Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Dec 3, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #4,981 of 6,262
I have been using the N3 for several hours tonight playing music from a flash drive using the OTG feature. Does anyone know if this would drain the battery faster than just playing from the micro-sd card? I usually get about 12 hours from the card but it seems that I will only get 8 hours using OTG.

Hi, yes, your are right. It can drain the battery faster than just playing from the micro-sd card because N3 can spare 300mA to external. You can go to the right top search bar in this page, and input "OTG" posted by my colleague Andykong then press enter, you will see some OTG information you need.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 3, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #4,982 of 6,262
Tried with other players (with no problems), tried with other microSD cards, via streaming from phone, all same. I'm on 2.1 now, tried factory reset , nothing :worried:.

Hi, in this case, I suggest you to contact your retailer to do the warranty.Sorry for the inconvenience caused!

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 4, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #4,984 of 6,262
I have been using the N3 for several hours tonight playing music from a flash drive using the OTG feature. Does anyone know if this would drain the battery faster than just playing from the micro-sd card? I usually get about 12 hours from the card but it seems that I will only get 8 hours using OTG.
You'll get 8 to 9 hours using OTG. That's been my experience.

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:22 AM Post #4,985 of 6,262
You'll get 8 to 9 hours using OTG. That's been my experience.

This was my first time to use OTG for an entire battery cycle. I had previously just tried it with an album or two. It was at 25% after around 6 hours so 8 or 9 sounds right. I left it to charge and went to bed. Happy to have the option as my 200GB card is full.

Hi, yes, your are right. It can drain the battery faster than just playing from the micro-sd card because N3 can spare 300mA to external. You can go to the right top search bar in this page, and input "OTG" posted by my colleague Andykong then press enter, you will see some OTG information you need.

Thank you for the reminder. I usually do search first. I had forgotten that Andy had addressed this. We all need to remember that the search function works very well as long as you tick the box that says to search within this thread.

EDIT: Also look for a flash drive without an LED. :ksc75smile:

Oh yes... I chose a flashdrive without an LED as I do not want that light flashing at me when I am enjoying my music.

Dec 4, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #4,986 of 6,262
First post on here as I couldn't seem to find an answer elsewhere.
I am attempting to pair some PXC 550 with my N3 with no luck.
I get an attempted bt connection, followed by a connection failed.
Any ideas?

Anyone have sennheiser hd 4.50 and pxc550 ? Can it connect aptx with cayin ?
Because at page 170 something at back there is someone troubled at failed connection
Also for clarity which one is better ?
Sound sig is toward audio technica but sr5bt is not over ear and dsr7bt have creacking risk, also only 15hr battery.

So anyone can share their experience or opinion ?

Dec 4, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #4,989 of 6,262
I thought at some point Cayin, and possibly some other makers, confirmed problems paring with Senn BT phones.

I remember this too. So far, just Sennheisers seem to be the problem.

So is it safe to take the bullet for pxc 550 quality with bt feature, noise cancellation ? Or are there any alternative? For clarity treble ?
I read using cable is make pxc 550 shine and even better use cable data usb to it.

Dec 4, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #4,990 of 6,262
So is it safe to take the bullet for pxc 550 quality with bt feature, noise cancellation ? Or are there any alternative? For clarity treble ?
I read using cable is make pxc 550 shine and even better use cable data usb to it.
No clue. I can only go by what I've read. I don't have a lot of experience with Bluetooth headphones, but I'm working on it.

Dec 4, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #4,991 of 6,262

I have these headphones and they do seem great for general office listening.
When paired with the USB it really does push it to another level, super clear and dynamic.
I am no way an expert at in judging what sounds good.

Dec 4, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #4,992 of 6,262
I have these headphones and they do seem great for general office listening.
When paired with the USB it really does push it to another level, super clear and dynamic.
I am no way an expert at in judging what sounds good.

So can you paired pxc 550 with cayin n3 ?

Actually i have sennheiser hd 4.40 and it is paired ok. But just to make sure for pxc before added to collection.

Dec 4, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #4,993 of 6,262
So can you paired pxc 550 with cayin n3 ?

Actually i have sennheiser hd 4.40 and it is paired ok. But just to make sure for pxc before added to collection.

Never got them to pair, only using via 3.5mm cable.
Chatted with Cayin support and the response was that they were not supported, but if they did pair and connect that then I shouldn't have any troubles connecting after that. Sadly that never worked.

Tempted by the N5II and am hoping that the BT works on that model.

Dec 4, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #4,994 of 6,262
Never got them to pair, only using via 3.5mm cable.
Chatted with Cayin support and the response was that they were not supported, but if they did pair and connect that then I shouldn't have any troubles connecting after that. Sadly that never worked.

Tempted by the N5II and am hoping that the BT works on that model.

Actually is it strange and confusing for cannot paired and not compatible.
By spec alone, it is bluetooth pairing. Without pass code or pin also.

It is very sad if it really cant paired at all with cayin 3.
Are you try to enter pairing mode at pxc 550 before ?

In manual pxc 550 at page 21
There is button to press like 7 sec and the indicator led should blink blue and red.

An the old profile bluetooth on cayin can unpaired first. So like do it all over from fresh start.

I cant try because not yet buy. And cant try first in indonesia

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #4,995 of 6,262
Actually is it strange and confusing for cannot paired and not compatible.
By spec alone, it is bluetooth pairing. Without pass code or pin also.

It is very sad if it really cant paired at all with cayin 3.
Are you try to enter pairing mode at pxc 550 before ?

In manual pxc 550 at page 21
There is button to press like 7 sec and the indicator led should blink blue and red.

An the old profile bluetooth on cayin can unpaired first. So like do it all over from fresh start.

I cant try because not yet buy. And cant try first in indonesia

Based on the info in this thread I think you can assume the pairing will NOT be successful over Bluetooth. I've occasionally come across other combos which would not pair up even though both would pair with other devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back