Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Oct 19, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #4,471 of 6,262
The N3 has two different USB modes - and you have to select DAC.

Oct 19, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #4,473 of 6,262
I suppose it could be an issue with the USB cable.

Oct 19, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #4,476 of 6,262
The adapter needs to be otg but you will probably run into the same issue as I have with the HA2SE charging from the N3 which we were discussing the other day.

Hi, when I tried to pair the demo unit (n3) with my ha2se the charging indicator in ha2se was off, so I presumed ha2se did not drain n3 battery.I use micro usb to micro usb with my friend's type c adapter.

Oct 19, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #4,477 of 6,262
And I have promised to check the feasibility on apt-X in reception mode. Turn out we cannot implement this in N3 because that's the limitation of Ingenic X1000 processor. We are looking at other possibilities to strength the BT reception feature, such as implementing the AAC profile for BT reception.

Hi Andy, do you know if the next iteration of the N3 (whatever it's called) will support aptX in receive mode? Thanks.

Oct 19, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #4,478 of 6,262
Hi, when I tried to pair the demo unit (n3) with my ha2se the charging indicator in ha2se was off, so I presumed ha2se did not drain n3 battery.I use micro usb to micro usb with my friend's type c adapter.

Can you clarify that when you used your friends cable and adapter your N3 and HA2SE connected and the HA2SE was not charging or is this the setup that's not working? I use the Shanling L2 cable but this still draws power from the N3. Wish I'd kept my chord mojo.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #4,479 of 6,262
Just bought the 3rd N3 in this household. Myself, wife and now daughter all have them. I can't give a much bigger endorsement.

Oct 19, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #4,480 of 6,262
Can you clarify that when you used your friends cable and adapter your N3 and HA2SE connected and the HA2SE was not charging or is this the setup that's not working? I use the Shanling L1 cable but this still draws power from the N3. Wish I'd kept my chord mojo.

Hi, just to clarify it was working flawlessly when I tried the demo unit (n3) with ha2se and my friend's type c adapter. The charging indicator in ha2se was showing no signs of charging.

The problem now is my n3 cannot detect ha2se, I use the same cable but with different type c adapter. Even the charging indicator in both devices was off.

Oct 19, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #4,482 of 6,262
Hi, just to clarify it was working flawlessly when I tried the demo unit (n3) with ha2se and my friend's type c adapter. The charging indicator in ha2se was showing no signs of charging.

The problem now is my n3 cannot detect ha2se, I use the same cable but with different type c adapter. Even the charging indicator in both devices was off.

Hi, I believe that it is your adapter's problem. N3 USB Audio Out must be OTG or USB hard drive. Without OTG or USB hard drive, N3 cannot detect any signal. So your friend's type c adapter should support OTG or USB hard drive.For your type c adapter, I recommend you to contact its support to double confirm .

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 19, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #4,483 of 6,262
Hi, I believe that it is your adapter's problem. N3 USB Audio Out must be OTG or USB hard drive. Without OTG or USB hard drive, N3 cannot detect any signal. So your friend's type c adapter should support OTG or USB hard drive.For your type c adapter, I recommend you to contact its support to double confirm .

Hi, thanks for the reply. The adapter works fine when I connected the N3 to my PC and N3 is detected as USB drive, so the N3 is detected the signal. I will try with another adapter later. I am using v2.1 firmware, do you have any Cayin support contact in Indonesia?

Oct 19, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #4,484 of 6,262
Hi, thanks for the reply. The adapter works fine when I connected the N3 to my PC and N3 is detected as USB drive, so the N3 is detected the signal. I will try with another adapter later. I am using v2.1 firmware, do you have any Cayin support contact in Indonesia?
I use N3 with Oppo HA2Se without any issues. I use USB-C to micro usb connector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back