Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Apr 19, 2018 at 12:13 AM Post #5,551 of 6,262
Can anyone suggest a nice pair of iem that I can pair up with my n3?..I have a tight budget .Been considering the KZ zst..I don't know about their sound quality that well..but considering my budget it looks like a good choice.Need your opinions!
That is a pretty tight budget.... The kz zsr are generally more well liked, and they're about 10 dollars more...

Apr 19, 2018 at 12:52 AM Post #5,553 of 6,262
Apr 19, 2018 at 2:54 AM Post #5,554 of 6,262
Can anyone suggest a nice pair of iem that I can pair up with my n3?..I have a tight budget .Been considering the KZ zst..I don't know about their sound quality that well..but considering my budget it looks like a good choice.Need your opinions!
I love my Rock Zircon. They have no right to sound so good for so cheap, better than some $100 IEMs I’ve tried. Check out this review: https://audiobudget.com/product/ROCK/Zircon

Apr 19, 2018 at 5:15 AM Post #5,555 of 6,262
I love my Rock Zircon. They have no right to sound so good for so cheap, better than some $100 IEMs I’ve tried. Check out this review: https://audiobudget.com/product/ROCK/Zircon

I agree.
You sang the praises of these last year and I tried a pair. Not perfect, but for less than £10.00 they are the best value for money bargain I've had since I started chasing my perfect sound.

Apr 20, 2018 at 12:38 AM Post #5,560 of 6,262
From Spotify it doesn't recon my N3 even if hiby is working...

I believe that you have to turn off HiBy, since that it using the Bluetooth for control, rather than allowing it to be used for sound.

Apr 20, 2018 at 12:45 AM Post #5,561 of 6,262
I think I can manage that too!! And what about the zs10?I hear it's more balanced
The zs10 is still so new. My pair should arrive in the next few weeks. So far it's been a mixed bag of reactions. The zsr seems to be the safe bet for the time being around 25 dollars

But at the zs10 price you're getting closer to some good stuff, tfz E5, tfz my love ii, ostry kc09 or kc06A, almost into range of the ibasso it01...

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018 at 1:10 AM Post #5,562 of 6,262
The zs10 is still so new. My pair should arrive in the next few weeks. So far it's been a mixed bag of reactions. The zsr seems to be the safe bet for the time being around 25 dollars

But at the zs10 price you're getting closer to some good stuff, tfz E5, tfz my love ii, ostry kc09 or kc06A, almost into range of the ibasso it01...

Thanks..and do let me know about your experience with the zs10 . I'm also considering shure se215 and fiio fh1,but still confused!

Apr 20, 2018 at 5:45 AM Post #5,563 of 6,262
I have the ZST and the ZS5vii. I have to say I prefer the ZSTs and i'm currently using those with my N3. Although the ZS5s have better separation I have found them to be very harsh, brittle sounding. The ZSTs are a bit more fluid, organic. The soundstage is tighter and the resolution is not a good, but I kept going back to them. Oh, and in regards to the ZS5s, the finish is starting to come off and they are really uncomfortable after a while.

I'm super curios about the ZS10s too. I'm toying with those and Tin Audio TS2 for home listening.

Edit: forgot to say my ZSTs are the colourful edition. I had the originals and gave them to my partner, the colourfuls do sound better for some reason.

Apr 22, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #5,565 of 6,262
@ DBaldock9
Plugging into denon receiver or blu-ray ,
was hoping the audio would be available on the hdmi pins..

see 2:32 for audio from phone to TV.
Have an Hdmi audio only input on my Oppo 203 UHD blu-ray player.
WTH might give it a try anyway .."only" $20
Thanks for info

Sorry for my late contribution.

Cayin N3 didn't support Type C to HDMI adapter cable, I don't think there will be audio output from this adapter when you plug this into N3.

The USB Type-C connector can be functioned as a universal connector because it can support “alternate modes”. That basically means that your device switches off the USB connection and allows the use of those physical wires for something else. The HDMI Alt Mode for USB Type-C connector is what we are referring to in this discussion, it allows "HDMI-enabled source devices" to utilize a USB Type-C connector to connect to display device with HDMI inputs. Unfortunately N3 is not a "HDMI-enabled source devices" and it won't support HDMI Alt Mode over its USB Type-C connector, so this cable is unlikely to work with N3.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back