Cayin iHA-6 - US Tour and reviews

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by project86, Feb 7, 2016.
First

Back
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Next

Last
  1. Zadok
    A note of warning to anyone considering the iHA-6 or the iDAC: I ordered them from one of the ebay sellers, and they said that the new versions of this is 220v-230v only. I don't know if that's because that seller only carries the 230v version and doesn't have the English to get that across or if there was an actual change in production? I sent an Email to Musicteck to see if they have any 110v versions, which I really hope they do. I was really looking forward to using this stack, especially because my LCD3 have a dual 3 pin balanced silver dragon cable with them. Dual 3 pin is a bit hard to find.

**Edit** I got the answer, and that information was incorrect. Musicteck sells units with proper US 110v

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    alphanumerix1 likes this.
  2. Andykong
    I think the eBay seller means he can only get 220V version, Cayin don't supply 110V version to 220V dealer, that's our policy since day 1 we launch iDAC-6 and iHA-6, they just pretend we change our practice recently and put the blame on us.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
    omniweltall likes this.
  3. carlcs
    I have a question about the iha 6. If i had a separate dac whose output is RCA and i use that as input to the iha 6, would the balanced jacks on the front still work? I heard that there are some amps whose balanced outputs only work if the balanced inputs are used so I'm wondering if it's the case for the iha-6.

Thanks

4. Andykong
    IHA6 will convert single end input to differentiate signal before feed to the amplification circuit, so you don't need to worry about using RCA with iHA6, you probably won't notice the different when compare to XLR input unless you AB compare them critically.

5. carlcs
    Thank you for replying andy. It's great that you're super active and helpful in answering our questions.

6. Andykong
    Thanks for your good word, its my please to meet with people sharing the same passion, so I enjoy getting pay to do something l enjoy. :beerchug:

7. carlcs
    planning on purchasing this in a few days. very excited for that

8. hufnall
    Hello!
    I have the question tu users iDAC-6 from Windows 10.

I used iDAC on TUSB Audio Class Driver 1.61.0 for a long time without the problems. But I installed Cayin USB Audio Driver V3.30.0_For Windows 7 and above (new version with balans’ regulation). Everythink was ok, ( TUSB Audio Class Driver 1.61.0 I uninstalled in autostart).
    I uninstalled (IObit Uninstaller) TUSB Audio Class Driver 1.61.0 and it was a beginning of my problems. Equipment stoped to play. I uninstalled Cayin USB Audio Driver V3.30.0_For Windows 7 and above – and I was surprised, it played again. (I suppose on driversWindows 10), but first i had 2 channels (L, P), after 4 (L,P, Ś, Sub)
    [​IMG]

After repeated installing TUSB Audio Class Driver 1.61.0
    [​IMG]
    And I still have 4 channels

I installed Cayin USB Audio Driver V3.30.0_For Windows 7 and above (VirusTotal 36/66)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  9. hufnall
    XP:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And I still have 4 channels.

There is written on the screen: 44,1kHz independently of the choice (the button Source) OPTICAL, COAXIAL, AES/EBU, USB AUDIO in the course when cables are not connected with sockets: OPTICAL, COAXIAL, AES/EBU, USB AUDIO [Only cabel 230V is connects ; ) ].

10. jessnie
    care to share a link for AliExpress?

11. Zadok
    Be careful of location because the chinese sellers on ebay and aliexpress only sell the 220v version.

12. hufnall
    [​IMG]

230V

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  13. Andykong
    This was my first show demo set of iDAC-6 and iHA-6, a pre-production version if we might call it. We only make about 10 set like this for demo and go through the safety certification in China, EU and US.

The voltage selection switch has been removed in order to satisfy the latest CE (equivalent) certification in China, so it never happens in the retail version. The retail shops knows about this, they just "prefer" to use this photo so that we they can sell the unit to oversee market".

I have include the back panel of my current demo set for your reference.
    666 back panel.jpg

14. hufnall
    "The voltage selection switch has been removed in order to satisfy the latest CE (equivalent) certification in China, so it never happens in the retail version. The retail shops knows about this, they just "prefer" to use this photo so that we they can sell the unit to oversee market" ?

15. hufnall
    m2 IMG_20171203_151703543.jpg

"so it never happens in the retail version" - it was bought in Poland in certificated shop.
    I have bild.

First

Back
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Next

Last