Cayin iHA-6 - US Tour and reviews
Jun 2, 2020 at 3:20 AM Post #526 of 751
I used high current for planar headphone. I only have it on when I use my LCD2. and I turn off when I use HD58x .

FYI: I am having the amp for sale, I am the very first owner. (Apology if this is not allow here.) Let me know if one of you interested.

Yeah high current for planar & low-impedance dynamic is also benefit of it. I somehow feel that the high-current mode sound more meaty and full than the low current.
BTW, what could be your next amplifier, you're selling for some upgrades? The iHA-6 I think it is very good p/p amplifier right now.

P/S: Nhìn tên giống VN thế bác :D

Jun 2, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #527 of 751
Yeah high current for planar & low-impedance dynamic is also benefit of it. I somehow feel that the high-current mode sound more meaty and full than the low current.
BTW, what could be your next amplifier, you're selling for some upgrades? The iHA-6 I think it is very good p/p amplifier right now.

P/S: Nhìn tên giống VN thế bác :D
Hi Anh Duy,

Nah, I am selling for downgrade actually. Yeah, it is powerful amplifier, you will get more power or louder when you run balanced input.

P/S: vang anh, em nguoi vn haa

Jun 4, 2020 at 7:36 AM Post #528 of 751
Also Cayin iHA-6 or Cayin HA-1A mk2 for Hifiman HE6se ?

I'll recommend iHA-6 if your main headphone is HE6se, set it to high current and high gain, it should work very well. :beerchug: :beerchug:

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jun 4, 2020 at 7:38 AM Post #529 of 751
Hi, I am trying out a Cayin iHA6 (fed from a Hugo2 via RCA) with my HEDDphones (32ohms) and Sony MDR Z1Rs (64ohms). I do not know for sure the current setting - High or Low. Any suggestions how they are to be used ?

I'll recommend High current for HEDDphones and Low current for Sony MDR Z1Rs, but there is no harm to try both and pick your prefered setting.

@nghenhac and @duyanh43 are correct, high current should work with planar better, we have reduced the rated output in order to pump out more current. Planar headphone has flat impedance across the complete frequency range, so voltage swing is not an issue here. On the other hand, the magnetic structure in Planar headphone eat current, so high current low voltage fit the planar headphones by design.

For similar reason, high current will also work well with low impedance headphones because the voltage swing of low impedance headphone are relatively low, and driving low impednace dynamic driver will required more current.

Last edited:

Jun 8, 2020 at 2:12 AM Post #530 of 751
Thanks a bunch @Andykong that was very helpful. Loving the iHA6, great recommendation from Jeremy at Zeppelin & Co in Singapore

Jun 21, 2020 at 6:31 AM Post #531 of 751
Some weird experience today with the Amplifier, I suddenly hear the buzzing, electric sound when I listen to music and this sound get louder when I decrease the volume knob on iHA6. I disconnected the HP jack and reconnect and the problem disappear, like the electric was charged and get discharged when I disconnect the XLR jack. It happens only once in a while and it kinda frustrating, anyone have this problem before, with any kind of gears. Much thanks

Jun 23, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #534 of 751

Jun 23, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #535 of 751
Some weird experience today with the Amplifier, I suddenly hear the buzzing, electric sound when I listen to music and this sound get louder when I decrease the volume knob on iHA6. I disconnected the HP jack and reconnect and the problem disappear, like the electric was charged and get discharged when I disconnect the XLR jack. It happens only once in a while and it kinda frustrating, anyone have this problem before, with any kind of gears. Much thanks

When you said it happens only once in a while, can you roughly estimate the frequency? Once everyday? Once a month? Do you feel any static when you touch the amplifier or the XLR4 connector?

Jun 23, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #536 of 751
When you said it happens only once in a while, can you roughly estimate the frequency? Once everyday? Once a month? Do you feel any static when you touch the amplifier or the XLR4 connector?
Today I tested, I leave the headphone connecting to the amplifier with no music on for about 30 minutes and it start to produce electric noises, I then turned off and do it again and after about 20' this happens again. I use 6.3 adapter and connect to SE output and 30 minutes passed and nothing happened. I havent test touching the amplifier, later today I switched my power cable to another socket and it seems better now.

Jun 24, 2020 at 2:54 AM Post #537 of 751
Today I tested, I leave the headphone connecting to the amplifier with no music on for about 30 minutes and it start to produce electric noises, I then turned off and do it again and after about 20' this happens again. I use 6.3 adapter and connect to SE output and 30 minutes passed and nothing happened. I havent test touching the amplifier, later today I switched my power cable to another socket and it seems better now.

In that case, shall we perform a small experiment to eliminate the problem of interference? Relocate the iHA-6 to another location (preferably a different circuit breaker in your household power supply), do not connect to any source, just leave it playback at standalone condition, check whether the same problem existed in the first 30 minutes playback.

Aug 3, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #540 of 751
I just recevied my Cayin IHA-6 and also got some very annoying buzz/noise/crackling issue with this amplifier:
The RME ADI-2 DAC FS is used with IHA-6 connected balanced (PC source USB of RME is isolated with Intona isolator).
Very loud noise and buzzing right channel and random crackling on left channel with 4-pin XLR balanced and also with 6,35mm unbalanced (but less), low/high gain or current doesn't make a difference (and also even if no input connected).
Headphone tested so far (low gain, low current, balanced):
  • E-MU Teak (Impedance: 25 ohm; Sensitivity: 106 dB) -> heavy noise/buzz
  • Focal Elegia (Impedance: 35 ohm; Sensitivity: 105dB) -> medium noise/buzz
  • Quad ERA-1 (Impedance: 25 ohm; Sensitivity: 94dB) -> medium noise/buzz/chrackling
  • Denon AH-D9200 (Impedance: 24 ohm;Sensitivity: 94dB) -> no noise in short test
Anyone got this solved without exchanging the unit or using some kind of impedance matcher?

@Andykong: did write a mail to info@cayin.cn also

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back