Cayin iHA-6 - US Tour and reviews
Sep 12, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #271 of 751
The slight brightness of the amp was cured by changing tubes in my dac. No 6922 did that trick. I added adapters and 5670s. A huge improvement to overall tone and soundstage . No fatigue on my treble sensitive ears now. Everything seemed to slow down. Beautiful clarity maintained. Loving the iha6 with the zmf or the he560. It is an amazing upgrade from my previous amps. Anyone with a tube based dac that implements the 5670 series should give the iha6 an audition.

Sep 12, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #273 of 751
I'm using a monarchy nm24.

Sep 13, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #274 of 751
Hi!

I've been saving my pennies to buy a balanced solid state amplifier. Until the announcement of the new Massdrop/Cavalli Liquid Carbon X, I was aiming for the Cayin iHA6 amp, right now I'm undecided. Has anyone had the chance of listening to these 2 units (in the case of the Cavalli, the original Liquid Carbon 2.0)? What are your general impressions? How do they stack up against each other?

Any insight would be really appreciated! :)

Sep 13, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #275 of 751
Hi!

I've been saving my pennies to buy a balanced solid state amplifier. Until the announcement of the new Massdrop/Cavalli Liquid Carbon X, I was aiming for the Cayin iHA6 amp, right now I'm undecided. Has anyone had the chance of listening to these 2 units (in the case of the Cavalli, the original Liquid Carbon 2.0)? What are your general impressions? How do they stack up against each other?

Any insight would be really appreciated! :)
Depends on the phones. I have original Carbon 1 in my gaming rig with Beyer 880, loving the combo. For anything planar I like cayins offering, regardless whether HE1000, HEX or HE560. I'd drawn the line here. Feel free to ask for more details!

Sep 13, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #276 of 751
Depends on the phones. I have original Carbon 1 in my gaming rig with Beyer 880, loving the combo. For anything planar I like cayins offering, regardless whether HE1000, HEX or HE560. I'd drawn the line here. Feel free to ask for more details!

Thanks for your answer! I will be using the amplifier with my HD800S, HD650 and Foxtex TXH00 PH (dettachable cable mod) headphones. Mainly, I'm looking for a good pairing for my HD800s and HD650s. I tend to like a (mostly) balanced and detailed sound with a little bit of warmth and good soundstage.

Sep 13, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #277 of 751
Thanks for your answer! I will be using the amplifier with my HD800S, HD650 and Foxtex TXH00 PH (dettachable cable mod) headphones. Mainly, I'm looking for a good pairing for my HD800s and HD650s. I tend to like a (mostly) balanced and detailed sound with a little bit of warmth and good soundstage.

As strange as it might sound, i have never listened to any of those two phones (I tend to avoid senss as a plague since my disappointing experience with HD555s -talk about superstition:) ). So I can't actually help you with this, sorry. That being said, and as much as I love IHA6, for 300 bucks the Carbon sounds like a good purchase, purely from price/performance point of view. You can always decide to switch later, and Carbons tend to hold the resale value well (or at least used to, lets see what thus this ridiculous dumping price offer of massdrop does wit that :) ). Maybe someone else could offer more personal experience with Carbon and senns at dedicated senns or carbon thread?

Anyway, good luck and enjoy anything you choose!

Sep 25, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #278 of 751
I got mine for about US$675 from a local dealer in Australia with warranty which I thought was a great deal. I have used 3 different HP and the Cayin controls them with authority

This is looking to be my next amp and if i can find one at that price locally thats sound good to me.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #279 of 751
@Andykong

Sorry if this has been answered the search function is horrible.

Whats the power output at 300,600ohm

On se and balanced?

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #281 of 751
Their price has been listed at $640-679 for quite a while now in eBay and AliExpress.

Oct 1, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #282 of 751
Their price has been listed at $640-679 for quite a while now in eBay and AliExpress.

Those are modified units with no warranty. Be careful out there guys!!

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Oct 1, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #283 of 751
Yes, that's what we call "gray market" (or "grey market" depending on the local spelling in your region). No after sales support and good luck with warranty.

Worth it? Maybe when the real thing sold for so much more, it might be something to consider if you absolutely HAD to have the product but couldn't afford it any other way. But not any more due to the price drops through official dealers.

Oct 2, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #284 of 751
Breaking news - the iHA-6 and iDAC-6 just received price cuts, dropping the prices from $999 each to $699 each. See info HERE.

Both devices were great buys at the original prices. At the new $699.... I can't think of anything else I'd recommend in their place.

Thats great and super competitive now! I want to pull the trigger and buy this but cant find any info on power output at 300ohm and 600ohm @Andykong

Oct 2, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #285 of 751
Those are modified units with no warranty. Be careful out there guys!!

I'm not from US, and using 230/240v so shouldn't be a modified version for me. And where I am from, unfortunately there is no official retailer for Cayin iHA-6 so the only source is through online...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back