Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
May 2, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #5,581 of 6,262
Hello Andy,
I don't know if you remember me, I have corrected the french translation for the N3.
Will you be at the High End 2018 in Munich?
I will go and so I will take the opportunity to greet you :)
Regards
Jerome.
Yes, I'll head to Munich next week, please drop by our booth at Hall 2, we are at one of the corners, if I remember it right we are at booth H12.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 3, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #5,582 of 6,262
Try Fat 32

Didn't work. Thanks anyway.

A corrupted folder or file might cause some issue when N3 perform music scan.

If you have 3500 songs split over 20 folders, please split this into 4-5 rounds when you copy the files to the TF card and use N3 to scan the card after you copied several hundred files.

Alternatively, split you music library into several folders, just name them as Folder 1, Do)Dr 2, Folder 3 ,.... etc, and when you scan music in N3, scan each folder in one time only, see if all folders can pass the music scan successfully.

Yes. This helped me find the cause.
It had to do with files from a specific album. I don't know what was wrong with them, since I can play them in other devices. I removed them and the Cayin N3 was able to update the music library.
Thanks for the help!

May 3, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #5,583 of 6,262

It had to do with files from a specific album. I don't know what was wrong with them, since I can play them in other devices. I removed them and the Cayin N3 was able to update the music library.
Thanks for the help!
Could be something wrong with the tags giving you problems with that particular file or files. I've run into this a few times. The fix for me was to remove all of the tags and then retag them again. I use mp3tag for this. Hope this helps.

May 3, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #5,584 of 6,262

Thanks for the help!

Try to keep them in the TF card and access them via Folder view. If you can playback the files at Folder view but can't complete music scan because of these files, then the problems are related to corrupted ID3 tag.

May 3, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #5,585 of 6,262

Thanks for the help!
It seems that most problems with the tags are 1) characters (UTF) that don't exist in the charset running on the device (mostly accented or trailing spaces) or 2) false-spaces in one of the tags (they look like a space to the eye, but are actually not the unicode 020 whitespace character). You can make an Action in Mp3Tag or use something like TagScanner to convert accented characters to standard ASCII, then run it on all your files. Also, TagScanner can remove excessive whitespace at the end of tag data.

May 5, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #5,587 of 6,262
N3 is our entry-level DAP, I can safely assumed that a lot of people (or current users) are amazed by how much we have squeezed into this little baby.

Well, what if we were given more resource? Will you be interested to find out how far Cayin can go if we were determined to produce a statement product?

The Cayin N8 probably will be expensive when compare to N3, but it is visionary, so coma and check out our new flagship DAP at Munich High End 2018.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cayin-n8-a-keynote-of-our-25th-anniversary.879025/

N8 debut Munich 01.jpg

May 7, 2018 at 9:28 PM Post #5,589 of 6,262
visionary but too expansive for my ..........sorry andy :heavy_dollar_sign: . my N3 that suits me perfectly :peace:

Well, there are always something that we can't afford, but that doesn't stop me from probing into new products, this is sad but exciting to "early adapters". :ksc75smile:

May 8, 2018 at 2:21 AM Post #5,590 of 6,262
you've reason Andy ............... i love Maserati but .................. my car is too small :red_car:............................................ but less expensive :sweat_smile:
my N3 is a very good player and i'm so glad

May 8, 2018 at 4:03 AM Post #5,591 of 6,262
you've reason Andy ............... i love Maserati but .................. my car is too small :red_car:............................................ but less expensive :sweat_smile:
my N3 is a very good player and i'm so glad

I happen to like the rear view of Maserati more than their front view, isn't that strange? :face_palm:

They said some of the technologies of Honda Williams F1 has gradually transfer all the way down to Civic, do you believe that? If yes, that you shouldn't miss the N8 showcase. :beerchug:

May 8, 2018 at 5:56 AM Post #5,592 of 6,262
exactly , in my "little car" i've hightest technogy : rain detecteur, light detecteur , wire pressure detecteur & many others :)
i hope for Cayin a really big succes for your products at Munich 2018, i touch hi fi since a long time, my first amplifier a NAD 60 with JBL decade, Thorens td 125 :nerd:
your new wacuum tube amplifier is wonderful :ok_hand:.
i've a new IEM a Tin Audio T2 and with N3 is perfect ............... for the price :innocent:

May 9, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #5,595 of 6,262
Hi,

I recently dropped my N3 as I was exiting out of my car and I discovered later on that part of the back became exposed. This is preventing it from turning on. I've tried to plug it in and I get a response from the buttons (they blink) but still no screen. I've tried to open it some more to close it but I'm still noticing that it's still partially opened. Is there a way to close this shut to prevent it from opening again while moved around? Also, I've tried not to open it all the way to prevent anything from coming undone. Does anyone know what could be causing the screen to stay black and not come on?

If I need to reach out to Cayin's technical support, what are my options? info@cayin.cn?

Update: I was able to get the device to turn back on again after hitting the reset button. However, I'm still having trouble getting the device to seal completely. I noticed that one corner had a form of sealant glue on it. What would you recommend I use to keep this sealed shut, super glue?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back