Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Mar 25, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #541 of 6,262
  Someone asked earlier about battery replacement. I'm adventurous and opened up the engineering sample I've got. The battery is adhered to the backplate. The actual connection to the motherboard is a clip. It isn't soldered, so as long as this is the same in the final production units battery replacement should be pretty easy. The one thing to be wary of is that the back is held on by plastic clips, so if you're not careful you can break off some of the clips. Then the backplate won't be quite as secure, although the silicon case holds it together nicely. Not that I broke any of the clips on the engineering sample. Nope, not me...

wink_face.gif

I choose to believe you too. 
devil_face.gif

Mar 25, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #542 of 6,262
Glad to know several members of this forum has received their N3 in past few hours. I hope you like what you received. I shall feedback to several questions "collectively":
[...]

If you run into any bug or problem, feel free to raise it here. I shall take note and follow up with them promptly.

Andy, I thought I noticed an issue with the EQ earlier where it stops working after a bunch of changes. Seems that the cause may actually letting the player go to sleep. When you wake it back up, the EQ is the same as the 'Off" setting, no matter what your choices are. You can scroll between all the choices (including a custom that is -6db on all faders, which should sound noticably nasty at the same volume level) and they all sound the same. I think that I just happened to have been testing earlier doing other stuff too and it had gone to sleep. I still can't figure out how to get it back to working without factory resetting the player.

Mar 26, 2017 at 4:55 AM Post #544 of 6,262
  Looks ikr the reported battery time is also on point.  I had this playing over night from a 100% charge gor up this morning and about 8 hrs playback with 14% battery left.  This was with bluetooth off and the screen off.

Actually since the specs estimate 12 hours continuous playback with the screen off.  So you should have about 33% (4 hours) battery life left for it to be accurate. 

Mar 26, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #546 of 6,262
I'm using flac files all ripped from CDs using best audio quality least compression possible.

I thought battery was 9. That's was the first full charge. I drained and am charging again so will see how it goes tonight. At least that will be the two day burn in done.

Mar 26, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #547 of 6,262
I was planning to get a x3-ii when I came across this player. Can someone please throw some light on how this pairs with ath-im02 and the 1more triple driver. I'm looking for a neutral sound signature with slight bump in the bass; more musical than analytical.
Please note that this will be my first dap.
Thanks in advance.

Mar 26, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #548 of 6,262
  Someone asked earlier about battery replacement. I'm adventurous and opened up the engineering sample I've got. The battery is adhered to the backplate. The actual connection to the motherboard is a clip. It isn't soldered, so as long as this is the same in the final production units battery replacement should be pretty easy. The one thing to be wary of is that the back is held on by plastic clips, so if you're not careful you can break off some of the clips. Then the backplate won't be quite as secure, although the silicon case holds it together nicely. Not that I broke any of the clips on the engineering sample. Nope, not me...

wink_face.gif

Thank you! Did you get a chance to look at the battery capacity on the label?

Mar 26, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #549 of 6,262
   so if you're not careful you can break off some of the clips. Then the backplate won't be quite as secure, although the silicon case holds it together nicely. Not that I broke any of the clips on the engineering sample. Nope, not me...

tongue.gif

Mar 26, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #550 of 6,262
Just make the jump and bought the N3 to use with my Mojo. It will replace my beloved Shanling M1 which I really like when combine with Mojo but would like to try the N3 specially with the ''special'' USB C to Coaxial cable. The cable looks really good on picture, just hope now that it is well build and sounds good......actually I'm wondering if it sounds better than the 5$ usb c to micro b otg cable that I use on  my M1 with Mojo!!

Anyone test USB vs Coax input on Mojo when feed with DAP? Thanks!

Mar 26, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #551 of 6,262
Do you have a link you can share for the cable?

Mar 26, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #553 of 6,262
Mar 26, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #554 of 6,262
Yeah, looks nice. Doesn't say anything about it or seem to be listed separately on the site though.

I believe that you are looking at an item that is available at additional cost.

Mar 26, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #555 of 6,262
Yes, I understand that. Have already ordered an n3 from advanced mp3 in the UK, but now am looking for a cable. That one likes ideal, so trying to find out what it is and where to buy from. I'll have a look on the other cayin threads to see if anything is posted on one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back