Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Apr 13, 2017 at 3:13 AM Post #1,246 of 6,262
Hi, i was just hoping to ask again. The Cayin N3 seems to have all the basics i need in a dap. Except for streaming. I wanted go ask if i use my iPhone 7 as the source via BT. Will I still the same quality on the N3? Or should i just save up for an android dap instead.

Apr 13, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #1,247 of 6,262
I am still hanging around at LA after the CanJam SoCal discussing some new cooperation opportunity for Cayin, Looks like Cayin will exhibit at the Los Angeles Audio Show dated 2-4 June, We'll might have "some" new products showcase at this event. so please stay tune for that.

Another good news is directly related to N3: Headfonia has published a full review on N3 DAP. http://www.headfonia.com/review-cayin-n3-the-master/

Lieven said "N3 sounds great and it really is a killer DAP for an excellent price", and the "Cayin N3 for sure is the recommended buy in the sub $150USD category." If you want to find out how did Lieven arrived at this conclusion for N3, please check out the review for full details.
@Ultrainferno, I salute to your hard work within such a short period after your business trip.
beerchug.gif

My online productivity is kind of significantly reduced because I won't be able to get online until I am back to my hotel at late evening. I shall resume my regular operation by mid. next week. The momentum of the N3 thread and the quality of discussion here is truly amazing, lets see if the N3 thread will hit 100 pages by that time.

Thank you Andy. Enjoy the rest of your stay in the US.

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #1,248 of 6,262
I am still hanging around at LA after the CanJam SoCal discussing some new cooperation opportunity for Cayin, Looks like Cayin will exhibit at the Los Angeles Audio Show dated 2-4 June, We'll might have "some" new products showcase at this event. so please stay tune for that.

Another good news is directly related to N3: Headfonia has published a full review on N3 DAP.

Lieven said "N3 sounds great and it really is a killer DAP for an excellent price", and the "Cayin N3 for sure is the recommended buy in the sub $150USD category." If you want to find out how did Lieven arrived at this conclusion for N3, please check out the review for full details.

@Ultrainferno, I salute to your hard work within such a short period after your business trip.
beerchug.gif

My online productivity is kind of significantly reduced because I won't be able to get online until I am back to my hotel at late evening. I shall resume my regular operation by mid. next week. The momentum of the N3 thread and the quality of discussion here is truly amazing, lets see if the N3 thread will hit 100 pages by that time.

Thank you Andy for the update. Enjoy your time in LA!

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #1,249 of 6,262
Finally got the adapter for the mojo and tried the Cayin Coax cable.  Sounds fine cant really tell any difference between that and the usb otg cable i was using.  maybe on a proper listen i might but at least i dont have the music keep cutting out due to usng a usb c adapter.  Not sure its worth the price over USB and had i not needed to buy another cable i dont think i would have bothered.  But i can now connect the N3 to my seperates system and play it out through that so i suppose that is a bonus.

On the battery note ive not noticed any difference since upgrading the firmware.   

Def need a leather case for this, the silicone has already torn in a couple places from pocketing.  its starting to look tatty now and not what the N3 deserves.

Apr 13, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #1,250 of 6,262

My baby came home to roost and I love it! Upgraded to firmware 1.1 and everything works flawlessly. It's actually built better than I thought it would be.

My thoughts on sound out of the box is it sounds fantastic, it's more dynamic than the x5 3 and definitely not as warm- which I really like. Staging and detail/resolution seem pretty even, the n3 stage even appears a touch wider than the x5 3. Frankly I'm pretty amazed how good this 'bargin' dap sounds. Cayin you have a fan! Going to burn this baby in for a couple of days before I give a more detailed comparison.

Only thing I'd like is faster scrolling, and not to have the other background pic flash between album art when I change tracks.Oh and I would love a nice classy leather case. Not feeling the silicone :frowning2:

Oh and I love the size, it's a midget compared to x5 3, and the pleather back is really cool- much nicer than I expected and my baby is going 'nude' for now.

Ha ha I have to add one more thought, I love you can wake up the screen with the circle button. On the x5 3 I hit the other buttons on the other side when I'm waking up the screen quite a lot. X5 3 users will know what I mean :wink:

And don't get me wrong, x5 3 is a very classy unit that is awesome for peeps that will use the android features. I have a nice android phone and tablet so I never use the extra features myself.

Apr 13, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #1,251 of 6,262
Man O'man O'man, this is such a sweet sounding setup
tongue_smile.gif

Thread truly, Sendiy M1221 Silver Filters w/A4 cable & Trinity Bi-Flange
wink_face.gif

Apr 13, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #1,252 of 6,262
Hello Everyone!

first post here! I am searching for my very first Dap... after 1224234 hours of reading (thank you guys for all the knowledge you put here) I finally have 2 finalists (under $200 budget): FiioX3ii and this wonderful Cayin N3

I have read the whole 84 pages in this thread... and the 2 reviews mentioned, but still nobody compares this two. someone? which one between this two would you recommend? (if you recommend another I will have to read 12234234 hours more, as I am quite obsessive). I listen mainly CD quality Pink Floyd. (want to try high resolution... so I need my very first Dap!)

thank you!

Apr 13, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #1,253 of 6,262
Hello Everyone!

first post here! I am searching for my very first Dap... after 1224234 hours of reading (thank you guys for all the knowledge you put here) I finally have 2 finalists (under $200 budget): FiioX3ii and this wonderful Cayin N3

I have read the whole 84 pages in this thread... and the 2 reviews mentioned, but still nobody compares this two. someone? which one between this two would you recommend? (if you recommend another I will have to read 12234234 hours more, as I am quite obsessive). I listen mainly CD quality Pink Floyd. (want to try high resolution... so I need my very first Dap!)

thank you!

Well that's easy N3 all the way, the sound on the N3 competes with much more $$$ units and the N3 just has more features. The x3 2 sounds congested and more 2 dimensional than the N3. Not that it sounds bad, Cayin just knows how to implement the akm 4490, and I think it beats the cirrus DAC.
Only thing x3 2 wins on is build quality. Not that the N3 is shoddy, it's just not as solid as x3 2.

Apr 13, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #1,254 of 6,262
  Hello Everyone!

thank you!

Dark Side sounded new to me on the N3. It was the first thing I played. FLAC from the Original Master.

Apr 13, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #1,257 of 6,262
A quick calculation says I have purchased this music 10+ times. I think That I may be done now. Or maybe not.....

Apr 13, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #1,258 of 6,262
Well that's easy N3 all the way, the sound on the N3 competes with much more $$$ units and the N3 just has more features. The x3 2 sounds congested and more 2 dimensional than the N3. Not that it sounds bad, Cayin just knows how to implement the akm 4490, and I think it beats the cirrus DAC.
Only thing x3 2 wins on is build quality. Not that the N3 is shoddy, it's just not as solid as x3 2.

Hey! thank you!! now it is clear to me...

Dark Side sounded new to me on the N3. It was the first thing I played. FLAC from the Original Master.

wow, where did you get this treasure!!! 

Now I will go for the N3, then for a better headphones, then a portable amp, then for better versions of dark side of the moon, I just have the cd... need sacd and others... then for more pink floyd's material to enjoy in the Cayin N3... inmersions boxes, japanese versions, 2011 remasters, firsts versions cds... etc etc ..... I need a lot of money for sure.

And now my problem is where to get the N3... no place to get from Chile... eBay just show some few expensive choices (no $150)... this is the problem when you live so far from where everything is happening. 

Apr 13, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #1,259 of 6,262

Now I will go for the N3, then for a better headphones, then a portable amp, then for better versions of dark side of the moon, I just have the cd... need sacd and others... then for more pink floyd's material to enjoy in the Cayin N3... inmersions boxes, japanese versions, 2011 remasters, firsts versions cds... etc etc ..... I need a lot of money for sure.

And now my problem is where to get the N3... no place to get from Chile... eBay just show some few expensive choices (no $150)... this is the problem when you live so far from where everything is happening. 

The division bell HD tracks are really nice too.Along with DSD wish you were here. Which I think is converted from a SACD, not sure. Hopefully Sids found some peace.

Apr 13, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #1,260 of 6,262

As I said I kept buying each new release.Try contacting Andrew at MusicTeck. He is a great guy and may be able to help you out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back