Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Dec 15, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #6,046 of 6,262
I just plugged my n3 into my pc and it is failing to recognize. I did a factory reset, that didn't work. I updated the firmware and that didn't work. I'm struggling to fix this. Anybody out there have any ideas?

Dec 15, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #6,047 of 6,262
I just plugged my n3 into my pc and it is failing to recognize. I did a factory reset, that didn't work. I updated the firmware and that didn't work. I'm struggling to fix this. Anybody out there have any ideas?

It is likely the cable. Try another.

Dec 15, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #6,048 of 6,262

It is likely the cable. Try another.

My PC would not recognize the N3 when I used the original cable. I bought a new one on Amazon which did work... I would have returned the cable if it had not worked. At first I refused to believe it could be the cable's fault... but I was wrong.

Dec 15, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #6,049 of 6,262
My PC would not recognize the N3 when I used the original cable. I bought a new one on Amazon which did work... I would have returned the cable if it had not worked. At first I refused to believe it could be the cable's fault... but I was wrong.

The first and only time

Dec 15, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #6,051 of 6,262
Dec 15, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #6,053 of 6,262
Dec 16, 2018 at 12:51 AM Post #6,054 of 6,262
The zoning issue is a hardware issue, we can't create a null area in the capacitive sensor, this is not possible with the capacitive chip we used in N3. Sorry for unable to offer a solution.
Thanks, Andy. That makes sense.

The only other niggling issue I have with the N3 is the inability to have separate headphone and Bluetooth volume control. I use a Bluetooth speaker regularly, but the ideal volume is 80 for the speaker and 25 for my headphones. I've set the boot volume to 25, but it'd be nice to have an auto Bluetooth volume when a device is paired.

Dec 24, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #6,055 of 6,262
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

We would like to express our sincerest appreciation to every comer in this thread for your patience and kind suggestion to Cayin during the whole year!

We are looking to continue the journey of sound with you in 2019!

圣诞节海报.jpg

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 24, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #6,056 of 6,262
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

We would like to express our sincerest appreciation to every comer in this thread for your patience and kind suggestion to Cayin during the whole year!

We are looking to continue the journey of sound with you in 2019!

And to all of you and your families as well.

Dec 25, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #6,057 of 6,262
most wonderful.gif

Dec 26, 2018 at 2:00 AM Post #6,058 of 6,262
has anyone tried using the jabra elite 65t wireless headphones with the N3? in theory they should be able to connect just fine but my N3 won't find it when searching. I checked jabra's faq and while it seems to say that they are "optimized" for phones, nothing specifies that they are only for phones or that it requires android or iOS. has anyone paired these successfully? or are most wireless headphones just not actually compatible with a device that isn't a phone?

Dec 26, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #6,059 of 6,262
has anyone tried using the jabra elite 65t wireless headphones with the N3? in theory they should be able to connect just fine but my N3 won't find it when searching. I checked jabra's faq and while it seems to say that they are "optimized" for phones, nothing specifies that they are only for phones or that it requires android or iOS. has anyone paired these successfully? or are most wireless headphones just not actually compatible with a device that isn't a phone?
Hi; I don't owe the Jabra, but they should be recognized like any wireless device. They are using bluetooth 5 vs the v.4 the N3 is using, but they should work, as the v.5 is backwards compatible. Have you tried to pair another device to check if they were recognized by your N3? Also, once you're in bluetooth mode activated, modify the bluetooth settings to see if there is any difference (HiBy Link OFF, apt-X OFF or both on and try to connect).
This being said, the Jabra seem to be good, but not the best earphones for music and since the Cayin N3 is a dedicated music player, you may want to try better phones to get the best experience out of them: I was using KZ-ES4 IEMs with the N3 and was never satisfied with the sound, despite DocHolliday's excellent recommendations re: equalizer settings (thanks Doc!). I switched to the KZ-ZSR and the difference was huge, the sound was excellent, much more powerful and I didn't need to play with the EQ settings that much. I now have the KZ-AS10 and the sound is fantastic, even without an amp. That is to be considered, of course only in case the Jabra are the only phones you are using :wink:

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2018 at 12:00 AM Post #6,060 of 6,262
Hi; I don't owe the Jabra, but they should be recognized like any wireless device. They are using bluetooth 5 vs the v.4 the N3 is using, but they should work, as the v.5 is backwards compatible. Have you tried to pair another device to check if they were recognized by your N3? Also, once you're in bluetooth mode activated, modify the bluetooth settings to see if there is any difference (HiBy Link OFF, apt-X OFF or both on and try to connect).
This being said, the Jabra seem to be good, but not the best earphones for music and since the Cayin N3 is a dedicated music player, you may want to try better phones to get the best experience out of them: I was using KZ-ES4 IEMs with the N3 and was never satisfied with the sound, despite DocHolliday's excellent recommendations re: equalizer settings (thanks Doc!). I switched to the KZ-ZSR and the difference was huge, the sound was excellent, much more powerful and I didn't need to play with the EQ settings that much. I now have the KZ-AS10 and the sound is fantastic, even without an amp. That is to be considered, of course only in case the Jabra are the only phones you are using :wink:

Yeah because of all that in theory they should work just fine! But nothing shows up under available devices. I'll have to toggle the different settings and see if it makes a difference.

Also yeah I'm using these as workout headphones so I don't need top notch sound quality. They actually sound really good. I have other wired headphones for more serious listening. I just wanted something wireless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back