources into one Library (content from SD Card + multiple shared folders on a NAS storage) kinda like a essential Roon substitute for users with a network library.

The GUI is bare bone and not so polished as other apps and has no Tidal or Qobuz integration.

It can be found on Play Store. It has a 5 day free trial period, after which it will cost around $10 for a one time payment.

I will post below some settings from user Whitigir which i will compliment because the app interface has changed a little bit since then.

primary steps:
After library scan is completed,
1. Go to Settings (Gear Icon top right corner) > Profile > check Bit-perfect

2. Setting > playback > 64-bit Processing . Then tap out and swipe up to close the app completely

3. Setting > playback > Resampling > Audiophile

4. setting > connection and controls > stop it output detached > click on play if output attached setting > turn all of them off

5. Audio Hardware > pull Software and Hardware Latency down to
2/2, the lowest you can, whatever !

Upmix On
Dither Off
Ultrasonic filter Off
Hardware gain Off
Audio Focus On
Direct USB access On
DSD over PCM On
OverSampling On —-> 16X !
Follow Source frequency On

If you want to add additional folders from a NAS to your library afterwards, go to:

Settings > Media Library > Sources>tapp + sign > Network > Network View > wlan0 > select your NAS > check Folders > click on gear symbol below > put in your user and password for your NAS

Attachments

• IMG_5448.jpeg
    IMG_5448.jpeg
    370.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 12, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #2,018 of 2,987
Mine didn't work either. I am also on 1.3
Many Thanks. So it's not just me then... This is something that definitely needs fixing as I absolutely hate the back button beside the power button...

Nov 12, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #2,019 of 2,987
Many Thanks. So it's not just me then... This is something that definitely needs fixing as I absolutely hate the back button beside the power button...
Also Volume in the top left corner is not displayed correctly when it is changed in Tidal and other apps.
It is not something that bothers me, but it should be fixed because it shows that something is wrong with the communication between Cayin firmware and Android.

Nov 12, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #2,020 of 2,987
Here it is friends, my full review of the brand new UM Amber Pearl IEM! This is a share from the Watercooler, but I thought you all would like to read it as well. It was big one for me, quite a lot of work went into it, so I really hope you all enjoy!

You can check it out here.

TKP - AP Review -  1.jpg

Nov 12, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #2,021 of 2,987
Here it is friends, my full review of the brand new UM Amber Pearl IEM! This is a share from the Watercooler, but I thought you all would like to read it as well. It was big one for me, quite a lot of work went into it, so I really hope you all enjoy!

TKP - AP Review -  1.jpg
Hands down, the best and most authentic review i've red, the effort shines through.

Nov 12, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #2,022 of 2,987

Great and very honnest review. Congrats...

May be using the N30 as the source could have removed the last concern you still have about the AP sounding since AP is suposed to be tuned for the Cayin N30 ?

Now, as a happy owner of a N30 AP Combo, I am very interested by your Cable recomendation. Initially I was considering upgrading to the BA YATOMO Ultimate (4W) but your description of the synergy with the RSD CF intrigueded me.... I guess this is this purple cables: the Fantasies Copper at $ 3.380 ? Did you buy it direct from Rhapsodio ?

Also, in another thread I think you mentioned that the EA Chrion 8W is "fantastic with the UM AP". Will you recommend it over the RSD CF or BA Yatomo or Shiro ?

thanks again for all the valuable information that you bring to us...

Capture d’écran 2023-11-12 à 21.23.00.png

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #2,023 of 2,987
So after I and @kleimart did some preliminary testing without issues (besides still looking for how to play native DSD) I will now kindly post Davy's instruction for any UApp Pro user who wants to try UApp beta with N30LE

* Open the Play Store app.
* At the top right, tap the profile icon.
* Tap Manage apps & devices and then Installed.
* Select USB Audio Player PRO
* Under 'Join the beta' tap Join and then Join.

The current beta is supporting N30LE internal DAC though Davy couldn't test it thoroughly lacking an own N30LE.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2023 at 12:30 AM Post #2,024 of 2,987
Great and very honnest review. Congrats...

May be using the N30 as the source could have removed the last concern you still have about the AP sounding since AP is suposed to be tuned for the Cayin N30 ?

Now, as a happy owner of a N30 AP Combo, I am very interested by your Cable recomendation. Initially I was considering upgrading to the BA YATOMO Ultimate (4W) but your description of the synergy with the RSD CF intrigueded me.... I guess this is this purple cables: the Fantasies Copper at $ 3.380 ? Did you buy it direct from Rhapsodio ?

Also, in another thread I think you mentioned that the EA Chrion 8W is "fantastic with the UM AP". Will you recommend it over the RSD CF or BA Yatomo or Shiro ?

thanks again for all the valuable information that you bring to us...

Capture d’écran 2023-11-12 à 21.23.00.png
I’m so glad you liked the review, it was a doozy to write. I’d like to try the N30 combo at some point, it’s supposed to be fabulous. Unfortunately it’s way too big for me to consider as a daily user, I need something pocketable.

For cables both of what you asked about are fabulous with different takes. The Chiron with AP is one of my favorites, I didn’t include it in the review since I only heard it briefly, but it was similar to Shiro in many ways, with a bit more warmth in the lower mids. Shiro is a bit more neutral, Chiron is slightly more colored and warm. The Rhapsodio is currently on load from RSD for review, should be next year so stay tuned. Yes that’s the one in your link. It’s an astonishing cable, much more tight and punchy than the others, with a good deal more energy and sharper transients. Ergo isn’t great, but the sound is fantastic.

If you have more questions please feel free to PM me

Nov 13, 2023 at 5:57 AM Post #2,025 of 2,987
Hi , N30LE's owners: Has anyone tried it with Jewel and Orpheus S?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back