Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Dec 10, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #5,026 of 6,262
Wouldn’t it be lovely if all of us iOS users could actually try HiBy Link... :wink:

Maybe this is result from
Majority android user believed they have inferior dac or to be used as dap. So this is became target market.
It is same with cayin virtue to posititioning dap to be used together with smartphone.
Mean while .....
Majority apple user ipod which going to iphone believed they have good dac even for dap for high quality one.
So hibymusic seen this is smaller market opportunity also almost like competition.
With almost same function as other standalone brand dap, apple user less likely bought separated dap (which these brand should be pay some to hiby also).
One is blending with and one is almost like competition. So it is business perspective i think.

Dec 10, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #5,027 of 6,262
Maybe this is result from
Majority android user believed they have inferior dac or to be used as dap. So this is became target market.
It is same with cayin virtue to posititioning dap to be used together with smartphone.
Mean while .....
Majority apple user ipod which going to iphone believed they have good dac even for dap for high quality one.
So hibymusic seen this is smaller market opportunity also almost like competition.
With almost same function as other standalone brand dap, apple user less likely bought separated dap (which these brand should be pay some to hiby also).
One is blending with and one is almost like competition. So it is business perspective i think.
No matter the reason, we were promised Hiby Link for iOS many months ago. Apparently it's in testing. May even be released. Who knows? I've lost interest - which is not a good place to be if you want to keep your loyal customers happy.

Dec 10, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #5,028 of 6,262
I'm gonna wait for my DAP purchase until the release of iOS version of hibylink

Dec 10, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #5,029 of 6,262
No matter the reason, we were promised Hiby Link for iOS many months ago. Apparently it's in testing. May even be released. Who knows? I've lost interest - which is not a good place to be if you want to keep your loyal customers happy.
IS released - just doesn’t work. (Cannot link via BT with Hiby link turned on ) and yet ironically this failure makes it more likely I will buy Hiby R6 DAP

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #5,030 of 6,262
IS released - just doesn’t work. (Cannot link via BT with Hiby link turned on ) and yet ironically this failure makes it more likely I will buy Hiby R6 DAP

I think HIBY working on their own DAP has likely directed their attention away from software development for competing DAP's. Cayin, Shanling, etc. can't control what Hiby does, and have made that clear from the beginning. If Hiby drops the ball on stuff like this, it makes me less likely, not more, to buy their DAP.

Dec 10, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #5,031 of 6,262
I think HIBY working on their own DAP has likely directed their attention away from software development for competing DAP's. Cayin, Shanling, etc. can't control what Hiby does, and have made that clear from the beginning. If Hiby drops the ball on stuff like this, it makes me less likely, not more, to buy their DAP.

Agreed.

Though I would assume Cayin, Shanling, et al, have contracts; HIBY dropping development (or delivering a sub-standard product) could be viewed as a breach of contract, with all the legalities that entails.

Dec 10, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #5,032 of 6,262
I'm not sure why everyone is getting so worked up. Yes, I want the damn thing to work, but Cayin already said that they had to wait for HiBy to release the final app and then after they'd tested the new firmware and ensured it worked, they're release it. So HiBy released the iOS app, I figure we're waiting for the final firmware from Cayin. I'd rather they got it right than be disappointed.

Dec 10, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #5,033 of 6,262
Agreed.

Though I would assume Cayin, Shanling, et al, have contracts; HIBY dropping development (or delivering a sub-standard product) could be viewed as a breach of contract, with all the legalities that entails.
We don’t know. It could be an uncompensated add-on, in which case Hiby owes nothing. This is certainly not functionality that was available or advertised at the time I purchased N3. We are very quick to consider a potential improvement as an entitlement. This is all business. Hiby makes decisions based on their self-interest and I make purchasing decisions based on what Best meets my needs

Dec 10, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #5,034 of 6,262
I can't get my iPad to pair with N3 any more. I unpaired and started again and I get a message on the iPad saying that a certain code should be displayed on the N3 (which it isn't) and to press to confirm. When I confirm, the connection fails. Anyone else had this issue with an iOS device? Was hoping to finally try HiBy Link on iPad but now it looks like I can't.

EDIT: If I turn off HiBy Link I can pair with iPad straight away and the connection works fine but HiBy Link doesn't work at all.

Hi, I just connected my iphone7 to N3 and it worked flawlessly. It is normal that when N3 hibylink is open, cell phone or ipad cannot connect on N3 via BT directly. Because these two functions are mutually exclusive.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 10, 2017 at 10:07 PM Post #5,035 of 6,262
I guess Cayin are still working on the beta N3 2.1 + Hibylink iOS firmware.........

I just updated to iOS 11.2 and was hoping that would solve the Hiby Link problem but alas no joy! Waiting for Hiby to solve the problem
I suspect it’s Cayin that need to solve the BT problem with a firmware version that supports HiBy Link for iOS.

Hi, the N3 IOS Hibylink firmware will be released within this week. Please stay tuned.

Dec 10, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #5,036 of 6,262
For anyone that interested in bluetooth, convenience and extra feature or possibility
Just happen tried my cayin n3 transmit music wirelessly via Bluetooth to speaker flawlessly.
The interesting part, i control cayin n3 via hibymusic to play music
and also while make playlist, sort some music (not try delete, i think must use fat32 from pages before and actually more fast using computer for organize).
So the solution to create playlist on the move is by hibylink with select by song or SELECT ALL in each folder
Hibylink can create playlist explore by folder structure inside tf card, sort by artist, album or other tag. More flexible and we get better and bigger screen.
Hiby link can connect and control cayin n3 to play wired or wirelessly (the music inside n3 to BT headphone/other receiver).
Just share this, because
from pages before (still on progress 250page+ done read) and forgot somewhere before there is question to use hibymusic with cayin also with bt speaker or earphone and headphone. The answer is not possible to use cayin n3 as transmitter and receiver in bluetooth.
Maybe the correct one is not possible for stream from phone (like tidal/podcast or music from internal phone) to cayin also stream again with bluetooth to speaker/headphone/earphone.
i think this give more option and clear info to other new and existing customer.
Sorry if cant explain clearly, english isnt my native language.

Thank you so much for your sharing, Ad123 !

Dec 10, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #5,037 of 6,262
Aha. Found it.
Inside hibymusic,
It can scroll to left and we can pick album artist or folder which we can explore inside cayin n3.

Now i can truly explore folder based on cayin n3 or by my android via hiby.

That will be great! Glad to hear that you have resolved the problem finally!

Dec 10, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #5,038 of 6,262
Hi, I just connected my iphone7 to N3 and it worked flawlessly. It is normal that when N3 hibylink is open, cell phone or ipad cannot connect on N3 via BT directly.
Right, Bluetooth works fine with Hiby link off but with Hiby link on BT disconnects and iPhone has no way to see music on N3. What am I missing???

Dec 11, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #5,040 of 6,262
Hi, I just connected my iphone7 to N3 and it worked flawlessly. It is normal that when N3 hibylink is open, cell phone or ipad cannot connect on N3 via BT directly. Because these two functions are mutually exclusive.
Yep, I got Bluetooth working, but that’s worked with my iPad since I bought the N3. It’s the HiBy Link that doesn’t work. Is that something you need to fix with firmware update (as I think you suggested) or is it an issue with HiBy software?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back